Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Putt4Dough
About
User Name: Putt4Dough
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,072
[0.36% of all post / 0.18 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: my old questions
Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2016 11:52:28 AM

I know the "Watch This Topic" feature hasn't been working lately, but it still has one other use...

If you develop a habit of clicking "Watch This Topic" every time you post, you can click on "My Profile" then click on "Subscriptions". That will display a list of all the posts you are "Watching..."

And if they ever fix this feature, you'll also get a notification when someone has replied. 

Bruce, I know this feature is such a productivity boost for you, maybe you can remind the developers how much this fix would help you help your customers. ;)

Topic: Peter Worden's Notes
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 10:31:50 AM

Yeah, I never used Live Chat Support before, so I was curious. They just told me there's no way to download & install v12.6. Good thing I never uninstalled it. Real programmers always have a software backout plan. ;)

Personally, I'm fine with v16, but a lot of folks on this forum seem to have no clue about why v16 exists, and freak out when they realize some features are gone ... running v12.5 in a browser is fine, but not being able to install v12.6 (which is just one version back) is a little disappointing. Again, I'm okay with it, but you're probably not scoring many points with customers. 

It's rather amusing (IMO) that you can install v7 but not v12.6. 

Topic: Weekly %Change in the SPY (from Wednesday's Close to Wednesday's Close)
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 5:27:37 PM

Thanks StockGuy!

I suppose I can always export the 500 bars of daily data and calculate the Wednesday to Wednesday percent change in Excel. That'll give me almost two years to work with. Should be enough for my needs.

Thanks again.

Topic: Weekly %Change in the SPY (from Wednesday's Close to Wednesday's Close)
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 4:56:11 PM

Hey Bruce,

I have a Weekly SPY chart with a Rate of Change % plot.

Now that SPY has weekly options that expire on Wednesdays, I'm also interested in the week-to-week change in the SPY (based on Wednesday closes).

Doable?

Topic: Peter Worden's Notes
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 4:40:38 PM

QUOTE (stocksniper)
Thank you for your response, but one has to ask,'WHY"?

It's complicated, but also pretty simple. Ask yourself:

"Self, what can I do with v16 that I could NEVER do in previous versions of TC2000?"

The answer is, place trades!

Now ask yourself, if Mr. Worden was dispensing notes about certain equities in the very same software that allows you to buy & sell those same equities, could that possibly be seen as a conflict of interest?

The Feds really don't have a sense of humor about these things. A lot of the functionality that is no longer available in v16 that folks took for granted in previous versions is simply due to the fact that v16 now includes a trading platform.

Don't blame Worden - write you local Congressman. :)

Topic: A Simple Trading Method
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 11:06:08 AM

Nice. Thanks, Bruce!!!

Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 10:47:37 AM

Bruce, another question...

I separated the individual PCFs in the bottom pane for now. Eventually I'll probably pin them off to the side.

What I ultimately care about are the Bullish and Bearish signals provided by the "compound" PCFs. How do I edit the PCFs to get both the red & green dots on the same row? Trying to save screen real estate...

Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 10:24:49 AM

I'm really beginning to be annoyed by that ampersand. :)

Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 10:22:42 AM

Thanks, Bruce. Been a while since I did the "Custom" thing; apparently haven't committed it to memory yet. By default I usually go to the "New" button first.

Trés Cool!! I've seen similar screenshots in the forums before - wondered how they did it. I shuffled the order a bit, but this techinique is awesome.

Thanks again!!

Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 10:01:14 AM

It's all coming back to me now...