Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Art Lindsley
About
User Name: Art Lindsley
Groups: Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 84
[0.03% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: PCF for Trend Intensity Index (TII) ?
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 1:04:05 PM
In telechart this short trend formula  100 * AVGC7 / AVGC65 presents a numerical value. Can you convert this to SF5 code please. I'd like to add it as a colume along with my watchlist.

TIA
art
Topic: Catching up with Demark
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 12:26:56 PM
Peter, from your chart above it looks like you have been improving your TD-sequential layout. Sometime, at your convenience, would you mind sharing a chart please?

Thanks
art
Topic: $bpnya and $nasi
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 3:40:17 PM
Nasdaq Summation Index http://shrunklink.com/giri  basically measures the gap between advancers and decliners in the Nasdaq. It is a market timing indicator to show you whether the market is near a historical overbought or oversold extreme. I'll just keep following them on SharpCharts then. Thank you for your time Bruce.
Topic: $bpnya and $nasi
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 1:19:07 PM
Does Telechart have equivilent symbols for $BPNYA and $NASI ?

I cannot seem to locate them

tia
art
Topic: Finding Continuation Triangles And Wedges With Telechart
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2010 12:44:57 PM
Now what I would like help on is how to set up ( in TC2000) your Linear Regression lines as you described David

Set up 4 pcfs:
1.  C>c44
2.  h<h10
3.  L>l10
4.  V<v10
Topic: Finding Continuation Triangles And Wedges With Telechart
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2010 12:23:19 PM
QUOTE (davidjohnhall)

Hey alindsley,

I've tried doing that but I never quite get the results I'm looking for.  i prefer to do the linear regression scans because it puts me more in touch with the market.  But nonethless, here's what I have worked on...

Set up 4 pcfs:

1.  C>c44
2.  h<h10
3.  L>l10
4.  V<v10

Then start a new easy scan.  Select russell1000 as your watchlist.  Then add each pcf in the order shown and keyboard through.

And let me know if it works.  LOL  As I said, I have never quite gotten the results I wanted doing it that way.

David John Hall

David I attempted a conversion for the new TC2000. Seems to work pretty well. See anyway to improve upon your old scan sir?  

Dragon -TC2000

{Dragon} C>c44ANDh<h10ANDL>l10ANDV<v10
Topic: sideways base
Posted: Thursday, December 9, 2010 3:02:42 PM
Bruce PCLN comes to mind (see weekly chart) which has been in an uptrend from June and last 4-5 weeks consolidating.
Posted: Thursday, December 9, 2010 2:46:11 PM
From another link which you provided awhile back I input this

Trend/Consolidate 3-month
100*(MAXH63-MINL63)/(AVGH63-AVGL63)

Which comes close to my 5 month goal. How could this be modified for 5 months? Also I would like to find stocks (which show true) which had been in an uptrend of 2months or more and have then entered into the above (& modified to 5mo) consolidation period.
Posted: Thursday, December 9, 2010 2:27:05 PM
Bruce how could we make a PCF for a 5-6 week (Weekly Flat Base) whereas the bottom of the base is flat (the top of that base is not so much of an issue as is the bottom should be quite flat. I'd like to use TC 2000 if possible. But I suspect you might say you are not allowed to provide support for a beta version. If so then in SF5 (or even TC2007 & I might be able to take the spaces out for a conversion to TC2000).

Thanks for your help & advice
art
Topic: Stockfinder Trading strategies, Scans, indicators, etc..
Posted: Wednesday, December 8, 2010 1:02:32 AM
Plz give us a link when you do will  ya? Good luck Peter. I'm getting excited. My take on SP-500 FWIW