Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Apsll
About
User Name: Apsll
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 4,308
[1.46% of all post / 0.65 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: OVTI
Posted: Saturday, November 20, 2010 3:29:37 PM
Thanks Diceman & Peter:

One might ask why I am obssesed with this chart and the reasons are "Bonanza Bottom". Remember that one Diceman? Take RVBD and scroll back to 2008 on "zoom=3" so that you can see January 2008 to November 2008. To me these two bottoms if you compare them side by side are very similar.

Things looked pretty bad for RVBD in November 2008 after declining from $23 down to $3.00

Looking back on my entry into APWR I can now see my folly but at the time of my initial analysis I was looking at different attributes. Also I did some {very little} fundimentls and I liked what I saw. On "Yahoo Finance" the analyst's were rating it a strong buy. They have low debt to equity ratio, this added to the growing "China" economy gave me some confidence that APWR was putting in a solid foundation. {could still happen}.

Again thanks for the help on this one guys. I am going to keep trading this one for sport..LOL
Topic: GMO Break-away Gap
Posted: Saturday, November 20, 2010 10:22:27 AM
Howdy WW.

I like both USU & CCJ for different reasons.

USU looks to be breaking up and out from a nice looking Bollinger Band squeeze. The Daily and the weekly charts look awsome

CCJ looks good on another template that I use. Also this pattern is one that I have seen {and played} many times...

Good eye on both WW...
Posted: Saturday, November 20, 2010 10:13:32 AM

Thank you Peter for your help. I too have SF but I am too lazy to really get my hands dirty to take it apart and then back together. I am stuck in my old fashioned ways with Telechart....

If you have the time could you please do an analysis of APWR? I have been burned twice by this one and in both cases I did not adhere to my own set rules. On the RSI 2 APWR is really over-sold. Are you getting a buy signal on the "TD-Sequential?

Again thanks for your time...

Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 9:46:46 PM
How are you Peter?

I have checked out some of these "Demark" Threads between yourself and Ben. There is some similarities to the Larry Connors RSI 2 method. I also checked out a few of your trades in the Zanger contest that appeared to be related to this method. I looked at your TX, & CIGX trades in particular as like I stated they appear to have been bought with your charts above in mind.

My question is this. Do you trade your real portfolio using your TD sequential templates? Lastly would you know of any way to convert some of this stuff into Telechart PCF's or indicators..

Any insight or help would be appreciated....

Thanks Apsll.
Topic: The "WOLF" Finally came! Poor Little PIIGS !! "Rome (EU) is burning!"
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 6:08:30 PM
Topic: The "WOLF" Finally came! Poor Little PIIGS !! "Rome (EU) is burning!"
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 6:00:03 PM

How are you Signaltap?

You have been forcasting doom for some time now and I am trying to see what you are in the charts and I just cannot find it. I am seeing a possitive divergence on the MACD and long term stochastic as shown in my chart below. I see this divergence even in your chart. Your Stochastic roll-over has "whip-sawed". The MACD showed us a negative divergence in the second to third quarter 2009 that only led to higher prices. In my opinion you should not give merrit to a MACD divergence when comming off a "V" bottom as the initial thrust will be steeper than the follow up action just due to the nature of the pattern.

Just sharing my observations and not trying to start trouble. In fact I would love to read your rebutal in reference to my point of view on this.

Topic: GMO Break-away Gap
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 5:10:09 PM
Look; A Dragon....

Topic: Best Wishes to Don Worden ...
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 11:01:15 AM
Yes indeed, best wishes to the Worden family.
Topic: Indian Stocks
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 11:46:46 PM
TD, I have always found your inductive arguments to be clumsy and the way in which you twist the intended premise to fit your off-beat conclusions is insulting to the intelligent observer. You may just as well play both parts in your some-what insipid portrayal of what is actually being said.

QUOTE (tdmartha)
You cannnot disconnect stocks from politics, or economics.  They go hand on hand together.

If you think you can do that - I say dream on.

In fact, you will never make any money until you  find the connection.

Thinking that your MA, your stochs, or your whatever indicator/s  by themselve or together are going to do the job is as naive as thinking that reading a book, or joining an "on line or off line club" is going to make you profitable.

I personally haven't seen on this board ever a profitable technique, advice, or certainty on the bet.  Instead I see a lot of non productive tinkering by folks who for the most part I bet are losing their shirts.

You really need to pursue some kind of continuing education and focus on critical thinking classes.
Topic: Indian Stocks
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 4:08:11 PM

Off-topic post removed.