Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Backtesting software? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
thewealthpilot
Posted : Monday, August 5, 2013 11:52:43 AM

Does anyone know of some "good" backtesting software that i can run on an iMac? Most of it seems to be for PCs.

thanks!

LetsTradeNow
Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 1:14:37 PM

Good Morning thewealthpilot,

I use alot of different software applications for my own trading.  However, for backtesting I don't know of any that are better or more comprehensive than OmniTrader.

marklml
Posted : Saturday, March 8, 2014 7:42:20 PM

is omnitrader currently able to use tc 2000 data?

loneflycaster
Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2014 11:52:20 AM

If you have TC-2000 v.7, then you can use that data.  First update TC-2000, then open OmniTrader.  Backtesting is automatic for any indicator you set up as a strategyt.

gfm14519
Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 11:11:23 AM

Fidelity has a program called wealth lab pro...runs on the MAC  Gotta beg to have it or a bundle invested

Chris_Moody
Posted : Friday, March 28, 2014 9:47:50 AM

QUOTE (thewealthpilot)

Does anyone know of some "good" backtesting software that i can run on an iMac? Most of it seems to be for PCs.

thanks!

I just did a trial of  https://www.prodigiorts.com ... Full 64Bit and runs on MAC and PC.  They have their own coding language but it's drag and drop type building of coding.  Simple to learn and you can build very complex systems you just have to learn what basic functions they have and what combinations you need to add to get to the right place, but no writing formulas, no syntax etc.  They do a free 30 day trial.  They don't use TC2000 data b/c they provide real time data so it's a full platform vs. Just a backtester, but it;s specialty is building strategies and backtesting.

They support Stocks and Futures, No Forex as of yet.  

I've been trading a long time and I'm a huge MAC person so if you ever have any questions regarding Macs and Trading feel free to contact me. 

mojodallas
Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 8:14:54 PM

I use AmiBroker and use TC 7 as the data feed.  Works fine.

geolinas
Posted : Monday, March 9, 2015 9:07:16 AM

Question for Chris_Moody:

I learned about prodigiorts.com platform by you. What do you think about the platform today, after one year? It is worth a trial? The drag & drop GUI strategy building feature is a must-have, and also the Mac availability. I am wondering if it works without bugs. Any thoughts are welcome..