Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Fuel & CDY Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Apsll
Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2007 7:50:15 AM

Fuel is breaking out of a triangle pattern and has been under accumulation for some time..

CDY is a good momentum stock (IMO) that is breaking through some resistance and I beleive will continue its current move up..

Indicators look great for both stocks right now and I think that they are both good buys above their current closing prices...

(IMO)

Apsll...
sharkattak
Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2007 9:26:14 AM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

I agree with you, apsll...does look like it's ready to move out and up. Vol moved up significantly on yesterday's gains as well.
scottnlena
Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2007 10:35:48 AM

I love this kind of set up!
Apsll
Posted : Friday, April 6, 2007 1:01:03 PM

FUEL looks like it has some more work to do, but CDY is ready to go. Every thing is in place.

CDY - Look at Money Stream, BOP, Volume and the 50 day xma is just getting ready to cross the 400 day xma. TSV is rising up also..

Do not miss this one...

(IMO)

Apsll...
creekchad
Posted : Friday, April 6, 2007 1:44:49 PM
Agree, I'm in this from 2.79. IMO--I'm seeing the next leg up hitting the 3.47 area from last May..
creekchad
Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2007 10:41:16 PM
CDY--- Very interresting action today Apsll . I'm still holding. Looks as though we may be in for a little triangle action. I expect some bounce out of this tomorrow ( Thursday ). Your thoughts ?
Apsll
Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2007 7:46:18 AM

CDY is bouncing off support right now (from April of 2006 and July-August of 2005)

It has a nice (hammer) candlestick pattern and I agree that it will bounce, (of corse there is no guarantee of that). I would put a hidden stop loss right under the low of the current formation (from 4/02/07) at $2.50 (10% loss from your $2.79 buy in), it is semi risky but your up-side potential is far greater..

Look at the HNC indicator, all the trend lines are converging, so this is at a decision point.

A swing trader would say that this is a good entry for this security. One lsat thing - The trend is still your friend and stochastics is building a momentum patern in the higher regions (wich is very positive)

Good luck..

Apsll...
Apsll
Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2007 7:49:34 AM

I forgot to mention that FUEL is a very good buy right now.

(IMO)

Apsll...
tobydad
Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2007 8:01:15 AM

apsll;
Thanks for pointing this out.

FUEL would be a good example for Scottnlena and jcfla7, both of whom asked about my thoughts on the next few trades.

3/28 very nice strong move, still firmly rooted in the UBB20 with excellent support from the LR30.
3/29 gap up on high volume, (exhaustion buying); becomes completely detached from the UBB20 and has lost all support from the LR30. The next few days should be no surprise.
After a strong upward move, disconnection from the UBB20 is never a good thing.
Perfect time to begin engaging the buy-order-over-each-consecutively-lower-hod program. This should have gotten you in somewhere around 4/10 at something over 1.65. Now you're nestled in there for this next leg up.
Or take your 4+% one day move and be done with it.
But when you see a strong move and then retreat, the buy over the highs thing is a fairly safe way to find the sweet spot.
creekchad
Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2007 10:50:24 AM
tobydad--Apsll--Thanks for your help....
Apsll
Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2007 8:24:47 AM

CDY - Price has still not breached the stop loss at $2.50 It came close at $2.52 but you should still be in this.

If price breaks above Fridays high of $2.64 then I will buy more shares (to cost average my price per share). Do not mistake the decent in TSV as a sell signal, I see this a lot. I have complete faith in this pattern and will stay with it at least to the stop loss. (I even have a plan to make money from this if we are stoped out). Buy the way you got in at a better price then I did..

I am not saying that you have to stay in this with me, but if you do then we will both walk away with a profit..
Apsll
Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2007 8:59:30 AM

Creekchad I should add that you should not take on any risk that you do not feel comfortable with. I play these stocks this way because I have experience and feel comfortable with this type of chart pattern.

I know that I will take a profit from this stock one way or another, but you might not be as sure about that as I am..

Buy the way I do not have a physical stop in place (as I suggest that you do at $2.50) because I can watch the market all day, but that is where I will sell if the price reaches that level (and I do not believe that it will)

Any way I just wanted to put this dis-claimer out there.

Apsll...
Apsll
Posted : Monday, April 16, 2007 12:28:14 PM

Creekchad, did you get stoped out? Price bounced right off the $2.50 and started back up. I am staying in this to see where it goes. I want to tell you to buy back in , but that would not be fair to you if it goes down further..

Let me know what your status is, if you are out or in..

Apsll...
creekchad
Posted : Monday, April 16, 2007 1:13:55 PM
Still in ,came within seconds of selling. I'm showing the low today at 2.49 but went down on low volume so I held. It WILL be interresting to see how this turns out today. Later, Have a good day..
Apsll
Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2007 5:34:20 PM

Creekchad, I am going to hold this for a while. When it starts back up then I will buy a bunch more.

BOP is just to consistant for this thing to fall apart. I say that it will come down a little more or even consolidate.

Stochastics and CCI are reaching the over sold teritory. And the 50 day sma is getting ready to cross the 400 day sma..

Let me know what you think.. (I told you that I am not walking away from this without a profit)...
creekchad
Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2007 10:23:39 PM
I'm with you on everything you stated. I took a good hard look at the chart after the close yesterday and the more I studied it the more I was convinced that it was consolidating. Noticing the long term bowl patern I also decided not to sell. The weekly chart still looks promising. Best of luck to you with this.
Apsll
Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2007 1:50:16 PM

you still hanging in there Creekchad???
creekchad
Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2007 4:25:13 PM
Yah still here, I bailed on CDY around 2.48.It appears as though the correction may be over on this. IMO. Later.