Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Bruce_L
About
User Name: Bruce_L
Groups: Gold User, Platinum User, TeleChart, Worden Staff, Worden Training Agent
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 64,314
[21.90% of all post / 12.42 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Gap Down At The End of Day Screener Code?
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 2:38:49 PM

There are four completely different formulas. Choose whichever one best aligns with your definition of a "gap down".

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Topic: Three New Custom Indicators
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 2:14:05 PM

You could create three Custom PCF % True Indicators for this. The following formulas all check for 1%, but you can change the 1 in the formula to adjust the percentage and are in the same order as your requests.

100 * ABS(XAVGC200 / XAVGC100 - 1) <= 1

100 * ABS(XAVGC100 / XAVGC50 - 1) <= 1

100 * ABS(XAVGC200 / XAVGC50 - 1) <= 1

Note that you could plot the actual percentages using the Price Percent Oscillator (PPO) indicator.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 12:23:43 PM

If you have the word "high" in your formula, then you are including the description of at least one of the formulas in the formula.

The formulas themselves are quite short and in a different font. There are four of them. One of the formula checks for the high being below the previous low and all of the other formulas in the previosu post are of similar length and style.

H < L1

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Topic: EMA Cloud
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 12:01:15 PM

You&#39;re welcome.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 11:52:34 AM

Please contact technical support. You should be able to check on any sort of issue with our feeds here:

TC2000 Status

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 11:09:41 AM

No, there isn&#39;t a way to have WatchList columns, sorts, or scans use the pre / post market data currently in TC2000.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Topic: Intraday Intensity
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 10:35:10 AM

There wouldn&#39;t be a reason to plot that formula on the chart in TC2000, you could just plot Chaikin Money Flow instead.

The only reasons I can think of to use a formula for plotting the indicator would be if you wanted to use one of the first two formulas given in my Tuesday, December 11, 2018 9:04:52 AM ET post or if you are using an older version of the software without the new syntax (which does not seem to be the case).

If you do want to use a formula to plot an indicator in TC2000 v18, you would add a Custom PCF Indicator to the chart with the desired formula as the Formula setting.

How to Add an Indicator to a Chart Template

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 9:32:14 AM

I am not actually sure what you are requesting. I don&#39;t know if you want to scan a daily time frame at the end of the day to check for a gap down (this is what I would suspect based just on the text of the post).

High below previous low:

H < L1

High below previous close:

H < C1

Open below previous low:

O < L1

Open below previous close:

O < C1

Or if you are interested in some sort of gap down near the end of the day in an intraday time frame (this seems to be suggested by the title of the topic). If you want this intraday version, I would need further clarification as to exactly what type of gap down you are attempting identify, the time frame, and how near it needs to be to the end of the trading day.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Topic: Intraday Intensity
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 9:04:52 AM

The formula as written should be the same as Chaikin Money Flow.

I have found different definitions of intraday intensity online. At least one doesn&#39;t have a period as it is the name of an intermediate step in calculating the Chaikin Money Flow.

IIF(H > L, V * (2 * C - H - L) / (H - L), 0)

But another version developed by Dave Bostian seems to differ from Chaikin Money Flow primarily in not dividing the sum over time of what Chaikin seems to call the intraday intensity index by total volume.

SUM(IIF(H > L, V * (2 * C - H - L) / (H - L), 0), 21)

With the Chaikin Money Flow following a similar formula structure being the following.

SUM(IIF(H > L, V * (2 * C - H - L) / (H - L), 0), 21) / SUM(V, 21)

Note that this is all taken from a few pages I found in search on the internet. I do not own the books and am not working from original sources.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Topic: Linear Regression Line
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 3:12:45 PM

You&#39;re welcome.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles