Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

NGPS hot stock from level II news Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
cashmaker
Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2005 10:11:52 AM
DJ Hot Stocks: BTM MSFT IBM AVY LEV NGPS NTE MOH NSM CRN -3-

NOVATEL INC (NGPS)
Posted fourth-quarter earnings of $4.7 million, or 58
cents a share, up from $800,000, or 10 cents a share, in
the year-ago period.
Analysis Predict Price: $20.56
Net Change: $2.80
% Change: 15.77% Gain
Volume: 2.5M Shares

NGPS same pattern as ANTP, NGPS bottom touch, rebounce from the bottom. Strong buy order coming in, downside is very little. Will see $20 in the next couple weeks.
BigBlock
Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2005 1:52:43 PM
Can you explain what level II news are? This is the first time I have heard this. I suppose you mean real time news. Confusing.
About NGPS you are right - strong fundamentals, but I think that your target predictions are way off under current market conditions.
By Analysis do you mean your analysis or whose.
good luck cash maker.
cashmaker
Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2005 3:04:33 PM
My analysis. Since I pay for the Level II , so I can read the news and recommend stocks. todays' news is from Dow Jones Alert. If you are using discount broker, you can not see levelII. Happy trading.
BigBlock
Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2005 4:18:46 PM
Dear cashmaker you must be very new to the market and its gadgets. I use a discount broker as well as a direct order system. Discount broker for bigblocks orders as in above 10,000shrs so to keep commision down if speed is not an issue for that particular trade. For smaller orders which sucess would depend on the speed of the execution I use direct order entry system.
Now I actually get levell II for free from my discount broker just so you know, but I do not use it much. I use supermontage which is the plataform of choice as of now. To say that you have Levell II news do not make any sense at all. There are no level II news. What there is - is real time news or real time news wire neither one of them have anything to do with level II.
Recomendation on the news are as good as playing Russian Roulet.
Greetings and good luck to you and your customers.
mikepass
Posted : Friday, March 25, 2005 10:07:25 AM
This isn't a forum to pump and hype stocks, perhaps the yahoo message board is where you should hype
fatcat67
Posted : Friday, March 25, 2005 12:09:27 PM
<:o) Here's my two cents--NGPS does have a similar price history as ANTP for the last 5 months, as well as strong characteristics of a playable bounce, at a minimum. It should be pointed out though, that while NGPS has a small float, ANTP is what I would label a 'nano-capper', based on its market capitalization and micro float status, and that of course lends itself to the momentum bug in a big way. NGPS late last year demonstrated its own ability to do just that, possibly better than 99% of the stocks out there, with the exception of one or two stocks, ANTP being one of those names. TSV 18 with an 8 period MA is leading price action, and with a confirmed double bottom test triggering in NGPS during Thursday's trade, the only thing to do now, is sit back and respect your stops below recent lows, or manage the position to the upside, should it decide to move higher, like our friend ANTP. Cheers.
stevenlg
Posted : Friday, March 25, 2005 4:13:06 PM
Any chance we can discuss currencies?
Doug_H
Posted : Friday, March 25, 2005 4:16:00 PM

Worden Trainer

stevenlg:

What I suggest is that you post a new topic (click the new topic button) and kick off with a question or comment about currencies. Make sure your topic title says something about currencies. Many who may have something to add to your discussion would never think to look at the bottom of this topic about NGPS.

- Doug
Teaching Online!
MarkAB
Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2005 12:21:53 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Per bigblock you must be very new at this. Look at this stock in a different light, forget fundamentals, stock moved on Nov 04 to Dec 04 on relatively light volume, went down on fantastic volume. Consider how many people got caught holding this stock 4 months ago at $22 to $46, this is called overhead supply, everytime this stock want to move to $ 23 area, people will be selling, They are all in the hope mode, they all have turned into investors instead of traders. This stock isn't going anywhere.
SparksOr
Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2005 1:02:10 AM
Hello??????? The stock is in a down trend????
ryurow
Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2005 2:32:19 AM
I guess I have to agree with the previous two posters. At this point -- in my opinion -- this doesn't look like a long.

On the other hand ,it seems to be short term oversold. So there is a reasonable chance it would hold at about 16.70 or so.

If it were to move north, especially on increasing volume, then it certainly would be worth a second look.

best of luck-
BruceG
Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2005 10:26:59 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

If I were trying to make money going long on this stock, I would n ot look at it until it has demonstrated a real change in direction. If the stock got back up to $22.00 - maybe but probably would wait till it reached $25.00 to get serious about going long. Nice TSV divergence if you want to risk at current level.
BigBlock
Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2005 8:48:45 PM
Well Cashmaker I guess that your overhead supply theory isn't working. Look at the volume pattern for this stock as well as ANTP. What overhead? Increasing volume on a price drop means people are jumping of the boat as quick as they can, some regarless of current price. They just want out of a sinking boat.
cashmaker
Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2005 10:43:39 PM
NGPS is not for day trade dude. I am a FA and financial analysis guy, what I focus on is the company's business and growth. NGPS definitely is an oversold stock with great financial background. If you play this stock just long some days then out some days, NGPS is not for you. I am holding it, I bet when its price shot up to $25, this thread will show on the top again.
BigBlock
Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2005 11:45:26 PM
Dear cashmaker, first of all I am not a dude. Secondly, I do not hope, do not predict the future, and only look at the present elements, and some of the past; but mostly the present.
Whether I am daytrading or swinging the trade the theory is the same. If you like you can hold, I do not know your current situation on your holding. Furthermore on the current situation I maintain my opinio - your targets are a little off and there is nothing that indicates anything different.
Good luck DUDE.