Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Suggestion Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
retire06
Posted : Tuesday, August 5, 2014 12:50:17 PM

It will be a killer feature for line aterts to activate another alert, such as a condition alert....

retire06
Posted : Tuesday, August 5, 2014 12:52:18 PM

Basically I want to tell TC2000: When price gets to this line alert me of a specified price setup, idealy in a lower time frame..

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, August 5, 2014 2:28:44 PM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion. It has been submitted to development for consideration to be included as a feature in a future version of TC2000.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
retire06
Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2014 9:37:42 AM

This is what I am currently using to try to get long at a price area... I edit the MINL5 EVERY time BEFORE I set the alert for each stock.. For a rising trendline this cannot be used.

MINL5 < 00 AND C1 > O1 AND C1 - L1 > (H1 - L1)*.65 AND
C1 > C2 AND H1 >= MAXH2.1 AND (C2 < C3 OR C3 < C4)

Thanks again.

jchas
Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 2:12:47 PM

I'm trying to switch from hard-stops (which keep getting stolen) to alerts.  I use an H LINE to mark my desired exit price and move it up every day.

Would really really help if the alert price based on that H LINE would automatically update when the H LINE is moved.

Similar to how Alerts currently work when crossing MAs -- you set it once and forget it.

Any idea of the likelihood of this functionality being added?  Surely I'm not the only one who draws stops on their charts as H LINEs?

Thanks!

.../john

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

Thank you for your suggestion. It has been submitted to development for consideration to be included as a feature in a future version of TC2000.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 2:51:51 PM

Worden Trainer

I do not know how likely this is, but it would be a fairly significant change. The alerts currently create copies of whatever conditions are used as the trigger which are not linked to the original in any way.

Thank you for your suggestion.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Al_Gorithm
Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 3:08:08 PM

I've had a lot of coffee ... not sure this'll work, but since alerts apparently work crossing moving averages (never tried it myself, sounds cool) maybe you can take advantage of 1-period moving averages.

To prevent stop running, instead of drawing a horizontal line, maybe create a simple value PCF with the actual value you want the stop at. Call it AAPL_Stop (or whatever) to make it easy to remember. Then use that as the data source for a 1-period moving average. Then base the alert on the MA. Then maybe update the value inside the PCF instead of dragging a line up or down. Maybe then the alert will fire when your moving average (which is really a horizontal line) is crossed.

Maybe.

If my hands weren't shaking so much I'd try it, but kudos for ditching hard stops ... the only things worse than stop runners are car salesmen. (Hope you're not a car salesman, LOL).

Al_Gorithm
Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 3:13:00 PM

Of course, that still might run (pun intended) into the issue Bruce mentioned - alerts create copies that are not dynamically linked so they don't update. 

Us techies call them "Immutable". Feel free to use that to impress guests at your next cocktail party.

markhike
Posted : Thursday, August 31, 2017 10:40:39 AM

QUOTE (UnclePennybags)

Of course, that still might run (pun intended) into the issue Bruce mentioned - alerts create copies that are not dynamically linked so they don't update. 

Us techies call them "Immutable". Feel free to use that to impress guests at your next cocktail party.

UP, I like your ideas. Alerting is one of the best features of TC2000. But I would restrain from talking about TC2000 at a cocktail party :)

Al_Gorithm
Posted : Thursday, August 31, 2017 11:11:14 AM

QUOTE (mdhuang)

UP, I like your ideas. Alerting is one of the best features of TC2000. But I would restrain from talking about TC2000 at a cocktail party :)

Not if you preface your remarks with how much money you make using TC2000. I know it works for me - the baristas are impressed...