Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Telechart2011 / SF5.1 training Ft.Lauderdale. Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
pthegreat
Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 6:50:56 PM

Training on Dec3 or 4. 
Think I'll go on Friday. anyone else going?

Art Lindsley
Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 7:28:54 PM
I'd love to Peter but it's a long swim from Arkansas.

What made my heart leap in the 2nd paragraph was the momentary mention of TELECHART 2011. Could they really be updating our favorite stock charting program?
pthegreat
Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 11:52:07 PM

I received an email with this video embedded:
http://videos.worden.com/classes/FortLauderdaleInvite1210/FortLauderdaleInvite1210.html
Art Lindsley
Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 11:59:46 PM
Looks like they are bring TC together with FSCharts. Wonder how much extra we will have to pay for this one hehe.

thanks P
diceman
Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2010 2:47:25 AM
QUOTE (pthegreat)

Uh oh, lets hope everything is compatible, Id hate to have to redo everything.

Thanks
diceman

fpetry
Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2010 8:26:47 AM

Don't like what I see at first glance.  I want Telechart to look like Telechart, with under the hood improvements and refinements, maybe a few visual tweaks.  I don't want it too look like freestockcharts.  I've spent too many years getting to know Telechart and when I turn it on I want the charts to look like they've always looked; my eye is trained for that certain look as I flip through many charts daily with the space bar.  I've played around with freestockcharts and watched videos of stock finder.  Those programs are fine, but personally I don't care for a bunch of pretty colors and a zillion more indicators and bells and whistles and clutter.  Now if this new version will offer the option to keep the look in classic mode, great.  Please tell me the new TC will NOT be cloud based (web based) like SF and the free version.  Those program may be super for some but they can't touch the speed of Telechart since it's on the hard drive.

pthegreat
Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2010 8:44:50 AM

You might be able to stay with TC07. TC is not like SF which automatically upgrades to a new verson whether you like it or not.

A little more information regarding the new versions would be nice. In any case I'm going Friday, so I'll post something here after I come back.

by the way, SF is not cloud based. the software runs locally. freestockcharts is web based.

Art Lindsley
Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2010 8:48:44 AM
Hope it will run our PCF & EasyScans. And I agree fpetry. The speed of TC is awesome.
fpetry
Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2010 9:21:48 AM
QUOTE (pthegreat)

You might be able to stay with TC07. TC is not like SF which automatically upgrades to a new verson whether you like it or not.

A little more information regarding the new versions would be nice. In any case I'm going Friday, so I'll post something here after I come back.

by the way, SF is not cloud based. the software runs locally. freestockcharts is web based.

Thanks for the info Peter, that's very good to know about SF vs. freesstockcharts, web vs. local.   But when I watch videos/webinars where the user is flipping over to another chart, the chart seems to lag a good bit before loading, unlike TC in which chart pops on screen immediately.  My hunch is that 2007 will be phased out and not supported.  Hopefully 2011 will have options to give it the look and feel of 07 version.

We are all looking forward to your comments here on your impressions of the new version.  Please post lots of good stuff for us:)  Thanks.
bjesse
Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2010 9:51:28 AM
QUOTE (pthegreat)

The video says we'll still have EasyScans, custom sorts, and PCFs.  The screen shots make it look like we'll be able to pretty much emulate 2007.

I sure hope they keep BOP - if you can ask Friday I sure would appreciate it.  Thanks!
pthegreat
Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2010 10:03:47 AM

will do.
any other concerns/questions let me know. I'll make a check list  :)
diceman
Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2010 10:36:07 AM
QUOTE (pthegreat)
 I'll make a check list 

Better bring a video camera.

Thanks
diceman
bjesse
Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2010 12:03:29 PM
QUOTE (pthegreat)
will do.

I asked Tech Support today - they say they have been advised that BOP will be included.  Of course, seeing is believing so thanks for keeping a list!
Booker
Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2010 12:15:53 PM
Pthegreat, I look forward to your report of the new versions as I am sure many others are also. Could you ask if it is posible to become a beta tester as was done with TC2007?  Thanks for this thread.
fpetry
Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 8:18:44 AM
QUOTE (pthegreat)
will do.

