Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: fatcat67
About
User Name: fatcat67
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 10
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Pattern Longs & Shorts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2005 7:36:00 PM
the FTD is the confirmation day of a technical low, which shows upside volume and thrust. 10/19 was a FTD, the one before that was set in late April. IBD uses them as confirmation for entering into growth stocks. cheers.
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2005 7:17:54 PM
Thanks for the feedback John. I am curious, are you following the FTD as a reason not to entertain shorts in the market, or some other technical rule. Personally, the lack of leadership (some banks recently)and hard gaps in many growth stocks has me thinking that it might be best served to be prepared from both sides of the market and trade position flat. Cheers
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2005 1:32:33 PM
these are some stocks that look interesting based on fib based and classic pattern analysis...most have confirming weekly's and / or monthly charts. I use them primarily for shorter term swing trades, but folks might want to run their own scans on the names and maybe come up with decisions (if any) on their own. If anyone has any thoughts on the names and what they're seeing, I welcome the feedback. Cheers

Longs: ABI, HW, QLTI, KEYW, OVEN, TXCO, PNCL, CSCO, DIGE, HANS, ACO, LUFK, NILE, TALX,JNPR,
TRAD, PDCO, CIB, SNDK

Shorts: BZH, IBB, ERTS, IJR, TRID, USNA, EBAY, IACI, WMT, USG, AAPL, INFY, CHS, FISV, BBD
Topic: 'Nano-cappers' to Mid-caps of notice: C V V, GEOI, ABLE, KONG.....
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2005 11:11:22 PM
Some crazy stuff with the market trying to be a persistent bull with nary a pullback worth notice. Fibonacci analysts are probably aware of key price and time resistance in the works in the major indices. But for those inclined to keep moving with the bull here's some micro to mid cappers that have a combination of fundamentals, technicals, and / or sector strength to consider as trade candidates from the long side: C V V , GEOI, ABLE, KONG, TEAM, ANIK, HOM, BCON, IIG, BELM, GNTA, DESC, EXM, IIIN, DHB. Cheers, FATCAT
Topic: Short Interest Ratio on Chart??
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2005 2:50:10 PM
I saw Peter's video on VRSN. How does one put up the Short Interest Ratio on their telechart gold or in the Worden Studio? I can't seem to figure it out, and I would love to have that view.
Topic: Gartleys in Progress
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 8:52:12 PM
If you're interested in Fibonacci patterns, the Naz' and Industrials, amongst others look to have further downside. The Nasdaq Composite would put in solid price and time symmetry around the 1925 level, or another 2.5%. Below that is a pretty big air pocket down to a support zone btw 1850 - 1872. They don't always work of course, as nothing does, except MM (money mgt.), but I am a firm believer in respecting these Fibonacci patterns, as they do typically, play themselves out into their targeted zones. It will be pointed out that we are in a support zone in the Naz', but this is without the benefit of the larger pattern or strong time symmetry. What that means is that we can probably expect some type of bottom feeding by reversal players down to the 1965 area, but I wouldn't go beyond playing this game on the intraday time frame. They will make you feel like you are missing out, as usual, but the real swing opportunity should come in at lower levels. At this juncture, if you're not already short, and profitable on a portion, my advice would be to tread very lightly til you see the whites of their eyes, and then the horns might stand a chance at a playable low.
Topic: NGPS amazing rebounce!
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2005 4:55:06 PM
Some might say MM is Marilyn Monroe, others Market Makers, but when it comes to the grail it's a reference to Money Management.
Topic: NGPS amazing rebounce!
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2005 10:42:34 AM
It turns out that NGPS has confirmed my bullish reversal analysis posted this past weekend--more importantly, if you are in it, the hard part is over, as long as you remember to keep it real, and book at least 1/2 up here. Cheers. MM is the holy grail, not hype.
Topic: NGPS hot stock from level II news
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 12:09:27 PM
<:o) Here's my two cents--NGPS does have a similar price history as ANTP for the last 5 months, as well as strong characteristics of a playable bounce, at a minimum. It should be pointed out though, that while NGPS has a small float, ANTP is what I would label a 'nano-capper', based on its market capitalization and micro float status, and that of course lends itself to the momentum bug in a big way. NGPS late last year demonstrated its own ability to do just that, possibly better than 99% of the stocks out there, with the exception of one or two stocks, ANTP being one of those names. TSV 18 with an 8 period MA is leading price action, and with a confirmed double bottom test triggering in NGPS during Thursday's trade, the only thing to do now, is sit back and respect your stops below recent lows, or manage the position to the upside, should it decide to move higher, like our friend ANTP. Cheers.