Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

TC 2011 Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
kyle5
Posted : Saturday, December 4, 2010 2:26:40 AM
Will clients who want to remain with TC2007 be allowed to?
Or will we all be,ultimately, forced into this freestockcharts looking TC2011 thing?
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2010 9:04:10 AM

Worden Trainer

You will still be able to use TC2007.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
HUF
Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:18:45 AM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

Can TC2007 and TC2011 be installed on the same machine, or will TC2011 overwrite TC2007?
StockGuy
Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:22:09 AM

Administration

No, you can install both on the same machine and run both at the same time as well. TC2011 will not alter any files or settings in TeleChart 2007.
HUF
Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:29:15 AM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

Very cool. Thanks, Stockguy.
kyle5
Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2010 3:03:26 AM
Thanks Bruce, Thats great news for a TC2007 devotee
fpetry
Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2010 7:28:25 AM
QUOTE (kyle5)
Thanks Bruce, Thats great news for a TC2007 devotee

I love TC2007 too, but I'm very open to eventually moving over to TC2011 provided it's just as fast when flipping charts via space bar.  I'm really, really interested in knowing whether or not I'll be able to easily import all my TC2007 settings/watchlists/PCFs/EasyScans into TC2011.  My gut tells me that down the line Worden will phase out 2007. 
InvestOverTime
Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 12:33:30 AM
Where do I find TC2011 to download?
steverino
Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2011 10:19:06 PM
Yes, where do we get TC2011?
StockGuy
Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2011 6:54:21 AM

Administration

www.TC2000.com

The beta key is fins1.
clifpa
Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 11:15:30 AM
I'm checking out the beta TC2011 and already have a few questions;

1) Is ZOOM still supported? I have code that uses this old feature.

2) In the old version I created an EasyScan I call MyUniverse which includes some redundant stuff like List to Scan, volume, price, volitility, etc. so I don't need to include these in my other EasyScans...I only need to select MyUniverse in all my new/existing EasyScans, problem, when I try to select MyUniverse for List to Scan I can't find it...what do I do now?

3) Do I understand correctly; I no longer need to perform a nightly update of my scans but that TC2011 (using Gold) will perform updates through-out the day with a 15m delay?

4) when I imported my old data it didn't look like it worked so stupid me I did another one and now have duplicates of everything...what is the best way to clean this up?

Looking good so far...

Thanks, Cliff
wwrightjuly4
Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2011 8:42:15 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

SF 5  w/   tc2007   using telechart Active List.

SF 5 w  tc2011   active list is based on tc2007  ?   can I get SF5 to use the 2011 active list?
fpetry
Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2011 8:43:31 AM
QUOTE (clifpa)

2) In the old version I created an EasyScan I call MyUniverse which includes some redundant stuff like List to Scan, volume, price, volitility, etc. so I don't need to include these in my other EasyScans...I only need to select MyUniverse in all my new/existing EasyScans, problem, when I try to select MyUniverse for List to Scan I can't find it...what do I do now?

3) Do I understand correctly; I no longer need to perform a nightly update of my scans but that TC2011 (using Gold) will perform updates through-out the day with a 15m delay?

4) when I imported my old data it didn't look like it worked so stupid me I did another one and now have duplicates of everything...what is the best way to clean this up?

Looking good so far...

Thanks, Cliff

I'm having same issues as you.  I hope v11 adds zoom similar to 2007, i.e. the zoom +/- symbols with drop down menu.  None of my imported easy scans work with v11 (as of two days ago), but should any day now as beta advances.  You are correct, you no longer have to manually update v11, it does so automatically and that part seems to be working fine...matter of fact many stocks are often times showing live real time quotes/charts with gold.  

I feel your pain with the import where everything now has duplicates if imported more than once; I have many dozens of PCFs, easy scans, templates, and the only way to remove duplicates is one at a time, real pain.  I have a solution idea that I bet would work; simply remove v11 from your harddrive via windows add/remove and re-download, then import, should then show one set of data instead of duplicates.  You would lose any customized layouts or templates for v11 most likely though and have to start over.  Please do what I've been doing and what Worden beta developers badly want you to do:  Send any suggestion/comment/complaint to the special email address:  feedback@tc2000.com

A final note:  On my machine at least, I find that TC2007 is definitely faster in many functions vs. v11.  You can say all you want about speed of powerful servers with cloud computing, but nothing beats speed of all the data on your hard drive as is the case with 2007.  Thank God Worden will keep 2007 going forward.  I see myself in the future as having both programs open at same time.  The charts themselves, text/candles/lines/volume, all are more finely delineated with 2007.  Also, the list of watchlist symbols on left side is much more restricted in number shown in v11 vs 2007, the reason being that more data such as co. name under stock symbol forces symbol box to be larger vertically.
diceman
Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2011 10:57:41 AM
QUOTE (clifpa)

Looking good so far...

Thanks, Cliff

1) Realize that your code should still work. (you just may not be looking at the same amount of bars)
(all a "zoom" PCF does is use a set amount of bars that match zoom settings)
2) Im assuming you have this now?
3) Yes (some of the true/false watchlist type pcfs will have a resort rate (like every minute))
4) You just have to use the "X", as fpetry stated above, if you have a ton of stuff it may be better
to just delete and reload TC2011.