Ask them if all the TC2007 settings, watchlists, PCFs, easyscans will easily export to 2011.  I feel sure they will and there was no problem with that when going from 04 to 07, but you can imagine the riot that would ensue if not the case this time.

Ask them if 2011 will be just as fast  as 2007...I want my charts to pop up instantly when flipping charts by tapping space bar.  Thanks.
pthegreat
Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 6:36:15 PM

just got back. main differences:
TC:

The new TC is an enhanced version of freestockcharts, but with all the current features of TC, and then some.
choice of either running it as a web-based application. (you can access aeverything through your web-browser, good for MAC-users) or run it as a desktop application, however all the scans,sorts are done on centralized Worden servers. speed is awesome. drawback I guess is that an active internet connection is required. but no big deal IMO.

great increase in data feeds:
Forex,
Canadian,
Mutual funds.

huge selection of indicators.
You can add more then the three panes (top,middle,bottom)
no change in PCF's, easyscans, all settings are the same, however, and here's the great improvement in my opinion:
It's streaming:  as soon as you add a condition to an easyscan, immediately your watchlist gets sorted. very fast. most of the time your watchlist is done sorting before you can click the "ok" button. And you can mix timeframes!
alows to keep, or turn off the old TC settings such as hotkeys.

One new feature that was demonstated and which I love is "volume buzz" ; adds a column on your watclist with the percentile change in volume compared to day earlier at same time.

You can test a beta version at:
www.tc2000.com
password : fins1
you have the choice of either testing the online version or install the desktop version.

SF 5.1

remains a desktop only application.
new features:
quickscan, scan directly from conditions on the chart., and possible to add conditions to a scan on the fly.
use different time frames in scans.
overall speed improvement.

more cross-platform integration. watchlists scan/sorts in SF can now be shared in TC.
and backscanner overhaul still a promise.

betatest SF5.1 at : www.worden.com/sfbeta
same password.

I'm gonna give them a spin this weekend. although they are supposed to be able to run in conjunction with the current versions of TC and SF, it hasn't been fully tested. so my advice: either run the new versions on a different PC, or make sure you have a good backup. 

don't shoot me, if any of the above isn't correct, or incomplete.
have fun, I'm very impressed with the new TC, and it doesn't seem like a major learning curve.

bcraig73450
Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 10:37:52 PM
Tkanks. pthegreat..

Two questions.

When will the new TC be avaiable?

What will it cost?
pthegreat
Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 11:53:07 PM

The Beta is available now. see the link. I believe they'll officially release it beginning '11, and pricing is the same, I believe. but don't hold me to it. better call worden.
jas0501
Posted : Saturday, December 4, 2010 10:02:54 AM
QUOTE (pthegreat)

SF 5.1

Sad, but not unexpected. The annual return per trade bug is coming up on its 2 year anniversary...

Backscanner is still the ignored stepchild.

bjesse
Posted : Saturday, December 4, 2010 12:07:40 PM
Thanks Peter.
Big_Sky_Walker
Posted : Saturday, December 4, 2010 12:36:08 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Downloaded TC2000 v11.........LOTS more BETA needed.  Imported settings from TC2007....some functions not working, some locking up, some ignored......more like a work-in-progress.   Not all screen notes displayed, personal notes not tagged to active symbol, etc. etc. etc.  Looks promising though if they keep working on it.
jsatt11
Posted : Saturday, December 4, 2010 1:41:27 PM
I'm not trying to defend Worden regarding the problems, but I think this is the first day of the Beta. Beta's of all software are going to have problems, particularly on the first day.
daledalmada
Posted : Saturday, December 4, 2010 1:52:16 PM
Will TC 2011 allow you to scan for stocks that are only in the top 20 industries?
alindsley
Posted : Sunday, December 5, 2010 12:20:26 AM

You guys are fortunate. 2000 says it installs, then a very lengthy "Connecting to TC2000" screen appears, and finally says in essence "For some reason we are unable to send streaming real time charts to your computer".
fpetry
Posted : Sunday, December 5, 2010 9:27:14 AM
QUOTE (pthegreat)
however all the scans,sorts are done on centralized Worden servers. speed is awesome. drawback I guess is that an active internet connection is required. but no big deal IMO.

