Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Booker
About
User Name: Booker
Groups: Beta Testers, Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 426
[0.14% of all post / 0.06 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: TTM Squeeze and Wave
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 8:10:09 PM

Bruce, Could you please TCMail to me a copy of the latest TTM squeeze indicator? Thanks!

Topic: FYI:Backtesting overfitting article
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 8:10:48 AM

Interesting read but this has been covered before. I prefer papers from Dr. Howard B. Bandy.

Topic: Getting TC2000 v7 data into AmiBroker?
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2014 7:59:10 PM
You are welcome Put4Dough, If you need any help with the Amibroker code, just PM me. 

My backtesting of ConnersRSI shows better results if the buy comes at the end of day vs the open of the next day. That is difficult to do using EOD data on the same day. It can be approximated by updating TC2000 V7 before the close of day and then running a scan. The update takes a few minutes to run and uses data from 20 minutes ago I believe. The Amibroker scan only takes a few seconds. I did this for a while but soon got tired of the hassle.

Life would be so much better if Worden would only get off their duff and do as was promised and include the indicator with V12. That way a scan could be run very close to the EOD and should compare very well to the backtest.

Good luck with your project.
Topic: Getting TC2000 v7 data into AmiBroker?
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2014 4:03:48 PM

Amibroker will use the data from TC2000 V7 and from there you can scan for the ConnerRSI. You can also backtest your ConnerRSI ideas from within Amibroker. You will find that trading the ConnerRSI to be very profitable just like Conners says it is. It would certainly be a lot easier to do if Worden would add the indicator to TC2000.

Topic: Volatile stocks
Posted: Thursday, April 4, 2013 10:57:23 AM

That was quick. Thanks Bruce. As always your skill and your opinions are highly valued.

Topic: Volatile stocks
Posted: Thursday, April 4, 2013 10:19:28 AM

Thanks for sharing Fpetry. Harry Boxer and Tina Logan are two of my favorite teachers. I still use V7 for some things but have migrated my scans over to V12. It makes a great filter so maybe we could ask Bruce to chime in with a version for V12

Topic: TC2000 is USELESS for Forex
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2013 11:43:41 PM

A 4 hour eur/usd chart looks fine here. You must have other issues.

Topic: Support cycle / shelf life of SF5
Posted: Sunday, December 9, 2012 8:19:38 AM

QUOTE (bernystock)

For me TC2000 needs at least two additional features that are built in Stockfinder:

- the capacity to handle at least 5000 candles (instead of 500)

TC2000 already has this... it's called V7

The problem with Stockfinder: it seems like you are working in quicksand

Topic: Fit more days into a chart
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 9:11:55 PM

QUOTE (Putt4Dough)

QUOTE (Booker)
Hey Guys, quit picking on the 500 bar limit...

I've had a little too much caffeine today, but I reread this thread and I'm not sure who's "picking" on TC2000.

I don't think krishmanoh was aware of it, unless I totally misunderstood his question. I simply mentioned it, and Bruce confirmed it.

I love TC2000, and 500 bars is plenty for me. I trade shorter timeframes myself. All I want for Christmas is TC2000 with either RealCode or an enhanced PCF language, but I don't think Santa will be leaving that under my tree this year :)

Just kidding Putt4Dough, but I do like your suggestion about RealCode or enhanced PCF

Topic: Fit more days into a chart
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 2:51:51 PM

Hey Guys, quit picking on the 500 bar limit. If you want more then use ver. 7.

The 500 bar limit is a small penalty to pay in order to have the ability to sort and scan over 7000 plus stocks in rt, And it can be done in a split second or two. This is a day trader's dream. I know that not everyone is a day trader and I used to be a swing trader only but times are changing and I find it harder to make money on swing trades than it used to be.

Worden Bros are doing a wonderful job of supplying TC for us to use so don't try to change ver. 12 into something else. I like it just the way it is.