Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: investalert
About
User Name: investalert
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 75
[0.03% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Custom Indicators - Difference Value
Posted: Monday, November 9, 2015 5:30:26 PM

After applying your suggestions and viewing my indicators I would prefer both averages be front weighted with the PCF formula remaining unchanged.  I am more interested in being able to scan at the end of the day than see it in realtime so the speed is not that important.

Thanks,

Investalert

Posted: Monday, November 9, 2015 3:55:46 PM

Would it be possible if we make all averages "simple",except those within the PCF fomulas of the first indicator, and omit the "1000"?

Posted: Saturday, November 7, 2015 5:54:22 AM

Hi Bruce,

I have two custom indicators and need help developing a PCF to calculate the difference between them.

FIrst Indicator

Period:  55

Average Type:  Exponential

Formula:  (C-xavgC2.1)*(V/xavgV2.1)*1000

Data Source:  Price History

Second Indicator

Period:  48

Offset:  0

Average Type:  Front Weighted

Data Source:  First Indicator

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Topic: PCF for EMA of EMA to create scan condition
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2015 7:32:39 AM

Hi Bruce,

I have an indicator that plots the way I want it to and gives a value on the scale to the right of the chart. The indicator has the following properties:

Label                                   C/Vol

Plot Style                            Area

Indicator period                11

Average Type                    Exponential

Formula 1                           (C-XavgC2) * (V/XavgV2) * 1000

When I click the test formula 1  I get a value of -99.55 yet the value of the chart scale shows 49.70 for the symbol FAS at the close on Friday, 4//24/16.

==========================================

I then want to create a condition using this formula 2 to find the points at which the values of the above indicator reach a certain low value.  My condition is:

Plot style                            Line

Period                                 1

Average type                     Simple

Formula  2                          Xavg(C,11)-Xavg(XavgC2,11)) * (Xavg(V,11)/Xavg(XavgV2,11)) * 1000 < -100

When I click the test formula button I get a value of 52.27 (close to scale value of 49.7 above) for FAS compared to the values of the indicator above.

Further, I want to set a condition where formula 2, when compared to a value (e.g., -100), will show TRUE when condition is met.

From what I read regarding PCFs the above formula 2 should be correct, yet I am not getting the results I was expecting.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Richard

Topic: PCF for value yesterday
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2015 3:41:37 PM

Thanks Bruce, I&#39;ll give it a try :-)

Topic: PCF for value yesterday
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2015 1:36:40 PM

Hi Bruce,

You hleped me some time back with this PCF and need help to verify I have it coded corectly for yesterday.  Please review and let me know if I need corrections.

Is this correct for yesterday&#39;s value?

((11 * V.1 *
((L.1 < xavgL4.1) - (H.1 > xavgH4.1)) + 9 * V1.1 *
((L1.1 < xavgL4.2) - (H1.1 > xavgH4.2)) + 8 * V2.1 *
((L2.1 < xavgL4.3) - (H2.1 > xavgH4.3)) + 7 * V3.1 *
((L3.1 < xavgL4.4) - (H3.1 > xavgH4.5)) + 6 * V4.1 *
((L4.1 < xavgL4.5) - (H4.1 > xavgH4.6)) + 5 * V5.1 *
((L5.1 < xavgL4.6) - (H5.1 > xavgH4.7)) + 4 * V6.1 *
((L6.1 < xavgL4.7) - (H6.1 > xavgH4.8)) + 3 * V7.1 *
((L7.1 < xavgL4.8) - (H7.1 > xavgH4.9)) + 2 * V8.1 *
((L8.1 < xavgL4.9) - (H8.1 > xavgH4.8)) + 1 * V9.1 *
((L9.1 < xavgL4.10) - (H9.1 > xavgH4.10))) / 11)

Thnaks, Richard

Topic: Scan for indicator spikes
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2014 9:53:11 AM

Hi Bruce,

I am trying to build a condition to scan for spikes in my indicator I call C/VOL.  The basic indicator is shown in the PCF  (c-xavgC4) * (v/xavgV4), period set to 1, average type simple, and plot style area.

I want to scan where this condition 4 bars ago is greater than this condition for the 34 bars before that.  I tried the PCF below in a scan and the indicator does not show this condition as being true on the chart (hourly).  The formula below evaluates without error.  What am I doing wrong?

((c-xavgC4.4) * (v/xavgV4.4)) > ((max(c.4,34)-max(xavgc4.4,34) * max(v.4,34)/Max(xavgv4.4,34))

Thanks, Richard

Topic: Can you give me the formula for Marc Chaikin's Accumulation/Distribution
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 1:46:49 PM

Roger that, I see what you mean.  The PCF works great and does what I want to see to compare stocks and look for setups.

Thanks Bruce!

Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 3:44:16 AM

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the reply!  I tried the PCF above and when I sorted to find the difference between the indicator and its 13 bar average the visual "gap" between the two varied (closer and farther) when the sort should have shown the "gap" to steadily increase.

I would like to simplify the PCF and use the following values from my other cumulative indicator:

Up condition:  h>avgh4

Down condition:  l<avgl4

Value to Add/Subtract:  v

Period:  1

Data source:  Price History

I need to be able to scan stocks and sort according to the difference between this cumulaitve indicator and its 13 bar average. 

Thanks in advance for you help, Richard

Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:38:11 PM

Hi Bruce,

I developed something simular to the above PCF and added another indicator as its 13 bar moving average.  How would I write a PCF to measure or calculate the difference  beween the custom PCF above and its 13 bar moving average?  I want to scan for stocks where the dfference is significant.

Thanks, Richard