Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: thekubiaks
About
User Name: thekubiaks
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 368
[0.12% of all post / 0.05 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: What the heck happened at 2pm EST today?? Stocks down and up in 1 minute
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2014 6:09:04 AM

Its pretty much just computers trading any more.  Who knows when an algorithm goes bat$hit....

Topic: Previous data scan
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:10:37 PM

Thanks for the reply Bruce.  The 500 bar limit is pretty weak, especially if I am paying $360 per year for the service.

Topic: Previous data scan
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 6:59:27 AM

Bruce,

I read through all of the help files I could find but can't figure out how to do something simple as go back one year and look at the 3 minute or 5 minute data bars for a stock.  It seems that one to five minute data is only available about 3 days back.    How do you do this??  Thanks.

Topic: Harmonics
Posted: Sunday, February 3, 2013 4:13:33 PM

So now you got me curious.  What do you see happening with the SP-500?

Topic: AAPL
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:41:42 PM

QUOTE (sorencms)

AAPL is going down to 420-430 area.  By this I will be a strong buyer. 

Reason ?

It will complete the Cypher advanced pattern. Wait and see..

It does not matter if Iphone 5 sells or not.  It is technical analyzis and it works.

From  420-430 area it will go north again -  1st profit target should be  at 38.2 Fibo ( 535)   

Can you give us a little more background on your theory?  What is a cypher advanced pattern, where can I look at it?  Thanks.

Topic: Why such a problem fixing date sort???
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2013 1:26:25 PM

I cant believe something as simple as a date sort still doesn't work in version 12.3.  If I create a date sort of say 11/01/2007 thru 1/1/2013, it should work. I create a date sort. I have the portfolio view add a new column for the sort but no sort :(

My workaround is to go to V7, create a PCF, import it into V12 and then select it from "My Indicators"

Any plans to get this working??  Thanks.

Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:35:43 PM

QUOTE (thekubiaks)

Chinese dont like the iPhone, and now Walmart is supposedly going to sell the iPhone 5 at a big discount.

AAPL will make a small bounce and then into the 400's we go.

Thats two for two :)    So what is AAPL going to do??   Banks sold a big truckload of January $500 calls (expires third Friday of month).  Anyway, they need AAPL to stay less than $500 until expiration, expect doom and gloom from CNBS until then.  Then AAPL will start climbing back into the $500's. 

This time, I'm buying........

Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 9:26:27 AM

Chinese dont like the iPhone, and now Walmart is supposedly going to sell the iPhone 5 at a big discount.

AAPL will make a small bounce and then into the 400's we go.

Topic: Need help creating a few PCFs for a breakout EasyScan
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012 10:21:55 AM

Bruce,  Are you saying that the Detrended price Oscillator is just a moving average with an 11 day lookback??  Thanks

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

A Condition Formula for TC2000's 20-Period Detrended Price Oscillator (DPO) being above zero could be written as:

C > AVGC20.11

Topic: An unbelievably simple plan or ?
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012 10:06:59 AM

Thanks Steve.  I decided to get in on this idea and am playing the SQQQ.  I'll keep a close eye on the DPO and CCI indicators.  I think I'll program Tradestation to handle the "babysitting" and exit as soon as DPO or CCI 8ema hit the zero line.  I have to figure out the formula for DPO. Making $$$  :)  Beers on me!