Much thanks for the great report.  Very good to know that the volume buzz feature will be added, but I'm concerned about the quote above.  It almost sounds like you're saying that if I'm in an area with no net access with my laptop and I open TC to study my most recent scans and sorts that I won't get that data.  In otherwords, say on Friday after the close I run my usual end of day TC scan on my notebook that updates all my PCFs, criteria, etc., then on Sunday while at my lake cabin retreat  that has not net access with same notebook I open TC and am unable to read the most recent data I downloaded.  In the past Worden has promoted one of TC's main strengths as being able access all the most recently downloaded data without having to be connected because the entire program and most recent data is on users hard drive.
pthegreat
Posted : Sunday, December 5, 2010 9:36:34 AM

good point fpetry. not sure, but should be easy to test. disconnect from internet and see how it behaves.
Big_Sky_Walker
Posted : Sunday, December 5, 2010 12:01:40 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

CAUTION........DO NOT....DON'T......COMPLETELY AVOID downloading the Beta version of TC2000 v11 to your computer.  Have had no problems for the past 5 yrs until I downloaded the Beta version yesterday.  I converted (exported) the Personal Watchlists, Settings files etc. as requested and the program is not running correctly.  Additionally, it affects FreeStockCharts.com so it can't be used effectively either.

Specifically:

1.  A Personal Watchlist containing 19 items was "converted" and now contains 571 items.

2.  Prior converted Trendlines and "ABC" text are not shown in v11 or FSC charts

3.  Stock symbols are not displayed in the converted Watch Lists although "Space Bar" tabbing through the list will display the charts

4.  Charts iniitally take 1-2 minutes or more to load.

5.  I checked the 'Error Message" file and there are "Thousands...."

Am sure there are other issues. Fortunately I did back up TC2007 on a portable Hard Drive, and the orginal program seems to be working fine.

Proceed at your own risk............

startec
Posted : Sunday, December 5, 2010 6:24:19 PM
I am currently running v11 on a cpu with the EUR/USD in multi time frames with with different time frames on 2 monitors..  I do not see a big disaster,,, but I do see a few problems,Top of the list for me would be  MACD with histogram overlay needs work.
What I see is a short list of TC features added to the FreeStockCharts base.

Mike

jsatt11
Posted : Monday, December 6, 2010 9:44:00 PM
QUOTE (pthegreat)

just got back. main differences:
TC:

The new TC is an enhanced version of freestockcharts, but with all the current features of TC, and then some.
choice of either running it as a web-based application. (you can access aeverything through your web-browser, good for MAC-users) or run it as a desktop application, however all the scans,sorts are done on centralized Worden servers. speed is awesome. drawback I guess is that an active internet connection is required. but no big deal IMO.

great increase in data feeds:
Forex,
Canadian,
Mutual funds.

huge selection of indicators.
You can add more then the three panes (top,middle,bottom)
no change in PCF's, easyscans, all settings are the same, however, and here's the great improvement in my opinion:
It's streaming:  as soon as you add a condition to an easyscan, immediately your watchlist gets sorted. very fast. most of the time your watchlist is done sorting before you can click the "ok" button. And you can mix timeframes!
alows to keep, or turn off the old TC settings such as hotkeys.

One new feature that was demonstated and which I love is "volume buzz" ; adds a column on your watclist with the percentile change in volume compared to day earlier at same time.

You can test a beta version at:
www.tc2000.com
password : fins1
you have the choice of either testing the online version or install the desktop version.

SF 5.1

remains a desktop only application.
new features:
quickscan, scan directly from conditions on the chart., and possible to add conditions to a scan on the fly.
use different time frames in scans.
overall speed improvement.

more cross-platform integration. watchlists scan/sorts in SF can now be shared in TC.

betatest SF5.1 at : www.worden.com/sfbeta
same password.

