Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: sharkattak
About
User Name: sharkattak
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 271
[0.09% of all post / 0.04 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Question
Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2011 10:27:07 AM
Sounds interesting but still trying to figure out how to download to my AndroidX. Any hints?
Topic: Unable to use Search Function on Boards: Get "An Error Occurred in the DataBase"
Posted: Saturday, February 13, 2010 3:43:33 PM
Thx for replies, Bruce and Bob. Bob-tried click vs enter method, no diff for me, but appreciate the suggestion. Bruce, since this is a known problem, can I assume that tech is looking for a solution? Thx.
Topic: Unable to use Search Function on Boards: Get "An Error Occurred in the DataBase"
Posted: Sunday, February 7, 2010 1:36:15 PM
Hi, Posted this problem on Bug Discussion Board but never got a response so trying here. I used to search the discussion boards frequently with excellent results. Past  few months, =>90% of the time I get no results, only "An Error Occurred in the Database". I haven't changed my OS or pc which suggests the problem may be in your search function. Please advise. Would LOVE to be able to search again...a very valuable tool. Thanks.
Topic: Coppock Indicator
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 9:22:07 AM
Thanks, Diceman. I had somehow missed the more clear 2008 thread. Appreciate your help.
Topic: Coppock Indicator
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 8:32:57 PM

Hi, I'm usually not stumped by PCF's but for some reason can't get my head around this one. I read the 2007 thread on it, but am still baflled. Here is a description from SafeHaven:

"The Coppock Curve is a monthly indicator which can be applied to various markets. For example, we can apply it to the Dow Jones Industrial Average.

To calculate the Monthly DJIA Coppock Curve all we need is the DJIA time series and a spreadsheet. Let's assume we have calculated the Monthly DJIA Coppock Curve for a few years. Let's assume further that the 100th month in the time series has just ended and now we want to calculate the Coppock Curve value for that month.

Here is the formula in plain English:

Step 1. We calculate the percentage change in the DJIA from Month 86 to Month 100 (from last close to last close).

Step 2. We calculate the percentage change in the DJIA from Month 89 to Month 100 (from last close to last close).

Step 3. We add the two percentages. We then keep this sum (and the 9 sums we previously obtained in the same way for the preceding 9 months) ready for weighting.

Step 4. Consider the weights 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. Using multiplication, we assign these 10 weights respectively to the sums we attained in Step 3 for each month from Month 91 through Month 100. Month 91 will have a weight of 1. Month 100 will have a weight of 10. We then combine all 10 weighted sums in order to arrive at a weighted total.

Step 5. We multiply by 10 the weighted total obtained in Step 4. This gives us the Monthly DJIA Coppock Curve value for Month 100."

What would the PCF be? Thanks very much!

Topic: New to Dragons: Does WCRX Qualify?
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 5:54:24 AM
QUOTE (ben2k9)

I then look for a decisive change in character...a high volume break out of the consolidation pattern.

Its also a good bet to buy the stock upon the first low volume pullback to the breakout point.  Since this was a breakaway gap on WCRX, I would buy this near $19 like it hit a couple days ago or if it happens to get close to it again. 

Thx, Ben. I tend to have an itchy trigger finger. So the above suggestions are helpful. It almost sounds like a fractal: a very small dragon from the dragon's jaws before the real BO.
Posted: Monday, September 7, 2009 5:33:28 PM
Thx, DJH! Glad you liked the chart elaboration. Will have to learn how to post. And IntoTheTrade, thx for feedback. I'll have to study DJH's lengthy strings explaining Dragon Hunting, Slayer strategies and such. He and others have offered lots of interesting info.
Posted: Monday, September 7, 2009 10:29:14 AM
Thx for feedback, Bcraig...appreciated.
Posted: Monday, September 7, 2009 10:02:46 AM
QUOTE (funnymony)
maybe if you give it some ears and an eyeball it might qualify as a dragon.

Funny$, did so for you here (still need to figure out how to post charts directly-have to get to diceman's link of instructions): tinyurl.com/nozc5l
Posted: Sunday, September 6, 2009 9:21:46 PM
Thanks, Diceman. You are a jack of all trades....so to speak.