Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

YRCW Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
fpetry
Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:54:04 AM
Every now and then a sub $1 stock will catch my eye.  YRCW this morning is testing its upper Bollinger on highest volume for first hour and 15 minutes of trading in past five days.  Quick eyeball of daily chart shows Bollinger bands appearing to be at tightest pinch or squeeze in over two years.  Which means lowest volatily for 20 day period...low volatility begets high volatility.  Huge volume and price surge July. Needless to say this one is EXTREMELY volatile.  Worth watching maybe.
jimstacy
Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 2:05:42 AM
I took a look at the Yellow Frt. terminal, its empty with weeds grown 2 to 3 feet along the fences and land scape. no trucks, nothing, except the building.The Roadway terminal about a quarter of the size of the Yellow terminalis still in business with several Yellow trucks parked along the fence.I have no information on what is going on, But would guess they have down sized. a lot.there is information some where as to what is going on with the company, I would look it up. may be like GM stock.
fpetry
Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:46:44 AM
QUOTE (jimstacy)
I took a look at the Yellow Frt. terminal, its empty with weeds grown 2 to 3 feet along the fences and land scape. no trucks, nothing, except the building.The Roadway terminal about a quarter of the size of the Yellow terminalis still in business with several Yellow trucks parked along the fence.I have no information on what is going on, But would guess they have down sized. a lot.there is information some where as to what is going on with the company, I would look it up. may be like GM stock.

The company definitely has big probs and price certainly reflects that.  I'm eyeing strictly as a short term trade if price can ever break out above .30.   It's facing delisting from Nasdaq per its lengthy sub $1 price and has a meeting with them about that next month.  Hoping co. can pull a rabbit out of hat before then, even if it's a sick one.  The current price pattern coil is so tight  and add that to its recent high volatile moves, that I think almost any type of semi good news would rocket price up fast.
realitycheck
Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 11:19:33 AM
I'm afraid they're toast ...

One of my guys worked for Yellow full time ... and me part time ...

He had about 12 years seniority ... and still got the ax ... no call backs ...

I put him on full time when he got laid off ... as he's too proud to draw a check from the govt ... and hates a union nearly as bad as I do ...

They took themselves through something of quasi-bankruptcy ... giving their debt holders 95% of the common stock in exchange for the debt ... reducing the previous shareholders position to 5% of the company ...

And even with that ... they're bleeding cash ... and taking on more debt ...

Just another great company that a union has strangled to death ...

diceman
Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 12:04:37 PM
QUOTE (realitycheck)

What was needed was an "every other mode of transport, tax".

That would have made them more competitive.

Thanks
diceman
jimstacy
Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 2:29:50 AM
QUOTE (realitycheck)
I'm afraid they're toast ...

One of my guys worked for Yellow full time ... and me part time ...

He had about 12 years seniority ... and still got the ax ... no call backs ...

I put him on full time when he got laid off ... as he's too proud to draw a check from the govt ... and hates a union nearly as bad as I do ...

They took themselves through something of quasi-bankruptcy ... giving their debt holders 95% of the common stock in exchange for the debt ... reducing the previous shareholders position to 5% of the company ...

And even with that ... they're bleeding cash ... and taking on more debt ...

I couldn't argue the union point, But, every issue the states grant favors for the smaller business also applies to the union worker. Congress uses a pie chart to divvie up the increases in wages for national unions, along with most businesses. you must remember the union worker most likely has a high school or less education. until Hoffa's son became president, leaders were from rank and file. not sure what that means, read it some where. when the union leader meets with companys, they are at a disadvantage. they have only the union leaders telling them what to say. the company sends their managers to city colleges or hire those with degrees, Industrial Relations is a required class. take a look at this class, and if you are a union person, first thoughts, we never had a chance, its fixed before we were born. any thoughts on Hoffa, I understand if his social security check is traced he will be found??? this has nothing to do with the stock, its interesting for workers. I worked casual for Yellow a few weeks good company. I believe it was owned by some one with Oil Interest, makes for a market for the diesel produced. I would agree there toast.
sharppolly
Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 11:27:41 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

If a business relies on forced labor to succeed, it is to all of our benifit that they go out of business. 

diceman
Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 12:31:24 PM
Everyone relies on business.
Its only those who lie, that pretend they dont.

