Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: jimstacy
About
User Name: jimstacy
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 240
[0.08% of all post / 0.04 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Intraday Trading
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2011 2:25:22 AM
this topic didn't pick up many posts. no way to charge any one? MS works at times. Worden stochastic is good for catching turns. after you find stocks to work with,(I attempt to keep several I look at every evening) add alert for stochastic crossing above 10, or ma crossing another, (3 crossing 5). price backing up to a ma, watch to see if price continues in the same direction or reverses. look for tests of crossings, a back up can also be a test. look at fib or pivot points for opportunity or weakness, when you take a class their interest may be in selling a nightly report, or morning report. some times it helps while one gains experience.
Topic: candlesticks, vs bars
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2011 1:56:40 AM
I find using bars, price spread with volume and the closing more of interest than candles. the only class on candles I went to I found the names funny and was ask to allow others to see which they liked. candles confuse the real market, Price and Volume.
Topic: Intraday Trading
Posted: Sunday, April 3, 2011 5:40:38 AM
useing tc2000, set up the pivot points, use any indicators you have experience with. I like three charts, a large 5 min, with the rest of the space (two screens) filled with 30 min, and a daily chart. use the action from the day before to guess ta mate the direction for the day(follow the short term trend) when you guess wrong. attempt to find a potential buying opportunity from buying tests from the previous days action then settle on one to three to watch first thing in the morning. give them half hr or so to settle into a trend. don't forget the stops. use slower trading stock to gain experience. any more information I will need to charge you??
Topic: Computer Systems for trading
Posted: Thursday, March 3, 2011 12:55:16 AM
some adult night classes at local schools offer computer building. all the information needed to find the right parts can be found in books or on the internet.after you build one the next are simple to do at home. pick out a larger case for easy access.or find a parts seller, here we have P C Club, they sell the parts and have all the help one needs to build a good computer. I built three after the first class. no problems with trading or any other interest. the windows 7is like having a tutor it down loads and sets up most of the programs.multiple monitors included, you just choose 1, 2 ,3.........
Topic: Not much action on the forums these days?
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2011 12:18:19 AM
I'm a reader more so than a poster, never took time to learn the chart posting. I like the slow down, gives me a break from going over all the new ideas. I read most of the new stuff. I don't see a dying forum as long as new interest keep joining.
Topic: Demark calls a market top
Posted: Monday, February 14, 2011 2:36:58 AM
the Wyckoff Method waits for a projected top,(up side objective) an automatic reaction and a secondary test before calling a top, there can be an upthrust on low volume that can fool buyers also. for my interest the secondary test is important.
Topic: Question for "Free" training class attendees
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2011 2:53:46 AM
I found the training just that training, no pressure to buy any thing.if the afternoon session is for platinum subscribers, they may not want it filled with gold subscribers leaving no seats for the platinum folks?the first one I attended, I wondered how they were going to sell any thing with no sales pitch. it was the product selling its self?
Topic: YRCW
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2011 1:55:16 AM
passed by the old yellow terminal, its filled with the new company trucks and a couple of yellows old equipment. this company has older equipment than yellow used, money may be tight compared to the yellow company.didn't check to see if roadway terminal is open.
Topic: taking profits
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2011 1:42:18 AM
sell at a sell signal, same as a buy signal. have a set of sell signals same as your buy signals, except on the top end of the trade that works out. look at previous signals in the past of this stock, for the time frame you choose. and it can go on to say sell when your index gives a signal, then that brings up, does the stock signal at the same time as the index or earlier, or later. good stuff.
Topic: Money Stream
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2010 2:44:35 AM
Looks much easier than my way, I learned the old way, position of price in trend lines relative to volume.