Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Excel RTD Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
patrick_m_c
Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 8:24:25 AM

Hello,

Is there anyway to have the data from my watchlist columns in my TC2000 transmitted to an excel spreadsheet via RTD?

I keep a spreadsheet on excel of stocks that I'm looking to buy at a certan level. Then, I have a stop price based on a technical indicator, let's say in this case, the 50 day moving average. These two numbers will help me to determine position size. Rather than typing the info in by hand, it would be helpful to have it update itself.

This is a pretty common feature, which I can' find in TC2000. My discount broker offers it, but their data i not as reliable as TC2000, so I'd like to extract information from TC2000 over my discount broker.

Thanks.

bcochrane
Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 8:50:12 AM

I beleive that while you can export a list of stock tickers, you cannot export their associated data. But (perhaps dumb question) why not keep the list as a Watch list in TC2000 itself? Then you can set alerts to be sent to you when ever the event triggers? YOur stop price, if derived from a PCF, could adjust automatically. Just a thought

patrick_m_c
Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 9:33:16 AM

QUOTE (bcochrane)

I beleive that while you can export a list of stock tickers, you cannot export their associated data. But (perhaps dumb question) why not keep the list as a Watch list in TC2000 itself? Then you can set alerts to be sent to you when ever the event triggers? YOur stop price, if derived from a PCF, could adjust automatically. Just a thought

My workplace blocks TC2000, and Im not allowed to keep my account at another brokerge firm. Therefore, I have to duplicate efforts. Even a minor adjustment, like let me copy the 50 day moving average info column and paste it int excel would be helpful.

Its a pain when I'm tracking 50 stocks, and I have to manually update 50 lines of data, when a live stream or copy and paste could update it quicker.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 9:53:11 AM

Worden Trainer

There isn't a way to export the value of 50 period moving average at all in any version of TC2000.

You can export chart data out of TC2000 v18, but that is one symbol at a time. You can't do so for the entire WatchList.

Would being able to export just the price data for an entire WatchList work for you? You would need to know how to calculate the moving average from this data within Excel on your own.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
patrick_m_c
Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 11:18:17 AM

Hi Bruce,

The 50 day moving average was just an example. I have multiple columns (or rows) of data that I'd like to copy and paste the data at the end of the day.

Example:

Average Volume (30 days)

Average True Range

Market Cap

Industry

Earnings

20 day moving averge

50 day moving average

Last Price

It gets to be a lot when inputting by hand.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 11:28:07 AM

Worden Trainer

The 50 day moving average was just an example in my request for clarification from you as well.

You definitely aren't going to be able to export the fundamentals. My understanding is we aren't licensed in such a way that we are allowed to permit customers to export funndamentals.

You aren't going to be able to directly expont things like average volume, ATR, and moving averages. But these sorts of things are constructable using historical price and volume data.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
stargeezer
Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 4:31:01 PM

Excel RTD thread

Bruce L. Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 9:53:11 AM

Would being able to export just the price data for an entire WatchList work for you? You would need to know how to calculate the moving average from this data within Excel on your own.

Yes, being able to export chart price data (historical price data) for an entire WatchList would be great.  This would also need to be for various TimeFrames as the single chart data export is now.

Stargeezer   

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 4:58:06 PM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion.

You do already have TC2000 v7, so you can use that to export, but it is going to be daily data only.

Exporting data to text format - comma, space or tab delimited

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles