Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Chris_Moody
About
User Name: Chris_Moody
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 9
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Export Symbols From Watch List
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 4:28:59 PM

Thanks Bruce...You do a great job.  I really appreciate all of your help.

Topic: Backtesting software?
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 9:47:50 AM

QUOTE (thewealthpilot)

Does anyone know of some "good" backtesting software that i can run on an iMac? Most of it seems to be for PCs.

thanks!

I just did a trial of  https://www.prodigiorts.com ... Full 64Bit and runs on MAC and PC.  They have their own coding language but it's drag and drop type building of coding.  Simple to learn and you can build very complex systems you just have to learn what basic functions they have and what combinations you need to add to get to the right place, but no writing formulas, no syntax etc.  They do a free 30 day trial.  They don't use TC2000 data b/c they provide real time data so it's a full platform vs. Just a backtester, but it;s specialty is building strategies and backtesting.

They support Stocks and Futures, No Forex as of yet.  

I've been trading a long time and I'm a huge MAC person so if you ever have any questions regarding Macs and Trading feel free to contact me. 

Topic: Export Symbols From Watch List
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 1:11:57 AM

Hello,

I ran a search regarding exporting symbols from a Watch List.  The posts were from 2005 and said select Databank, choose export, then select watchlist.

I'm using the latest version of 12.4 and I'm not finding a DataBank anywhere.  

I have Easyscans set up and I want to export out the symbols and if possible the data I have showing in the columns.  Is this possible?  The end goal is to put the symbols/data in Excel.

Thanks

Topic: Reference Previous Values of Custom Indicator
Posted: Thursday, March 6, 2014 6:20:28 PM

Bruce,

I added the indicator "TwiggsMoneyFlow" to my chart.

Then I added a 1 period Simple Moving Average referencing the Twiggs Money Flow which plots the Moving Average at the exact value of the Twiggs Money Flow.

If I change the offset of the Moving average it moves it back but the value shows todays value...so I don't see how this will work.

What you said above would work.  If within the last 5 days the indicator was below 0 and within the last 5 days the indicator is above 0 that would work.  I could then add in another condition saying it was above 0 today...which would === value being below 0 and being above 0 within the last 5 days AND the value is above 0 today....I would say this would give a 99%+ accuracy.

How would I say the value was below 0 and above 0 in the last 5 days?  And if I have to add in a 1 period SMA into the code of the Twiggs Money Flow indicator How would I do this?  The code for the Indicator is in the first post.  

Also depending on your answer to the question above if it&#39;s possible to say in the code the Twiggs Money Flow should be based on a Exponential Moving average of 41 periods then would it be possible to write the code and say.... CODE is < 0 within last 5 bars AND CODE > 0 within last 5 bars AND Code is > 0 today?  Although the last part Code > 0 today can easily be done in a separate scan condition...

Thanks for your help

Topic: Scan Formula based on Multiple of Average Volume, within last 5 days?
Posted: Thursday, March 6, 2014 5:41:46 PM

Thanks Bruce...Perfect

Topic: Reference Previous Values of Custom Indicator
Posted: Wednesday, March 5, 2014 4:32:22 AM

1.  I created a custom Indicator I named Twiggs Money Flow

2.  The Formula is:  (V*(4*C-2*C1-H-L-ABS(H-C1)+ABS(L-C1))

/(H-L+ABS(H-C1)+ABS(L-C1) +0.000001))

3.  But to get it to plot correct values In the Settings I chose Exponential for Average Type, and 41 for Period.

4.  I need to build a scan that says Twiggs Money Flow Crosses above 0 within last 5 Trading Days

5.  I created the Scan condition and saved it but it is referencing the current day.

6.  I read previous posts that you couldn&#39;t reference previous data on a custom PCF. Is this still true?  If so can I create other versions of this Indicator that plot the value 1 day back, 2 days back etc.?  Any workarounds or solutions would be GREATLY appreciated. 

Thanks for your help...
Posted: Wednesday, March 5, 2014 3:37:27 AM

Here is the formula I was referring to in the post above....

V>(3*XAVGV50) OR V1>(3*XAVGV50) OR V2>(3*XAVGV50) OR V3>(3*XAVGV50) OR V4>(3*XAVGV50) OR V5>(3*XAVGV50)

Posted: Wednesday, March 5, 2014 3:35:38 AM

This formula is returning the correct volume of current day and each of the past 5 days but it is comparing it to todays -- 3 times the the 50 Day EMA (Value) --

How can I get the volume of each day to compare to the -- 3 times the the 50 Day EMA (Value) -- for each of the past 5 days?

Thanks,,,,

Posted: Wednesday, March 5, 2014 3:09:28 AM

Can someone PLEASE help me out with writing this formula for a Scan?

Volume is Greater than 3 times the 50 Day EMA within the last 5 trading days

Thanks for your help....