New version 17 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: daledalmada
About
User Name: daledalmada
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 172
[0.06% of all post / 0.06 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Question
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 2:10:23 PM

Thank you Bruce!

Topic: Question
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 10:47:37 AM

What is the difference between Dividend Yield (Trailing) and Dividend Cash Amount?

If I add the following individually to an an easy scan, the results are quite different:

Dividend Yield (Trailing) > 0

Dividen Cash Amount > 0

Also, is there a PCF for:

PE Ratio (Trailing) > 0

Latest Float < 25 million

Dividend Yield (Trailing) > 0

Dividen Cash Amount > 0

Thank you!

Topic: PCF Help Please
Posted: Tuesday, May 09, 2017 7:43:52 PM

Thank you Bruce!

Posted: Tuesday, May 09, 2017 1:52:03 PM

I need a PCF for:

Lowest low of the last 4 days including today 

Thank you!

Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 10:47:19 AM

Thank you Administration and Bruce!  Very much appreciated!

Topic: Bollinger Band Squeeze
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 12:18:46 AM

Thanks so much Bruce!

Topic: Bollinger Bandwidth PCF or Scan Condition
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 12:18:14 AM

Thank you very much Bruce!

Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 11:56:23 PM

Thank you very much Bruce!  I have two questions:

1. What did you mean when you said I would need to check for each of these bars manually in TC 2000 v12.5...which is what I use? 

2. Why do the moving averages values in Telechart differ from Stockcharts.com?  For example, I ran one of the pcfs above on us common stocks and one of the stocks that came up was VTR.  In Telechart, VTR shows the 200 SMA at 66.62 and Stockcharts.com shows it as 64.69 (both as of today&#39;s close).  So using Stockcharts.com, it would have got me in on 4/10 (when it closed above the 200 SMA according to Stockcharts) instead of today when it closed above the 200 SMA according to Telechart).   There are several other stocks that came up in the scan as well with the exact same issue...different values for the 50 SMA and 200 SMA for Telechart vs Stockcharts.com  Any idea why the discrepency?  How do you know which one is more accurate?  I&#39;d like to enter the stock as soon as it closes above the moving average so accuracy is critical.  

Thank you for your insight!

Topic: Bollinger Band Squeeze
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 11:40:20 AM

Thank you Bruce.  So if I set it to 10 bars, it would show me stocks with bollinger bands that are decreasing in width with each subsequent day for a 10 day period?   But it doesn&#39;t specify how close the bollinger bands are from the center line ie 4%, it just says that they are decreasing with each day for the amount of days (bars) I specify?

Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 11:34:02 AM

Thank you Bruce!  So glad you&#39;re back!  Can you help me with a modifiction I made to this (highlighted in bold)

stock closed above the 50 day moving average today and the last 10 days or more prior to today the stock closed below the 50 day moving average and the 50 day moving average today is above the 200 day moving average OR stock closed above the 200 day moving average today and the last 10 days or more prior to today the stock closed below the 200 day moving average and the 200 day moving average today is above the 50 day moving average

stock closed above the 50 day moving average today and the last 15 days or more prior to today the stock closed below the 50 day moving average and the 50 day moving average today is above the 200 day moving average OR stock closed above the 200 day moving average today and the last 15 days or more prior to today the stock closed below the 200 day moving average and the 200 day moving average today is above the 50 day moving average

stock closed above the 50 day moving average today and the last 20 days or more prior to today the stock closed below the 50 day moving average and the 50 day moving average today is above the 200 day moving average OR stock closed above the 200 day moving average today and the last 20 days or more prior to today the stock closed below the 200 day moving average and the 200 day moving average today is above the 50 day moving average