Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Lets see what you got Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Apsll
Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2008 6:27:09 PM

Hey all. On the other forum they had a geat idea. I hope it goes over equally as well here as it has over there. Why not share some picks of ourselves and our work stations. I will kick it off.

All righty then, here are some picks of me, my girl and my home work station. Keep in mind that I just set up my work station recently as I had a much better set-up at my old office at work. Now that I am going back and forth - some home and some in my new office, Then I have not yet invested into my permanant choice of a good desk and work station.

Lastly I recently shaved my head and no matter how many pics I had my girlfriend snap I could not get a good one. So this pic of me when we whent on a cruise ship a few years back is all I can show you until my hair grows back.

Enjoy... 

Apsll
Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2008 6:27:59 PM

Apsll
Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2008 6:28:50 PM

Apsll
Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2008 6:29:21 PM

winfieldh
Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2008 6:38:16 PM
Sorry no pictures to share, but....looking at your sweatshirt....I used to live and work on MV!! Did you take the Chappy Ferry to Chappaquiddick? Chances are I might have been your skipper. I drove the ferry for three years and worked at/on various boats and boatyards on the island. Once we started a family we moved off, so those are only wonderful memories now.
jjames
Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2008 6:39:59 PM

ok, heres my pic.

(removed for offensive content by the Moderator)
driger
Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2008 10:01:03 PM

Meet my girl.

And heres my friend killer.

Apsll
Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2008 1:04:54 PM

Win, how are you my friend? I have never been to the Vinyard and Ted Kennedy kinda ruined me for Chappaquiddick with his water sport. The sweat shirt was a gift from a friend that whent there. I have always wanted to visit the Islands - Nantuckett, Rock island and the vin, but never have gotten around to it.

Driger nice car and cat. I like cats better than dogs, they do not beg for attention and drool all over the place.

Come on guys everyone has a digital camera, just snap some pics plug it into your comuter, how hard can that be. I would love to put some faces to those that I have been calling friend for three years.

I look foward to seeing some of you .......

davidjohnhall
Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2008 2:44:49 PM

Okay Apsll, I hop you know what you're asking for here.  I am impossibly bad at narrowing down favorite photos (of the few that i take) -- so essentitially you arbout to get a pitoral life history.  But where to start... 

How about the trading desk.  Sounds good.  For some reason there was a pile of money on the desk when I took this shot.  I am not usually this obnoxious, so please ignore it.  I think I had played poker the night before and those were winnings (must have been a rare night indeed!).

Notice the flood of postits.  Those must be all trading rules.  haha  I would like to know what that 3x5 card says.  It's not there anymore.  Probably was the secret to the market which I have forgotten.

Here are SEVERAL photos of me, because, of course I can't choose.  Looking at them now I realize I take some fairly rediculous photos and some of myself...

Here is me and the girlfriend Patricia...

That is not my minivan in the background, nor my house. 

Here I am cleaned up (i.e. not on the way to or from happy hour) and ready for work.

Here is happy hour me with a random girl behind me.  Actually, she's a freind, but it's funny.

Here's me on a phto shoot I did for a friend.  He was putting together a wedding portfoli so i had to pretend it was my wedding and I had just met this girl that day.  I must say I look pretty suave.  lol

Here's the beach I surf at whenever my head is not in the computer screen:

It's nice to have that just down the block!

And finally, seeing as someone posted a photo of their car, I didn't want mine to feel left out.  (Sorry, I don't have any pets).

If you're ever in the market for an affordable sportscar I could not recomend the M# more.  This one's a 98 convertible and I have never driven a car that handles like this one. 

Well, that's about it.  I can't believe how hard of an exercise this was.  lol  But once I got going, as you can tell, I just couldn't stop!

David John Hall

davidjohnhall
Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2008 2:48:32 PM

Oh, sorry, that's M3 above.  And I fogot to spell check the whole thing.  My appologies.  I was probbaly just freaking out about posting photos of myself.  LOL

Thanks for forcing me to come out of hiding Apsll.  I will now go post this on the other forum as well.

David John Hall
Apsll
Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2008 2:56:46 PM

I am glad to put a face to Sir Knight of the round table. although maybe you had better show us a reciept for that car, bigblock might not believe that it is yours.

Good job David.

Come on folks lets see some more of you ....
tobydad
Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2008 5:00:12 PM

As one of the elder members here, I was reticent to share pics of myself. Finally, humility overcame me and I thought I should share this snapshot from some of the recent trading news publications.

