Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Not much action on the forums these days? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
traderm30
Posted : Monday, February 21, 2011 1:09:58 PM
Its been awhile since I posted here and I must say not much has changed. There doesn't appear to be an overflow of conversation here anymore. Any of the regulars still around like Apsll, TD, DJH, ect...?
pthegreat
Posted : Monday, February 21, 2011 3:03:27 PM

the number of  "views" by far outweigh the number of "replies" on the majority of the posts.
I'd like to see some more ideas, stockpicks, etc... as well. I have a learned a tremendous amount from these forums.
davidjohnhall
Posted : Monday, February 21, 2011 8:48:47 PM

Hey Traderm, still here and pop in every once in awhile.    I'm still trading low priced stocks and enjoying it.  Thanks tobydad! 
traderm30
Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:45:36 AM
QUOTE (davidjohnhall)
Hey Traderm, still here and pop in every once in awhile.    I'm still trading low priced stocks and enjoying it.  Thanks tobydad! 

Good to see DJH. Speaking of which whatever happened to TD?
diceman
Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 12:24:38 PM
QUOTE (traderm30)
QUOTE (davidjohnhall)

Good to see DJH. Speaking of which whatever happened to TD?

What happened to Apsll?
He couldnt stay away when he was banned. 

Thanks
diceman
fpetry
Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 7:38:07 PM

I still check in daily, just nothing has inspired me to post.  I've always posted here in streaks, a whole lot over few monts followed by long periods of silence.  I think Apsll quit posting months ago, hope he's still alive.  Maybe BigBlock will come back, lol.

johnlc
Posted : Saturday, February 26, 2011 12:39:53 AM
If not B.B. then maybe T.D.M. and Reality Check could enliven this forum with their own type of financial information.   Once posted,  that information could be accepted or  dispelled by everyone.   Personally, I would rather have information to sort thru, and  then determine how to utilize it, than not to have information.    
Facts are facts.
Opinions are opinions.    
Speculation is speculation. 
Ideas are ideas. 
Guesses are guesses.  
Even Warren Buffett has been wrong.   
If anyone here is some kind of superstar trading genius, then you  likely wouldn't be spending time on this forum, you'd be working on wall street trading billions of shares a day.  Anyone here doing that?  NOT.      
So what happened?  People who posted, whether factual information, or just their opinion, were chastised to the point of "to hell with this, I'm going elsewhere".     
Well, now what do you have?    A dying forum?       Possibly.   

jimstacy
Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 12:18:19 AM
I'm a reader more so than a poster, never took time to learn the chart posting. I like the slow down, gives me a break from going over all the new ideas. I read most of the new stuff. I don't see a dying forum as long as new interest keep joining.
thekubiaks
Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2011 7:07:29 AM
I'd be more concerned with how to play a US dollar collapse.   I think most have figured out that the whole game is about as dirty as you can imagine.   If it helps, I've been making good money in the precious metals for the last couple of years, wait for about 10 - 20% pullbacks and phase in.  Cheers.
thekubiaks
Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2011 10:34:53 AM
I should have mentioned in my previous post a disclaimer.  I watch the precious metals very closely.  Jim Cramer and the CNBS crew are starting to pimp Gold and Silver (Silver going to $500!!!) .  In the last two years, that has been the sign of a temporary consolidation/correction.  And, if Jim Cramer says "Back up the truck on Gold/Silver", run like hell....abandon ship. 
garrett.clrk
Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2011 10:26:41 AM
What stocks are you watching today?  Anyone have any ideas for a breakout or see any trends that might be worth following?
johnlc
Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 10:13:45 PM
Trends are:   CHF/JPY   UP
                        GBP/CHF   DOWN
                        USD/CHF   DOWN

USD/SGD   DOWN
                        USD/HKD   UP

Notice that CHF   is a nice stable , trending currency to trade.    Notice that the EUR is not included, too many countries (factors) to be considered.   Always consider 3 day charts when trading currencies.   So Simple.    You can check out forex on free stock charts  (dot com)    wordens free site.   good trading.

traderm30
Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 9:52:03 AM
QUOTE (johnlc)
Trends are:   CHF/JPY   UP
                        GBP/CHF   DOWN
                        USD/CHF   DOWN

USD/SGD   DOWN
                        USD/HKD   UP

Notice that CHF   is a nice stable , trending currency to trade.    Notice that the EUR is not included, too many countries (factors) to be considered.   Always consider 3 day charts when trading currencies.   So Simple.    You can check out forex on free stock charts  (dot com)    wordens free site.   good trading.

How is the futures trading doing for you John?
johnlc
Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 9:24:32 PM
Thanks for asking.    Pretty good so far.    For me trend trading forex is relatively safe.   Trying to quick trade forex, that's got to be for the pros.    Keep the risk at a good safe level.     

If anyone is interested,  of several books read,  Forex Patterns&Probabilities by Ed Ponsi   and   Beat The Forex Dealer by Agustin Silvani   were very educational and easy reading.