Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: MarkAB
About
User Name: MarkAB
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 51
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Need to create simple PCF 3 day Volume Average vs Existing Volume
Posted: Friday, July 1, 2016 3:39:45 PM

I doubled check and the problem was when I set up the indicator, I forgot to associate V with Daily which would give me the total volume since 9:30AM vs 3 day average, this way I can see a correct ratio during the day of  1 means that present volume is 500K and if 3 day average is Parity or 500K . Close enough for gov work. 

The problem was I was getting screwy correlated numbers, because I first set this up without considering the time period .  Normally you should be able to sort the column and expect ratios close to each other , Now is should be easy to convert ratios to % and be able to quickly determine volume intensity.

Thank You

Posted: Friday, July 1, 2016 1:38:39 PM

Sorry, what I want to do is get a correlation of 

Total Volume for today which off course is available vs the 3 day volume average.

You see volume buzz which is outstanding represent that period of time, while I am trying to 

HOG  Volume buzz of 750% Volume 14.3 M  average 3 day volume is 1.7M  correlates to Number 

MRKT                                        Volume 1.2M  average 537K    this as of 1:34PM today  now the difference is with HOG at least 14: 1 ration vs 2:1 with MRKT  so I want that to correlate to a number this way I know without looking at both volume and 3 day average what is going on at this particular period.  I am not interested in the bar, all I am interested is daily total for this period of time accumalitive vs 3 day average (static) 

Does that make sense?

By the way before I make you crazy, I have been with Telechart for 11years and note: the only real complaint is Worden fibs are lousy.  

Mark

Posted: Friday, July 1, 2016 12:51:17 PM

Thank you appreciate, 

My only question now is I think my numbers are skewed because AVGV3 is Static doesn't change till tonight, but my V will increase during the day .  For some reason my correlations are incorrect since for some reason I am finding in some cases higher daily volume vs 3 day average to be the same if the volume is reversed.  

I guess I need a phd or 9 year child to understand.  Should be a good quiz for my Daughter and a bunch of Intel engineers heading to Canada this PM. 

Thank you again

Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2016 1:19:01 PM

I want to compare a 3 day Volume average vs a Existing Volume of the Day. Understand I would need to constantly refresh, but is there a possibility 

AVG3 / V  Error in formula syntax.  AllI want to do is to compare  the previous 3 day's Average Volume to the Existing Volume of today at present time period.  It doesn't have to be exact.  Unlike volume buzz, I would like to be able to see quickly a number indicating the difference.  ie:  The columns are already there with my present volume/3 day average. 

Any help would be most appreciated. Thank You

Topic: COMPLETE uninstall on TC2000 v7
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2014 12:13:13 PM

As an FYI, I have had this problem for at least a year.  The same exact situation, although I did move TC2KV7 to another computer residing next to my original trading computer. Now the performance is excellent especially not waiting for 15 seconds plus  from watchlist to watchlist, or going to PCF's in the same amount of time.  At first I attributed the problems to having TC2KV7 for the past 11 years and with sizable personal notes perhaps effected the  performance, I moved to the other computer successfully.  I still would rather use the existing computer so I have tried a SSD.

Just got a slight improvement with the SSD.  Normally it doesnt make that much of a difference using V7 with Platinum V12, but the clarity of the charts with V7 cannot be beat.  My next move is to do a clean download and install of Windows on the SSD and see if that makes a difference.  Honestly, I have done everything possible including numerous installs and re installs.  The only reason I dont want to keep the status quo is that the other computer is really dedicated to 6 IB accounts on one screen vs the 3 screens with V7/12and another real time charting system. 

I have also spent a lot of  time with technical support when I had gold and now platinum.  The only credible answer  I have received is TC2KV7 is a file based system and therefore very slow, but the difference in perfomance between the two computers has me perpexed.

Topic: Confused about formulas used from EOD to daily period
Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 3:39:00 PM

I am new to Platinum and confused about scanning/on a 3-15 minute basis.  Can I use the existing formulas of EOD and apply to scans if I put in proper time frame. 

ie:  Breaking out of a trading Range EOD

Formula starts as (MAXH20-MinL20)/ (MAxH20+MINL20) /  and so on, would the system set for Edit column (Platinum)  3 minutes understand that we are talking about 20 periods or 60 minutes. Or must I change the formula?

also

ie: For 3 UP bars in  row

in  EOD for 3 days = C>1 and C1>C2 and C2>C3

The above is EOD, do I use the same for scanning 3 minutes for 3 up bars over a 9 minute period or

would I useMax open or close as MaxCn1>MaxCn2 and MaxCn2>MaxCNn3 to achieve the same result for 3 bars?

Thank you,  I have existing PCF that I would like to use to help me without reconfiguring for 3minute scans and charts.

Topic: Fibonacci
Posted: Sunday, June 23, 2013 2:10:54 PM

This is for all that request  real Fibonacci capabilities. 

I have just started perusing Worden forums, although have been a Gold member since March of 2004 .  I have always used TC  for  end of the day scanning.  My trading is relatively simplified using candlesticks, moving averages, volume, stochastics and fibonacci.  Unfortunately, fibs have always taken a back seat with Worden, and to date the fibs are still nonexistent.  In listening to the video seminars from Worden on fibs, I have found most of the people totally clueless.  It is a shame that they can develop all these lagging indicators, but fibs that have proven their worth are out of the question.  Over the past 12 years, I have used Trade Station, Ensign, Ninja, for my minute to daily charts, trading both equities and futures, and all are serious about Fibonacci.  Until Worden actually gets serious, I cannot entertain leaving my day program for perhaps Platinum.  You have made some great advances with TC2KV12 but for many of us, you are still in the training wheels stage.  Look at Elite Trader web site and see if you even rate with the traders, yes overall Gold is the best cheap program out there as the main consensus.

Please Worden, learn ABC ups, downs, and not only have clarity with your retracements but add fib extensions.  I am not asking you to offer preferences like the big boys, colors, thicknesses, percentages, style, but retracement and extensions are a must.  Perhaps query the few people that have expressed an interest in fibs, you never know the developers may even learn something, or perhaps get a trial period to most trading platform and get some knowledge.

I would like to gravitate to Platinum, but at this time without real fibonacci drawings it is totally out of the question.

Topic: Burned!
Posted: Sunday, February 5, 2006 4:46:18 PM
I am in full agreement with closing your position in biotech stocks by the end of the day. Overnight stop losses are worthless, when the stock opens 18% below your stop and than activates.
Look at ALXN for late November 05, I was caught and I have found religion in daytrading any biotech. I wish I had options, fortunately, now available with IRA's at IB.
Unfortunately, the above will not stop stock manipulation by insiders, a good example is ILSE on 1/26/06. best way to buy cheap is to dump at premarket, and buy back.
Topic: Brokers
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2005 9:16:02 AM
Try Interactive Brokers, they are international, locally here they charge .005 per share, with 100 shs at $1, and any additional quantity will be .005, good future and option prices. Note: excellent fills, no T + 3 on cash accts, and if you don't need hand holding, excellent. If you are a newbie, forget it, there customer service leaves a lot to be desired.
Good Luck
Topic: Stop loss...what is your method?
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 7:13:12 PM
To Memorable
Mental stops work extremely well when you are using mental money. While your at it, don't forget to use paper or simulation trading to satisfy your ego. I am sure that the market maker is looking at your 200 share stop loss and deciding wether to drive the price down for your $3K investment. You have to have a hard stop, unless you are a investor (trader whose position went south). Evidently, in your part of the country, the electrical works, the web works, and try a fling with the Futures market and learn about mental stops.