Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Export Symbols From Watch List Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Chris_Moody
Posted : Friday, March 28, 2014 1:11:57 AM

Hello,

I ran a search regarding exporting symbols from a Watch List.  The posts were from 2005 and said select Databank, choose export, then select watchlist.

I'm using the latest version of 12.4 and I'm not finding a DataBank anywhere.  

I have Easyscans set up and I want to export out the symbols and if possible the data I have showing in the columns.  Is this possible?  The end goal is to put the symbols/data in Excel.

Thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, March 28, 2014 7:53:27 AM

Worden Trainer

TC2000 version 12.4 does not have a built in way to export a WatchList and its data like TC2000 version 7. If this is something you need to do, you would need to install TC2000 version 7 and use it.

New Installation of TC2000 version 7

TC2000 service gives you access to both TC2000 version 12.4 and TC2000 version 7.

You can copy the symbols but not the data from a WatchList by right-clicking on a symbol in that WatchList and selecting Copy All Symbols to... | Copy to Clipboard in TC2000 version 12.4. You can then paste the symbols into another program.

You can select More | Old Items | Today's Prices to bring up a Today's Prices report where you can highlight all the symbols and then use ctrl-c to copy both the symbols and column data of the Today's Price's report in TC2000 verison 12.4 so you can paste them into another program.

You can select the Export Chart Data icon (it looks like two small stacks of silver coins) on the chart to export all of the data for the indicators on the chart, but this only exports a single symbol at a time in TC2000 version 12.4.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Chris_Moody
Posted : Friday, March 28, 2014 4:28:59 PM

Thanks Bruce...You do a great job.  I really appreciate all of your help.

dbsilver
Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2014 5:44:20 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Bruce - Why was exporting a watchlist not implemented in version 12.4?  How long will Version 7 be supported?

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 12:04:16 PM

Worden Trainer

I don't know for sure why WatchList exporting was not implemented in TC2000 version 12.4. There is a big difference in the way the two programs work however.

To export all of the data from a WatchList in TC2000 version 12.4 would involve the serving sending all of the data to your computer at the time of the export. So every time you exported, you would have to download all of the data.

You download all of the data to your computer when using TC2000 version 7. So you don't have to re-download all of the data again every time you want to export data.

There are no plans to discontinue TC2000 version 7.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
skutney
Posted : Monday, February 2, 2015 8:05:14 AM

I get an error when exporting data from version 7. The message says error with  no more detail. However, I noticed that more and more perferred stocks have been added to export all stocks.

To get around this problem I copied your system stock list to my owner personal watchlist called allstocks. I then go down the list manually and deleted the perferred stocks. Maybe the issue is that these stocks do not have volume or price data. Somehow they seem to be causeing the error. I doubt that I'm erasing all of them but it seems that  the export fails quickly. I erase only the perferred stocks that begin with A,B or C.

When  I do get an error it seems that the file that I used doesn't get reallocated and/or zeroed out. If I get an error the first time that I export I will get double data if I'm successful exporting the second time. My fix is to shutdown version 7, erase my export file and then restart version 7. Then export my personal watchlist called allstocks with some of the perferred stocks deleted.  

I'm using Windows 7 with the latest fixes. 

Thanks,

Steve 

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, February 2, 2015 12:53:01 PM

Worden Trainer

Please contact technical support.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles