Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

V16 GOLD account is showing 15-minutes delayed quotes/charts Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
petieboy
Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 2:48:59 PM

With V16, the charts are only showing data up to 15-minutes before the current time (e.g. clock on the actual chart says 2:30:00PM while the current time is 2:45:00PM.)

With v12.5, on the same workstation, the charts are up to the current second with BATS real-time data.

Is there a setting somewhere on V16 you have to enable for BATS real-time data?

Thanks.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 3:14:56 PM

Worden Trainer

While it may be added later, the current build of TC2000 version 16 does not have any option to enable BATS data. It is either 15 minute delayed or full RT.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
busterram
Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 3:57:49 PM

Looks like v16 is basically good only for platinium users. gold users can use it @ EOD

Fair statement?

petieboy
Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 4:07:14 PM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

While it may be added later, the current build of TC2000 version 16 does not have any option to enable BATS data. It is either 15 minute delayed or full RT.

Thanks Bruce. Hopefully this will be added soon for GOLD users.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 4:34:03 PM

Worden Trainer

busterram,
I'm not sure I'd consider it a fair statement to say v16 is basically good only for Platinum users or that it is EOD only for Gold users. The data is 15 minute delayed, but it is still intraday.

BATS data is always a compromise (albeit a very good one for many users). You get near streaming RT for some symbols and data which may is well just be 15 minute delayed for other symbols. It just matters how much the symbol trades and if those trades are happening on the BATS exchange. The nice thing about this particular compromise (besides it being included at no extra charge with Gold in v12) is that it is easier to get in and out of the types of liquid stocks where the BATS data actually works best in the first place.

The "big feature" of TC2000 v16 is the paper trading (and actual trading with a TradeFire account). So at least in its initial release, any legacy features which interfere with the trading features are not in TC2000 v16 (but are still available in TC2000 v12.5 and TC2000 v12.6).

Paper trading was not working correctly with the BATS data, so BATS data isn't in TC2000 v16. If we can get paper trading working correctly with BATS data it will come back. It could also come back as an option that only works when paper trading is not active.

petieboy,
You're welcome. I hope it comes back soon as well.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
busterram
Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 5:42:35 PM

Understood. Thank you for the detailed explanation Bruce. Appreciate it. 

iestech
Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2015 6:43:28 PM

Experienced and loyal TC2000 users prefer BATS real time data over the paper trading feature. Please enable the option to deactivate the paper trading to allow BATS data.

billion
Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 1:40:33 PM

I echo the preference of BATS over paper trading. Cheers!

tc451
Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 4:08:22 AM

I second that.

Who the hell would want / need Papertrade functionality with his charting software (makes me wonder if Worden's Product Developers are finally losing it ...)???

I use TC because it offers better charting functionality compared to my broker.

Instead of gimmicky nice-to have features, imho Worden could provide more value to  serious TC users by turning it's charting from great to outstanding (poll users for what they want / need most ) and by offering more markets / datafeeds - like for instance European Equities, Commodities / Futures, Options ...

shakazuluwarrior
Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 4:38:17 AM

QUOTE (tc451)

I second that.

Who the hell would want / need Papertrade functionality with his charting software (makes me wonder if Worden's Product Developers are finally losing it ...)???

I use TC because it offers better charting functionality compared to my broker.

Instead of gimmicky nice-to have features, imho Worden could provide more value to  serious TC users by turning it's charting from great to outstanding (poll users for what they want / need most ) and by offering more markets / datafeeds - like for instance European Equities, Commodities / Futures, Options ...

Ditto! . Anyone noticed the basic news feeds have also been disabled in this version. Update that disables and removes needed functions is a "downgrade" , Now we have to go fishing for any news on any ticker. This will be my last month of service after 6yrs. Enough of the worthless downgrades disguised as upgrades.

busterram
Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 9:58:00 AM
Shakazuluwarrior:

Compared to last year, this year Worden has improved a bit but there is still lot of room to be desired. We still have many unfixed bugs pending and whether if it will be fixed at all is still unknown. See this pending list with an open letter to management that never got answered.

I guarantee you that that post was read by the management but they don't have the courtesy nor the courage to standup and defend the decisions they are making for investing valuable resources on building features that noone uses.

The challenge is there is small or zero correlation between what is needed to be worked upon in their software to help their paid customers versus what their development is actually working on. So the result is they add 10 features out of which may be 1 or 2 is useful and the rest 8 to 9 features goes waste. Essentially all the money we as customers pay to get a good working software is spent on developing useless features that noone would ever use. That is the sad state  of affairs and hope that gets resolved sometime soon.

I am hopeful things will change for the better. Their technical support (Bruce / Stockguy) is very good and their software is decent and just need reorientation of their development priorities to get the software in a better shape soon. Hope that happens fast before its too late.
Putt4Dough
Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 11:07:44 AM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

The "big feature" of TC2000 v16 is the paper trading (and actual trading with a TradeFire account). So at least in its initial release, any legacy features which interfere with the trading features are not in TC2000 v16 (but are still available in TC2000 v12.5 and TC2000 v12.6).

Thanks for the update & clarification Bruce! 

Personally I welcome the paper trading - and actual trading once options are supported - but I can see folks getting #$%^&! about losing their legacy features.

Given that Worden & Tradefire share common ownership, it looks like (just my opinion) v16 is a way to get folks to try and eventually open a TradeFire account. Nothing wrong with that - I look forward to the day I can trade options intraday all on one screen without flipping between apps on my laptop while I'm on the beach drinking margaritas :)

I have to believe v12.5 and v12.6 aren't going anywhere any time soon, and v16 is beta (whether or not it's called that). Legacy features will be baked in as time goes on.

If you're not interested in paper trading or TradeFire, I'd stick w/ v12.6 until v16 has a chance to mature a little more.

Maybe v16 will add enough TradeFire accounts and commissions that "common ownership" can hire some help for Michael :)

I miss the Chicago visits and I've given up on those, but webinars would be nice given the new features. I'm sure we'll get some video tutorials soon, but I miss hanging out w/ Michael and Julia and Tal and Gary.

Happy Friday!

busterram
Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 11:49:30 AM

Putt4Dough:

Happy Friday. Thank you for the note. I don't disagree with  your sentiment that there is nothing wrong in adding tradefire related enhancements. 

Almost all / Majority of the customers who subscribe to tc2000 do so for high quality charts. And there are many free options out there for SIM trading. The trade fire enhancement is cosmetic at best with limited or no usage for tc2000 customers who care for high quality charts.

So as a paid customer using tc2000 for charting, I would love and expect the management to give more importance to features that directly help paying customers who pay for high quality charts first before adding other features that are not directly helping the paid customers. 

If the ratio is like 20% effort on other features and 80% on features that directly helps paying customers than its ok. The challenge now is only 5 to 10% of the features they add seem to be useful and the rest (90%) become a waste. And hence the concern.

I am sure you agree with that as well based on I have read many posts you have posted in the recent past for lack of bug fixing in tc2000.

Thank you and have a good day

Putt4Dough
Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 12:32:33 PM

Yeah, being a software developer myself, bug fixing is a pet peeve :)