Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Question for "Free" training class attendees Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
derald42
Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2011 12:30:24 PM
I am a recent subscriber who, so far, is unimpressed by TC2007 (gold). This week, I received my reminder/admission card for the "free" training class for which I registered when subscribing. Frankly, it smells of bait-and-switch: Attendees willing to sit through a morning's hucksterism will have the opportunity to pay $49 for actual information. The prospect of driving 150 miles 'round trip to sit through a morning of listening to some peddler's "gee-whiz" is off-putting but the notion of spending $49 for a bag purported to contain a pig is repugnant. My question is whether anyone who attended one of the "free training classes" received what he thinks was $49 worth of actual useful information.
Thanks,
Derald
Golfman25
Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2011 1:19:40 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I have been a user for several years.  Been to free training a few times.  This is the first I see they are offering the afternoon session for $49.  They normally offer discounted data at their training as well (not sure if they do now). 

Their past training was pretty good.  It is basically a good overview of the software.  Goes into a lot of different areas.  They work thru many examples.  It is a live "How To."  Free is a good deal.  $49 bucks isn't bad either (they have to pay for the facility somehow).  What you WON"T get is a holly grail, magic stock picking system that will make you a multi-millionare in 3 weeks.  

So it really depends on what you are looking for.  Do you know your way arround the software?  Do you have the time to put into learning the ins and outs?  Do the online forums, videos, etc. help you?  Or are you a person who learns in more of a class room setting?  Are you looking for trading/investing concepts?  Or how to work with the software?    Good luck. 
Putt4Doughs
Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 9:24:38 PM

I use StockFinder exclusively, so I can't speak to your impressions of TC2007. I think StockFinder rocks, but that's just my opinion.

I've been to several of these training sessions over the last few years, and terms like "bait-and-switch", "hucksterism", "peddler's gee-whiz" and "repugnant" have never entered my mind. Not even close. Michael & Julia (and Tal) are first-class.

Granted, you can't please all the people all the time, and my drive is only around 30 miles as opposed to your 150, so I'm not going to try and convince you to come. Personally, last time they were in Chicago I booked a room at the hotel and stayed over Friday night so I could attend both Friday & Saturday without having to bother driving back & forth. (And I already have my room reservation for their upcoming March trip to Chicago.)

If you're hesitant to drive 150 miles, you can always attend the Tuesday night webinars and/or review the webinar archives. They're not a substitute for the live training sessions, but rather a supplement, but they'll give you a taste of what the software is about.

I can't tell a whole lot about you from your post, but it sounds like you've been burned before. As the previous poster mentioned, there is no Holy Grail promised, and they don't even pretend to have one. They even go out of their way to emphasize that they're not stock brokers and can't recommend stocks. They teach you how to use Worden's suite of tools; you still need to provide the chops to be able to pick stocks.

The $49 charge is new. For years both morning & afternoon sessions used to be free. It sounds like they might be trying something new with their rollout of the new TC2000 version 11 software, which is basically a combination of the best features of StockFinder, TeleChart 2007, and FreeStockCharts.com. I believe the afternoon session is free for Platinum folks, but since you mentioned you're currenlty a Gold subscriber, yes - it sounds lke you may have to pay $49 for the afternoon. Up to you.

Again, I'm not trying to twist anyone's arm - there are pleny of vendors providing software solutions for traders. You may have better luck with someone else. But all the Worden folks I've dealt with: Julia, Michael, Tal, Bruce (in the forums) and the support folks on the phone, are beyond reproach.
jimstacy
Posted : Monday, January 17, 2011 2:53:46 AM
I found the training just that training, no pressure to buy any thing.if the afternoon session is for platinum subscribers, they may not want it filled with gold subscribers leaving no seats for the platinum folks?the first one I attended, I wondered how they were going to sell any thing with no sales pitch. it was the product selling its self?
TC2000user
Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 10:29:52 PM
I attended a free class last year and found it very worthwhile.  Paying $49 for a few hours of hands-on workshop training sounds like a very good value that you are unlikely to get with other trading tools.
Nashville
Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 10:19:37 AM
Just attended seminar this last weekend in Nashville. You have no worries, these are not salespeople. These are true professionals who want to help you. No pressure, just teaching. If you want more, they will help you. 

I can say all this, having been a sales professional in the past : )