Thanks
diceman
realitycheck
Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 1:04:34 PM
Ever wonder why union employees feel like they need an organization to help them keep their job ?

www dot youtube.com/watch?v=SWi6IlmSO_o

jimstacy
Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 12:59:58 AM
RC,couldn't open the utube.how about why have a union for employees?not having to deal with employees, have the union take the questions.have a pay scale in place, no one gets a raise until contract renewal, every one is paid the same, work or not.its not our issue your union signed the contract. or the union comments this is your issue, 90% are happy with the issue. unless you take a poll you have no idea.union workers over the long haul become dependent on the other guy(union) never understand looking out for your self. its their loss.
Apsll
Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 7:35:24 AM

Figures the Fox network was "on the job"...

Unions are only as good/bad as those that lead them, like any other faction of business.

I am sure that the corporate management never drinks on their lunch or toot a little blow, I know how about steal corporate funds and then give each other hefty pay raises. Maybe they need a union also so as to protect their phony baloney jobs. No wonder they all need government bail-out, what are we Democrats doing here? Creating a corporate welfare state???

fpetry
Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 8:15:48 AM

I see the YRCW thread has morphed into unions and politics...oh my, that's a first for these forums:)

Heads up, YRCW popped 30%+ after hours Friday and doing same pre market.  And what caused the pop?  Why of course union news, lol.  Was anticipated,  don't know if breakout will hold thru the day, but as stated above, when a price pattern becomes as tight and constricted as this one with good liquidity it only takes a half baked sick rabbit out of hat trick to get a pop.

sharppolly
Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 8:37:35 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

QUOTE (Apsll)

Figures the Fox network was "on the job"...

Unions are only as good/bad as those that lead them, like any other faction of business.

I am sure that the corporate management never drinks on their lunch or toot a little blow, I know how about steal corporate funds and then give each other hefty pay raises. Maybe they need a union also so as to protect their phony baloney jobs. No wonder they all need government bail-out, what are we Democrats doing here? Creating a corporate welfare state???

jimstacy
Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 4:23:43 PM
teachers unions are strong,  the youth of America are off to a great start?
pthegreat
Posted : Sunday, October 3, 2010 3:43:43 PM

tried to pull up YRCW on SF5, didn't work, only got YRCWD, which trades at around 5bucks. then went to the news tab, and SF crashed.  did YRCW go under?

realitycheck
Posted : Sunday, October 3, 2010 4:17:16 PM

OVERLAND PARK, Kan., Oct 01, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- YRC Worldwide Inc. (Nasdaq: YRCWD) announced today that its ticker symbol has temporarily changed from "YRCW" to "YRCWD" as a result of its reverse stock split. This is a standard NASDAQ practice. The symbol will revert back to YRCW on October 28, 2010. 

pthegreat
Posted : Sunday, October 3, 2010 4:29:52 PM

Yea I see the chart now,  hmm another change to short it down to sub $1.00 ?? I'm shying away from it, to much news driven.
jimstacy
Posted : Monday, October 4, 2010 3:04:36 AM
The web site explains that the company is owned by a holding company, that owns several company's. Like sears and others. they will be using some parts of the company for truck loads and others for ltl shipmenst here and into canada. the global process to compete in north america and china(the world) this probably is used to unload debt and unions.consoladated Frt, was turned into conway frt, no unions.the air line continetal(sp) was saved 20 yrs ago. happens a lot.the stock may be good after oct 28??? depends if they are taking the new company private or if it will be kept public?
jimstacy
Posted : Tuesday, October 5, 2010 3:45:12 AM
unions dumped on members, so company could keep the union for a while longer. who says unions are bad, when the going gets tough they backoff to save their pay check, the members.
jimstacy
Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 1:55:16 AM
passed by the old yellow terminal, its filled with the new company trucks and a couple of yellows old equipment. this company has older equipment than yellow used, money may be tight compared to the yellow company.didn't check to see if roadway terminal is open.