Thanks
diceman
auburnoib
Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 1:39:00 AM
What does Gold TC2000 provide over freestockcharts?
StockGuy
Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:44:45 AM

Administration

FreeStockCharts.com is a website. TC2000 runs as true software which gives it inherent advantages including speed, more screen real-estate, no advertising, multiple pointer modes and better right-click menus. The program fires up in seconds and the charts are significantly snappier and smoother than the web charts – not to mention larger.

QuickSort™
When you are looking at a chart, you can click on an indicator to immediately sort all your charts by it. It works the way you think. If you are looking at an hourly chart with a 9 period RSI, click the RSI to immediately arrange your charts by that exact indicator you are viewing. You can even sort by information “about” that indicator such as latest value, crossing through, new high, moving fast, etc.

Worden Notes
Peter Worden studies stock charts every day, all day. When he decides to jot down a note about something that catches his eye, you want to check it out. You can even save Peter’s indicator setups and chart templates right into your own system and make them part of your own routine. In addition to individual stock comments, Peter writes the Daily Worden Report after every market close. It’s the most informative 3-minute market summary you can give yourself on a daily basis.

Custom Date Sort
This is a long-time TC2000 favorite. One of the most powerful ways to find strong relative strength stocks is to pick a time period of the market in hindsight and see which stocks performed best. For example, if the S&P 500 formed a W bottom with lower lows, drag between the lows to see the stocks that performed best in this period of time. You’ll be amazed how often these stocks lead the rally. You can even see the stocks which lead their industries during the period. It’s one more way to look at a manageable number of charts that have a common purpose.

Integrated Industry WatchLists
They are always at your fingertips in watchlist window #2 because you’ll use them all the time. Any time you are looking at a chart, you can glance down and see all the other stocks in the same industry sorted by any criteria of your liking – market cap, today’s percent change, year-to-date performance – anything.

Chart Slide Shows
Once you get all your charts organized into watchlists and EasyScans, it’s nice to kick back and flip through the charts without having to touch your keyboard. A great way to start your day is to grab the Dow 30 watchlist, QuickSort it by your favorite indicator and flip the slideshow switch. Lean back and get your arms around the market.

MoneyStream®, Time Segmented Volume® and Balance of Power®
The original versions of these proprietary indicators were developed by Don Worden all the way back in the 1960’s when he pioneered Tick Volume for professional traders. All three indicators measure the relationship between price and volume activity to uncover hidden buying and selling pressure. You’ll find that Peter Worden uses TSV and MoneyStream in 90% of his charts. The best way to learn these indicators is to read Peter’s notes and watch how he interprets them. These three indicators are exclusive to TC2000 and yet another reason the software has won awards for nineteen years in a row.

Create Your Own Reusable Building Blocks with Personal Criteria Formulas (PCF’s)
If you want to add your own custom conditions and indicators, you can do it with a simple formula language called PCF. You can write both value-based and conditional based-pieces that can be used in EasyScans®, plotted as indicators and displayed as columns. They get added to the library and become part of your software. A simple formula c>h5 would mean the current bar’s close is greater than the high 5 bars ago. If you like writing formulas, PCF’s are simple. If you don’t, you might surprise yourself, because PCF’s are simple. Platinum members can write PCF’s for any intraday time frame as well.
iforbes
Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2011 7:25:46 PM
Looking to get TC2011.   Want to know if I can remove TC2007.  I use the SDK from TC2007.    Does TC2011 have an SDK available?
stock-chartist
Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 11:28:30 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I gave the cloud-based version of TC2000 (TC 2011) a try.  Have following comment and question … so far.

1. On importing trendlines, the default should be no extensions in front and back rather than defaulting with extensions.  I found that all my charts had myriad lines resulting from old trendlines.  I would have to go to each chart, to each trendline and edit the settings on each.  To edit some of the old trendlines, I’d have to go to back in history on a nine-day bar and find perform the edit.  The PC version has a top level control that turned extensions on or off at a global level.  Until that change is implemented, I can’t use the cloud-version and will stick with the PC version.
  2. What happens when you’re offline, like in an airplane or anywhere that an Internet connection is unavailable?  What is available on my PC without an Internet connection?

Examples of features that I’ve gotten accustomed to and use all the time but aren’t yet in the cloud-version and am not sure they ever will be include:

1. Three graphs simultaneously
  2. I’ve converted some of the indicators (esp, moving averages) to show consistently on different bar sizes (100-dma on a daily chart = 25-dma on a 4-day chart = approx. 11-dma on a 9-day chart, etc.); that wasn’t imported
  3. Multiple list sort tabs, multiple sort variables on each tab and flagging stocks in list for easy copy to new lists.
I have to confess based on my brief exposure to the cloud-version, I haven’t yet found a compelling reason to switch.  I have two monitors running during the day (Fidelity Active Trader Pro and Telechart 2000); I use one for current data and the other for historical.

I’ll wait to see how many enhancements are installed.

pmoon7
Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2012 12:17:36 PM

QUOTE (iforbes)
Looking to get TC2011.   Want to know if I can remove TC2007.  I use the SDK from TC2007.    Does TC2011 have an SDK available?

iforbes -- did you ever get an answer on this?  i just extended my subscription and see all the "new" TC2011 and don't want to have to rewrite any SDK incompatabilities.  thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, July 2, 2012 8:20:13 AM

Worden Trainer

You will need to have TC2000 version 7 installed to use the TC2000 SDK as TC2000 version 12.2 does not have an SDK available.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles