Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: garrett.clrk
About
User Name: garrett.clrk
Groups: Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 8
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: If you could pick one stock right now
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 3:40:36 PM

For aggressive short-term growth what would you pick?

Topic: Need help with formula
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 3:39:40 PM
Thank you.  I really appreciate it.  Do you know of any other scans or formulas that are trying to achieve the same goal (i.e. look at volume as a driver of pps) and are worth looking at?
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:24:32 PM
Yes I am using the most recent version of TC2000.  Should I set up an easyscan to do this and incorporate the PCF?  What's the best way to do it now that you know what I'm working with?

Also if I wanted to look at Volume spikes do you think looking at one individual volume bar vs. the previous 90 or so is the best way to find volume surges?  I guess it would be the best way to look for the beginning of a volume surge.  But do I really only need to enter the PCF and then sort whatever list I want to use by that PCF?
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:19:36 PM
Sorry I wrote that message before seeing your response. 
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:18:57 PM
Does what I am trying to do make sense to you?  I created the PCF but it's not really showing me what I want it to.  Do I want to insert the PCF into an easyscan in order for it to work properly?  Essentially the idea is that I want to look at volume spikes as a lead indicator for price changes.  Is this the best way to do that?  Is there an easyscan or PCF that would allow me to scan for stocks that are surging in volume (relative to normal volume for that stock)?

Also, maybe I'm doing something wrong.  All I did was create the PCF and sort all U.S. common stocks by the PCF.  Is there a better way to accomplish the same goal?  Or am I just not doing this right?  Or do I need to wait for the next version of TC for it be able to really work?

I really, really appreciate your help!
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:08:17 PM
Thank you!  So the way to do this is to create a new PCF, enter the formula, and then sort by the formula.  The default time is daily...is that what I should be using?
Posted: Wednesday, March 9, 2011 5:25:50 PM
Is it possible to create a scan that looks at volume throughout the course of a day (i.e. looking for large volume spike as lead indicator of stock about to move)?  If that is possible, is it possible to create a formula that would scan for stocks with an exploding volume bar or cluster of volume bars over a very short period of time (like 1-10 minutes max).

Essentially I want to figure out a formula that will use volume as a lead indicator of price change.  But not net volume or volume buzz because those take into account the volume levels for too long a period of time.  I'm interested in a formula or scan that will pick up when a single volume bar is abnormally high.  Is it possible?  Is it possible to do so and make volume relative so that you can see smaller cap stocks with volume spikes?  

Thanks in advance and sorry if that sounds confusing.
Topic: Not much action on the forums these days?
Posted: Wednesday, March 2, 2011 10:26:41 AM
What stocks are you watching today?  Anyone have any ideas for a breakout or see any trends that might be worth following?