Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Honorbound: Gentlemen, what say you? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
tobydad
Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2010 1:51:34 AM

Honor: high respect, as that shown for special merit, esteem

All; 
I offer a proposition. I am submitting the need for a new organization on this forum, even a new breed, if you will. This new community of contributors will post here by the following tenets:
1. As consideration for membership and without exception, I will forgive any and every offense from the past, no matter how egregious, consider "the slate" clean, and start fresh with each and every member of the forum irrespective of any member's behavior toward me.
2. I will assume the best about my fellow Honorbound members. No matter the apparent inference in a post, I will assume the best and ask for clarification if necessary.
3. I will not take up and pass along a reproach or negative comment about my fellow Honorbound member.
4. I am free to have any opinion that I choose and may express it freely but will never insult another for the free expression of their opinion, be they an Honorbound member or not. 
5. My posts will always and only be for the express purpose of bringing value to others.
6. I will not, under any circumstance, respond, in any way, to negative and insulting posts. 
7. I will be honest with members of the forum in general and, especially, with members of the Honorbound community specifically. 
8. I will be patient and endure difficulty when "under fire" from another member of the forum. 
9. I will not forget to breathe. In other words, I will stop and think about the ramifications of any comments I may be considering prior to posting. 
10. I will endeavor at all times to esteem others better than myself. 

I propose a zero-tolerance policy to be enforced: 
1. Break the rules once and you will be banned from the Honorbound community for one week.  
2. Break the rules twice and you will be banned, as aforementioned, for one month. 
3. Break the rules a third time and you will permanently banned as a member of the Honorbound community. 
Banning will mean that no member of the Honorbound community will post on your threads or respond to your posts. It will be as though you do not exist. 

If you choose to join, then type your username in a post below. No need for comments really, just sign up. Or don't, your choice. I've had enough. 

Please only join if you mean it.
tobydad
Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2010 1:52:15 AM

tobydad
Apsll
Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2010 3:51:39 AM

apsll
traderm30
Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2010 10:25:05 AM
traderm30
davidjohnhall
Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2010 12:36:20 PM

davidjohnhall
tobydad
Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 6:23:09 AM

I'm giving this one last try. Membership drive is still on.
Apsll
Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 6:49:21 AM

Sorry for the low turn-out TB. I guess that you might want to even remove my name. I have already abussed the privilege of membership. Agm32 knows no bounds in his quest for sinking as low as any human being before him.

I am really wraped up in this Market emerging from the lows that it has sank to. If only a couple of members here that know who they are could do like-wise. I am going to take a break and work on the markets and with my friends. I will not be gone just on the sidelines. I cannot let these people detract me from the markets. 

Good luck with things TB things might quite down if I post a lot less for a while.

Take care old friend talk to you soon.
Apsll
Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 8:46:31 AM

TB, a gift for you. I hope that this will end all the trouble and then we will not need a contract. I need no words as like Diceman has said most on here know who the players are. I need a rest. See you all next week-end. I will have some charts to share and a weeks worth of data to pour over.

God bless....

agm32
Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 10:01:17 AM

this is from my last post on sunday

"of course I logged on as agm32 today. how else was I to retrieve that pm. you must have staged the tobydad login. the pm exposes you as the snake in the grass that you are."

you are an idiot. dragging your stupid argument with you.

Apsll
Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 10:27:59 AM

I only dragged the truth over here. You are a LIAR and I proved it....How can you even show your face? I guess that you have no shame......

Everyone you might want to keep an eye on CBM I just found it using my scans for the new project that I am working on to find stocks that have the potential to reverse trend.
johnlc
Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 5:26:31 PM
they are going to lock this thread.     

AGM   how about posting a good tip about trading

Apsll   post a good looking chart but forget the  CCI20
Apsll
Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 6:04:28 PM

No problem John. I hope that you and I can get back to normal. I will post some charts on the week-end. (let things cool down). I promise- no more snyde remarks, just charts.

Apsll.
ben2k9
Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 7:42:46 PM

I'm in, Tobydad.

mammon
Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 8:37:18 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Tobydad:  Don't forget me!

Mammon
johnlc
Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 8:43:44 PM
This won't last because Apsll will be out more than he's in...

He can't help himself.      

It's like women who don't fart or belch,  they have to bitch, or they'd blow up
3rdeye
Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 8:44:31 PM

Being a newbie- (new to to the market, 15 months and new to TA.)
And, not having participated..... 
(the old adage, keep your mouth shut and be thought of a fool vs. opening mouth & proving it) 
I probably have no reason to post this.

But let it be known there are folks  like myself - "that simply want to learn".

Thanks for all the constructive posts!

There are plenty of places online for sniping

3rd
Apsll
Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 8:51:37 PM

Now you see John, I am not blowing up at you. But I did ruin my chances for membership. I am to hot headed. All these years of never being stocked by a great looking girl and when I finally get stalked than who do I get..........

Serious John. I hope that you all can still talk to non members. Otherwise I will just have to talk to Diceman...eh,eh..
wayne4210
Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 8:57:32 PM
i am delighted to join a "high minded" group where th epurpose is to help (and be helped) by fellow traders ..presumably all of whom have the same goals

wayne
tobydad
Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 9:24:54 PM

Now, we're getting somewhere. OK, the membership drive continues. But, hey, let's mean it.
johnlc
Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 10:26:08 PM
Everyone should remember that each person approaches trading as in all things in life, differently..  