I'm gonna give them a spin this weekend. although they are supposed to be able to run in conjunction with the current versions of TC and SF, it hasn't been fully tested. so my advice: either run the new versions on a different PC, or make sure you have a good backup. 

don't shoot me, if any of the above isn't correct, or incomplete.
have fun, I'm very impressed with the new TC, and it doesn't seem like a major learning curve.

jsatt11
Posted : Monday, December 6, 2010 9:46:06 PM
Peter,The trainers usually put out an Email the following week to participants summarizing the training class.Would appreciate if you could post a link to that for us.Thanks...
runningdawgcaptlst1
Posted : Wednesday, December 8, 2010 11:26:58 AM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

does TC 2011 have  Chat?  I did not see a chat pane in the video.  FSC and SF do not have chat.    

Beware of Worden betas and new releases - they just do not have a handle on QA and backward compatibility is at best an afterthought - that will leave a scar - I got some as an SF user.

Thanks for posting this information!!
wiener30
Posted : Friday, December 10, 2010 5:04:45 PM
It seems there is no data export, at least in a web version.What about SDK? I suspect there will be some challenges in changing the old habits 2011.
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, December 13, 2010 10:01:06 AM

Worden Trainer

All questions, comments and suggestions related to the TC2000.com version 11 beta should be addressed to:

feedback@tc2000.com

All questions, comments and suggestions related to the StockFinder 5.1 beta should be addressed to:

feedback@stockfinder.com

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
billion
Posted : Saturday, December 18, 2010 11:52:31 PM
"watchlists scan/sorts in SF can now be shared in TC"  - This is what I have been waiting for years and eventually I dropped TeleChart. :)

I like SF/EOD for its programmability but I wanted to use TC for its speed of scanning thru charts that I collected from SF and also TC/EOD has 20 mins delayed chart while SF/EOD is really EOD.

I am not sure I would go back to TC due to this upgrade now (I have given up all my PCFs, settings) but I am glad to see Worden is finally willing to address this integration issue. :)
charc
Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 6:58:37 PM
1) How do I add extra panes on TC2000, V11? It only shows 2.
2) The % spacing between price grid lines is not shown. On TC2007 I use it as a comparative volatility gauge for stock selection ( zoom 5)  . Is there a way to display it. If not, what is a good PCF to show volatility? 
diceman
Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 7:10:11 PM
QUOTE (charc)
1) How do I add extra panes on TC2000, V11? It only shows 2.

When you add indicators it adds extra panes.
Also check the layouts to the right of the word "Draw".

I think the final version will have grid %. (at least I hope so)
(this isnt final yet)

Thanks
diceman
fpetry
Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2011 10:01:13 AM
QUOTE (diceman)
I think the final version will have grid %. (at least I hope so)
(this isnt final yet)

Thanks
diceman

Thankfully  per the latest webinar grid % is coming, I couldn' t live without it.  One thing I'm noticing that I don't like and hope is fixed along with grid % is that the top and bottom grid lines do not  equal the exact low and high of the chart.
Michael_T
Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:46:12 PM

Worden Trainer

fpetry,

If you click on Settings and go to More Scaling, you can remove the buffer at the top and bottom so that the gridlines do demark the high/low of the chart.
fpetry
Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 5:44:22 PM
QUOTE (Michael_T)
fpetry,

If you click on Settings and go to More Scaling, you can remove the buffer at the top and bottom so that the gridlines do demark the high/low of the chart.

Much thanks for the tip Michael.  Turns out that with current Telechart 2007 I happen to have specific settings that do show price and top/bottom grid lines equaling each other.  It's at zoom 3 (and other zooms) but only when I use the minus key one stroke (-) to show some margin space at top and bottom.  When I continue clicking minus key the price/grid line matches at top/bottom don't match always.  I don't like price to hug the top and bottom of chart window.  But your tip is useful and glad I know now:)