Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: stargeezer
About
User Name: stargeezer
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 221
[0.07% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Excel RTD
Posted: Monday, April 8, 2019 4:31:01 PM

Excel RTD thread

Bruce L. Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 9:53:11 AM

Would being able to export just the price data for an entire WatchList work for you? You would need to know how to calculate the moving average from this data within Excel on your own.

Yes, being able to export chart price data (historical price data) for an entire WatchList would be great.  This would also need to be for various TimeFrames as the single chart data export is now.

Stargeezer   

Topic: PCFs with trk% trkPrice or trkShares
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 12:19:34 PM

Maybe some portfolio management tools should be added to TC2000.

Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 12:12:20 PM

Can you upload information into a paper trading account from a file or do you have to enter each datum individually?

Are there instructions for setting up a paper trading account?

Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 11:23:25 AM

Is this possible now, nearly 5 years later, in any version of TC2000?

Can you make a watchlist column of Price Daily x trkShares?

How about in a paper trading account?

Topic: 50-Stock limit on Android app?
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 11:05:01 AM

Version 1.2

So, I uninstalled this version, went to the Google Play Store, downloaded the current version, and...

"This device isn't compatabile with this version."

Well, that sucks.

Any suggestions?  My phone is a Motorola Droid MAXX.

Topic: 50-Stock limit on Android app?
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 1:26:11 AM

There seems to be a 50-stock display limit for watchlists on the Android mobile app.  Is that correct?

Topic: Layout Group save Default suggestion for v16
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2018 4:07:48 PM

At the training class in RTP yesterday (March 10, 2018) Michael said the Save Layout Group window would show the name of the current Layout Group as the default for saving.  Mine always shows Layout Group 1 as the default, just like it did 23 months ago back in April, 2016 with Version 16.

If I save the current Layout Group as a different name and then immediately open the Save Layout Group window it shows Layout Group 1

Does thia actually work for anyone?

I am using the current Version 18.0.6626.29703 with Windows 10.

Topic: Comparison of Worden products?
Posted: Monday, December 4, 2017 10:32:36 AM

Is there a comparison available of current Worden products with the fundamental differences or each noted?  What are the major differences in versions 7, 12, 16, 17, etc?  Which are installed on our computers, are web based, or are Silverlight based? Are each of these available for installation and where?

Thanks.

Topic: PCF Indicator Names and Labels
Posted: Friday, April 28, 2017 1:42:30 AM

If an Indicator (PCF) Formula is created in the Edit PCF window and given a name and the Indicator is added to a watchlist as a column, the column takes the given filename as the heading.

If this Indicator is plotted on a chart, it takes the Formula as the indicator name on the chart although this is not the name of the indicator file.

This is not consistent.

If the indicator is edited from the plot and given a Label, this Label only remains for the current plot and is not with the Indicator if it is called up again. 

However, if you add the indicator to a watchlist as a column, the column takes the Label (and not the Indicator name as before) as the column heading.

If the Indicator is added directly to the watchlist as a column, the column takes the Indicator rile name and not the label name.

This can be confusing.

If you save the indicator from the plot, the indicator file name is whatever is used as the indicator name on the plot, whether it is the Formula or the given Label.

If the initial default label was filled with the file name when the indicator was generated then the plot label, the chart column label, and the file name would all be the same without confusion.  If you wish to have the file name different from the column heading/plot name, the you can change either or both of those when the indicator is saved.

Maybe I am missing something here.  Why is the name initially given to the indicator not used as the default label when the indicator is initially plotted but is used as the column heading when the indicator data is used in a watchlist chart?

Topic: Fixed Rate of Return data error upsets plot location
Posted: Tuesday, March 7, 2017 11:33:48 AM

Oops, I thought it was fixed but I was wrong.