In this endeavor no one is right and no one is wrong, unless you are one of the big shots who is powerful enough to  change the direction of a stock or the entire market.   If you are, then you must be crazy to be on this forum...     

Everyone can learn some, especially me, everyone can help others,  don't take my advice,  in the end let's all try to make a little money.     

And Apsll will help not dictate.    We'll hold him to that.    Still won't root for the Patriots.
Apsll
Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 10:41:25 PM

Hey John I still remember the late 90's when the Pats could not get past the Steelers in the play-offs. I used to curse Drew Bledsoe back then. Then Tom Brady put his hands on the ball and the rest is history.

That Giants/Patriots Super Bowl will haunt me to my grave......
johnlc
Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 11:00:11 PM

The Steelers at one time had an immaculate reception'

The Giants had an immaculate reception .   

Tobydad may be able to better respond to fate, unrealistic happenings, why things happen in our universe.     Personally I believe that some things are fate.   Can one explain why certain things happen?

One happening that occurs that circumvents all the rules of science , physics,  who can explain that.   

tobydad
Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 12:46:06 AM

QUOTE (johnlc)

The Steelers at one time had an immaculate reception'

The Giants had an immaculate reception .   

Tobydad may be able to better respond to fate, unrealistic happenings, why things happen in our universe.     Personally I believe that some things are fate.   Can one explain why certain things happen?

One happening that occurs that circumvents all the rules of science , physics,  who can explain that.   

...the same God that made them all. Now can we just get back to collecting signatures, please? Thanks.
BobMc
Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 11:54:48 AM
I'm in TD - I always appreciate the sharing by so many folks

Regards
Bob Mc
johnlc
Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 9:06:02 PM
Personally I'm waiting for Big Block ,  AGM32,  Diceman,  Reality Check, and Funnymony to sign up.    

Something like seniority or pecking list,  I don't want to step on anyone's toes.  
ben2k9
Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 9:28:12 PM

c'mon John, grow a pair.  being a man, like trading, is a lonely hand.

you gotta go your own way.
johnlc
Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 10:00:01 PM
Just don't want to get busted more than APSLL,  that would really be embarrassing.     I'll wait til he has a head start on everyone.     I'd hate to lead the pack, don't like showing off.  
Apsll
Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 10:05:25 PM

John dude, what is it? you get antsy when things are running smooth. I agree with Benk, "grow a pair". Study some charts to take up all your free time.
johnlc
Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 10:24:10 PM
Apsll:   insults won't get you anywhere.     I thrive on them.   It WAS A JOKE.!!!!!!!!       I just wait for you to post charts and analyse them.    That leaves me more time to figure out how to upset you.     Do the STEELERS  get to beat the patriots this year?   I haven't checked the schedule. 

Ok :   how about CEC.    maybe a cup in handle for the O'Neill followers.    Too many scenarios for me.  

GMXR   may be interesting,    
johnlc
Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 10:37:47 PM

The GMXR pick may meet AGM32's  trend line method....   If it does thanks to AGM.    

azureflames
Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2010 12:24:11 AM
azureflames
Apsll
Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2010 11:06:04 AM

John, I am sorry if you took my words as an insult. They were not intended to be so. It is just that we are all trying to put the nonsense behind us. I think that he is either banned or just ashamed. But imagine this if you can, "We are all in a school and doing our studies and although most of us our serious about them there are this little annoying kid that is going around and spreading gossip; did you hear what this one said? Did you know what he said about you behind your back? What are you going to do about it?” 

I am sorry to say that you are that annoying little kid. We all talk a little about sports and some about politics. But in general we are mostly a group of folks that just want to trade and share a little camaraderie along with stocks we like and our strategies. A little goof here and there is fine by me but please if you can, just turn the volume down a wee little bit.

Bye the way I like the chart for CEC, thanks for sharing that....

tomson10
Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2010 12:11:58 PM
John is nothing like that. He comes accross like an honest man.

ycs

PS I like the GMXR chart better. 
mccl
Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2010 3:41:15 PM

mccl agree
signaltap
Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2010 9:49:58 PM
I concur, Signaltap (macheterosforvr)
jimstacy
Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2010 2:06:33 AM
Me too, Jim Stacy

when will this start
investalert
Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2010 6:20:49 AM
InvestAlert

As an officer and genleman, I'm in lock, stock, and barrel :-)

Go for it!

Richard L H
tobydad
Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2010 6:34:21 AM

QUOTE (jimstacy)
Me too, Jim Stacy

when will this start
It's started, the moment a 2nd person signed on we were engaged.
tobydad
Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2010 6:35:11 AM

QUOTE (LCRX)
stupid post
Explain yourself please. Stupid post? Whose? Or, did you mean stupid thread?
tobydad
Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2010 6:36:37 AM

QUOTE (johnlc)
Personally I'm waiting for Big Block ,  AGM32,  Diceman,  Reality Check, and Funnymony to sign up.    

Something like seniority or pecking list,  I don't want to step on anyone's toes.  
I invite you, sir, to become "unlame".