Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

---WARNING--- LONGS CLOSE OUT POSITIONS NOW! Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
nwcoldfront
Posted : Friday, July 14, 2006 2:16:31 PM
POTENTIAL OF MARKET CRASH IS INCREASING...

PERFECT STORM DEVELOPING.

ONLY CONSIDER TO BE LONG ENERGY/OIL AT THIS TIME.

<:o)
r1cowan7
Posted : Sunday, July 16, 2006 3:04:56 PM
Doesn't wave theory trading mostly pertain to American large cap stocks?

One area I believe will do well is the OIX which is projected to reach 700 so we both agree ENERGY/OIL is a good place to be.

Back to the wave theory of trading, doesn’t it have the greatest affect on American large cap companies for example the wave theory shows more direction of the Dow, SP500, and NASDAQ while the Amex has done fairly well (in my opinion). Point I'm making is I don't buy allot of stocks in the Dow and SP500 because they don't move fast enough for me so I trade more in the Amex, anyway, I agree with you that the markets are taking a beating and to be extremely cautious but I don't know if I agree about my portfolio being all cash, maybe just don't buy stocks in the Dow, SP500, or NASDAQ is a better way to make the wave theory point.

Just my opinion.
nwcoldfront
Posted : Monday, July 17, 2006 4:20:33 PM
Longs may use the coming larger degree wave 2 bounce as an exit point.

After we bottom short term in the next few weeks, the official EWF calls for the small wave 2 bounce through August.

But I would not wait too long...

To make a comparison....

If this coming bear market was a hurricane it would be equivalent to a category 5+ storm barreling down on your home town.

Make preparations now.

survivor
Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2006 11:14:52 AM

You may very well be right truemaster. I have been out of the market since the end of May.

I've been away for the last several weeks.......have some catching up to do. Do you think it's better to sell short, or buy put options at this point? Thx for your insight.
garybluemel
Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2006 10:47:56 PM
predicting market trends is a tough call
raymond2168
Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2006 1:02:47 AM
by the end of the week might be right on.This market can turn on a dime and has.Theres so much news happenn day trading might be the safe way too trade.
Golfman25
Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2006 11:57:45 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Closing S&P 500 on 7/14: 1236.20
Closing S&P 500 on 9/1: 1311.01
Percent change: 6.05%

Congragulations, looks like you picked the low of the up move.

bknight
Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2006 9:40:59 PM
QUOTE (Golfman25)
Closing S&amp;P 500 on 7/14: 1236.20
Closing S&amp;P 500 on 9/1: 1311.01
Percent change: 6.05%

Congragulations, looks like you picked the low of the up move.

Not to get in the middle of this, but if you read the third post carefully, you'll note:

"After we bottom short term in the next few weeks, the official EWF calls for the small wave 2 bounce through August."

If one studys the EW principle and look at charts anyone can see the wave structure "after" the wave is complete. Predicting is much more difficult and those predictions are a best guess, that may actually come out wrong because of the analysis. This is especially true in dealing with corrective waves as they are very numerous.
Golfman25
Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2006 10:41:21 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Bknight,

Yes, but in the title and first post he is screaming at us to close our longs NOW! and that a "PERFECT STORM" is developing and that the market has potential to CRASH. This is after a 7% decline from May 9 to June 14 and 3 days of selling into that June 14th low. Then in another post on August 1st he tells us to cover longs and that the "TITANIC" will begin sinking. Market is up 3% from that "signal." I am all for a reasoned discussion of elliot wave and other analysis techniques, but we can do without the drama. Good luck.

diceman
Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2006 11:37:42 PM
Quote:" I am all for a reasoned discussion of elliot wave and other analysis techniques, but we can do without the drama. Good luck."

There are those who are interested in reasonable debate and those

who speak with other agendas.

InvestOverTime
Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2006 11:39:47 PM
QUOTE (garybluemel)
predicting market trends is a tough call

Yeah, especially when you are correct... because then everyone expects you to do it again!
Sir Bollinger band width
Posted : Sunday, September 3, 2006 7:57:55 PM
The market is going higher. There may be a small pullback here, but the market is definitely going higher.

Surf is up and Heavy Waves are coming

Heavy

Heavy has a couple of meanings. When used as in 'Heavy Waves' it means big, gnarly, kick ass waves.
nwcoldfront
Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2006 7:17:38 PM
The only wave coming is a rogue wave of selling that will seemingly come out of "Nowhere"...

Wave 2's can retrace deep and at various levels, and we are at one of the deepest levels right now.

The next time a CATEGORY 5 Hurricane is barreling down on the U.S. coast and Max Mayfield warns people be sure to call him "dramatic".

Prechter and Hochberg are both warning of a similar impending disaster in the markets.

This is not dramatic.

Use your heads...Proceed with caution!!!

deckerjt
Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2006 8:01:37 AM
Actually, I think we will see a rally going into the elections. I believe this because I think that there is manipulation of the markets in place. A case in point was when consumer sentiment came out a couple of weeks ago. Markets began to tank ... and then ... out of nowhere came a rally.

Comments?

Jim