Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: pthegreat
About
User Name: pthegreat
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,356
[0.46% of all post / 0.23 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Harmonics
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2015 8:34:12 AM

QUOTE (systemtrader)

Also, please let us know how the alternative charting app works for you. I've been searching for an alternative as well and would like to hear about what you've found.

Many thanks for sharing your knowledge with us!

-systemtrader

I don't think it's appropriate or allowed to post 3rd party software here. But you should be able to look me up on twitter. I post a lot of charts and comments on twitter. so if you're interested in harmonics and the way I'm using it, then we can continue discussions there.

I only trade weekly options. I have developed an app that looks for unusual options activity on high liquid, high beta stocks. No option support on Worden's platforms was another reason for me to use their products less.

Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2015 6:55:05 AM

Probably my last post here on Worden forum. It has been a huge dissapointment to me that Worden stopped development on stockfinder, therefore I have been searching for an alternative, and think I have found it. Going to spend my time, switching over and re-program my indicators.

I have been trading for a good six years, and have met quite a few fellow traders here, from which I have learned a lot. I want to thank everyone for their contributions and inspiration. and thanks to Worden support, specially Bruce; fantastic help, and his knowledge and support has made all the difference for me.

Have a great one!

Topic: Bullish Gartley SSYS
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 8:46:56 AM

SSYS reached your target. nice find, Not something I trade, but let's see if it can reverse here.

Thanks for the link. looks good, but SDK java only?! Took me forever to get what I wanted with VB.

That's the problem with switching to another platform: learning curve!

All the best,

P.

Posted: Friday, January 2, 2015 11:16:05 AM

http://www.ted.com/talks/benoit_mandelbrot_fractals_the_art_of_roughness

Posted: Friday, January 2, 2015 11:14:50 AM

Posted: Friday, January 2, 2015 9:24:37 AM

So here at the end of the year, update on monthly charts:

SPY hit the 161.8%XA on a spike that lasted just a couple of seconds.

S&P500:

DJ30:

Russel:

Hit the 161.8 spot on.

I don't invest, I trade. therefore I only look at longterm charts for general direction.

My experience from seeing these patterns on smaller timeframes is that more times than not, the 161.8XA is at least a stiff resistance and many times results in a pullback. 

So in the next couple of months I expect (doesn't mean it will happen) at least some sideways movement and maybe a pullback. I'll keep watching these charts if on a monthly closing bases they can close above the 161.8 or not.

happy New year to everyone!

Topic: Why the F do I pay for Professional data?
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2014 6:32:34 AM

QUOTE (Anek)

I bet to differ, not all platforms.

sorry, but you lost that bet. 

It did happen:

quote directly from nasdaq:

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/spy/historical

Topic: Why the F do I pay for Professional data?
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2014 5:09:30 PM

If you are referring to the erroneous spike to 212.97 at 3:59 on SPY, I can tell you that this happened cross-platforms. Must have been an algo going haywire in a millisecond.

Posted: Friday, November 7, 2014 11:20:05 AM

by the way.

Notice how that 150%XA has been at the middle of the range this week:

Posted: Thursday, November 6, 2014 2:51:35 PM

Just noticed, haven't posted this chart since July '13.

here we go, countdown is on.   :-)

little less then 10points to go....

see you in December.