Converting from 32-bit to 64-bit is not just a matter of a recompile. The are numerous MS com controls that have not yet and will not be converted to 64-bit. This requires installing the 32-bit version of MS Office if any of these controls are used.
I expect the 64-bit conversion of Stockfinder may require simliar effort for its controls.
Here was my wish list back in N0V 2010 from
As to "we'll soon be working on StockFinder 5.1, which will tackle all documented BackScanner issues". Can this list be published so that users may comment on omissions?
I know it is not policy to reveal features, except by release, however it would be good to know what the general game plan is for the backscanner. Is there any intention of supporting any of the following?:
1. A way of saving the results that permits reconstruction or at least realization of what the backscan rules were at the time it was run.
2. Improved run to run results tracking
a. Tabbed scan results, so that one can appreciate result improvements
b. The ability to provide description with the scan results. Typically consecutive scans are run tweaking settings. There is no easy way to review multiples runs and appreciate what caused the improvements
3. Money management with support for
a. Tie breaker, for picking which trades to execute when multiple opportunities are presented
c. Minimum/maximum setups per bar
d. Minimum/Maximum trades per bar
e. Maximum open trades
f. Multiple Trade sizing models
4. A standard template and support for user specified result templates. This would permit users to compute their own metrics as in Sharpe, Kelly, RAR, etc. etc
a. For scan results
b. For MM results
c. For optimization run summaries
5. Intermediate results display of backscan results, to permit early termination if the results don’t look promising. This is particularly helpful when running long scans.
6. Equity curve display during backscan
7. Interruption of backscan with partial results retained
8. Entry and exit @Price
9. Realcode access to Trade information
10. Saving backscan trade sets permitting running vai realcode post scan
a. Money management studies
b. Entry studies
c. Exit studies
d. Correlation studies
11. For saved backscan trade sets, permitting additional indicator values to be associated with each trade. For example @ trade entry what various ATR values were.
12. bars in Trade variable in realcode
13. realcode Loop support for both backscan and Money Management runs to permit optimization
14. For optimization
a. Multiple formats for stating variable values
i. A set, as in [5,7,13,23,42]
ii. A stepped range, x to y stepped by z, as in (5 to 30 by 5)
b. Realcode access to variable assignments.
15. Standard IO for reading and writing results. This would permit post processing of run results and adjustments of parameters for scans or MM runs.
16. Realcode support for multiple positions with scaling into and out of positions