New version 17 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: mdhuang
About
User Name: mdhuang
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 46
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: TC prices
Posted: Saturday, February 24, 2018 7:13:13 PM

I have found this all the time after you have been running it for a while (like overnight). Solution is to restart it.

Topic: V18 TO V17
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2018 9:47:26 PM

Found an usability issue with the replacement of EasyScan. I subscribe to some third party resources of TC2000 which you can access from the Library. It include some EasyScans with their own column sets. On V17, when I open one of the EasyScan, it shows up with its own column set. On V18, when I open it, it just becomes a condition set against the S&P 500 list and there is no way to access the column set.

This is a serious shortcoming of the V18. Bruce, I would suggest that V18 should automatically convert all EasyScans to ComboList with all three elements included: The Source List, the Condition Set and the Default Column set. For those of us who already have dozens of own EasyScans or third party EasyScans, some of them contain their own column set, it would be very time consuming or even impossible (especially for default column set) to re-create them manually in V18.

Don't get me wrong, I like the combo list concept which is more porwerful and actually improve my workflow. If we can have the auto-conversion, it would be a win-win situation to convince people to move to V18.

Topic: What's New?
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2018 12:19:23 PM

You would need to go to V17 if you want good scanning capability. The PCF in 12.6 and V16 is crappy. The brokerage link is not very intrusive and not a big deal. The V18 is good too with additional enhancements, but is not yet stable. Stick to V17 for now.

Topic: TC2000 V.18 Changing Candles Anyone?
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2018 9:57:20 PM

I believe this is caused by rounding artifacts due to the low prices of the stock. Those two graphs have slightly different zoom levels. Small inaccuracy in streaming data is very normal, no matter what software you use. It shouldn't affect your trading.

Topic: v18 beta missing EasyScans?
Posted: Thursday, February 01, 2018 9:15:26 PM

I do wish they convert all my easyscans to combo list instead of just condition sets. Now I need to re-create my dozens of easyscans in combo lists if I want to display the name in a tab.

Posted: Thursday, February 01, 2018 9:05:32 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome "Combo List" if you miss "EasyScan". You can throw mutiple lists and multiple conditions into the Combo List and its name does show up in the tab!

Topic: V18 TO V17
Posted: Thursday, February 01, 2018 8:52:20 PM

It seems the latest V18 beta has replaced EasyScan with "Combo List" in which you can combine multiple lists with multiple conditions. The Combo List name also shows up at the tab.

So, for those who rely on EasyScan for your work flow, now you have the more powerful "Combo List". 

I do wish the "Combo List" is not the final name. We need something cooler!

Posted: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 9:43:10 PM

I think they should keep both. EasyScan=Watchlist+ConditionSet. They are not the same thing. It is good to have the new ConditionSet concept which is usefule in the workflow. Keeping both would be a win-win situation.

Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 10:28:44 PM

Converting "EasyScan" to "Condition Set" may also have some drawbacks. Easyscan is not just a condition set. It also contains the watchlist the conditions applying to. Most importantly its name shows up on the tab so that you can have multiple Easyscans side by side.

Going back to V17 at the moment until they fix all these issues.

Topic: V17 Latest Beta Problems V18.0.6550.32790
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 10:14:28 PM

Yes. That's a main problem if you use tabs. Please display the condition set name instead of the watchlist name on the tab.