After the Dow dropped below 12,000, Tobydad's trades took a turn for the worse. The yacht repossessors were, as onlookers from the dock described, "less than kind".
davidjohnhall
Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2008 6:52:04 PM

lol Tobydad!  How could they?!  Unkind indeed!
tobydad
Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2008 8:18:09 PM

From the "We Only Go Long" Newsletter:

"As the markets continue to plunge, Tobydad insists his world-famous "Tobydad Profile" can withstand the slippery slope of the worst bear market in years" 

Take it from me folks, you have to give in and let the trend be your friend. Following is a little pictorial essay of my life after the, now, infamous Tobydad profile. 

We had to trade in our BlueBird motor home for this little number:

The Maybach got repo'd right after the yacht (see sad story above). We were able to negotiate for this sweet ride:

We just couildn't give up the water, so, even with the yacht now owned by others, we managed to procure a little something for those Sunday outings on the bay:

And, last but not least, the new "crib",

Learn from me, young traders.

All the best, 
Tobydad
tobydad
Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2008 8:58:48 PM

OK, enough of this nonsense, here's what really matters to me. A family dinner before sending our daughter off to Italy.

scottnlena
Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2008 11:00:23 PM

Ha Ha Ha that is hilarious.. till I saw the pictures of my house....how did you get that?

Beautiful family.  What a little cutie in pink next to you.  Min just had her first Mac&Cheese tonight and we couldn't stop her.  It was realy cute.
scottnlena
Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2008 11:56:21 PM

Ok, I was really hesitant about all this.  But here goes.  Jeeze this is kinda wierd.

That's me and someone special doing a little thing at a nursing home.  I taught Ballroom ages ago.  what a woman. 

My trading gear.

Note pad for first cut picks, and daily diary, thoughts on the broader market action steps for the next tradign day, 22" monitor and practicaly rebuilt presario.  500 GIG Hard drive with 40 gig slave, Nvidia graphics card DVD player recorder and about 5 more USB ports than I'll ever use and his and her mice.  Scanner with cruddy OCR for ocasional accademic work or graphics.  Web cam for video confrencing my in laws in Russia. Stock speakers, printer,keyboard.  Desk is 1950's era drafting/office table that I HATE LUGGING around to each new office location.   But I've gotten used to it.

It's like the family alchoholic.. you hate them but can't seem to bring your self to leave them at the rest stop.

I drive a 2002 Black civic that gets great mileage.  I wanted to take her picture but she's sensitive ... a branch fell on her and left a mark on her noggin  and tail during a wind storm. Other car is a god knows when subaru used primarily for hauling my kayaks and Logs around. (avid wood carver)

One of my recent bowls.. in Red Elm.  It's hard to see here but the hair line cracks that formed while it was drying were filled with crushed Turquoise.  Elm is a pain to work.

This one was sent to France.

tobydad
Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2008 11:59:37 PM

Wait til they start wearing the mac & cheese....not quite as cute. My wife just reminded me about Bill Cosby's quote that children go through a stage wear they get most of their nutrition by osmosis. Smeared all over them. 

Fun stage...glad to be over it. 

Your house? That's your house? We were told we were buying it from a struggling trader, just never knew it was you. Small world.
tobydad
Posted : Monday, July 28, 2008 12:04:55 AM

You've got great legs Scott but your shoes are on backwards.
tobydad
Posted : Monday, July 28, 2008 12:40:20 AM

By the way, talk about cuties! That little one on your comp screen is adorable. If I didn't have so many of my own....
Apsll
Posted : Monday, July 28, 2008 2:21:17 AM

Scott & Tobydad, nice pics. Scott if you like Star Wars check out my home-made music video on the other forum in the lounge forum under tunes...
Booker
Posted : Monday, July 28, 2008 12:08:14 PM
Well, what the heck. I might as well join the group. This is a pic of my work station on the right. The laptop in the middle is wireless and I use it around the house, in the sunroom, or outside sometimes. My wife uses the computer on the left to surf the web and also to do her hobbies.

I had a hard time finding a pic with me in it as I am the one that takes all the pics. But I did manage to find one where we took my in-laws out for breakfast when they visited us. That's my wife on the right side and me next to her.
davidjohnhall
Posted : Monday, July 28, 2008 1:20:30 PM

It's great to see everyone and put faces to the names.  Looks like you have a great family there, tobydad.  Congratulations.  And booker, that is one clean office!  Thanks to Apsll for getting this started.

David John Hall
scottnlena
Posted : Monday, July 28, 2008 3:07:33 PM

QUOTE (tobydad)
Wait til they start wearing the mac & cheese....not quite as cute. My wife just reminded me about Bill Cosby's quote that children go through a stage wear they get most of their nutrition by osmosis. Smeared all over them. 

Fun stage...glad to be over it. 

Your house? That's your house? We were told we were buying it from a struggling trader, just never knew it was you. Small world.

they sold my house !  I thought he realator lady was lost!