New version 18 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: mdhuang
About
User Name: mdhuang
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 54
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Set line thickness on drawings
Posted: Sunday, April 01, 2018 1:11:49 PM

Ditto to this! I have been trying to ask for this for a long time. The vertical lines for the bar char is too thin (as I get older :)). Now the trend lines can be thicker, why not the bars too!

I don't use candles which were created and popularized to confused the mass. LOL. That would be another topic.

Topic: Migrating from v17 EasyScans to v18
Posted: Sunday, April 01, 2018 1:06:10 PM

I have to say the V18 upgrade is a bit messy. Not sure why the developers didn't realize that EasyScan is not just a condition set, it is A source list + A condition set + A default column set. We lost two third of the information in an EasyScan when upgrading to V18.

We can rebuild the easy scan using combo list IF people still remember all three components. The source list is fine, but I don't think all the default column sets can be re-constructed easily if they had not been saved to a named column set in V17.

So if Worden can automatically convert all EasyScans into Combo Lists for all users, not just to Condition Sets, that would go a long way to smooth the transition.

Topic: APT Indicator Working Flawlessly for 3 Years Now
Posted: Sunday, April 01, 2018 12:57:40 PM

Bruce, can you send me a copy thru TCMail?

/af :)

Topic: how far back in time can I get daily stock and index data
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2018 7:03:26 PM

You would need to use Monthly chart to go back to dot com crash. Or use TC2000 V7.

Topic: Elder Impulse
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2018 6:47:07 PM

Amazing trick to create this chart. Thanks a lot, Bruce.

Topic: Elder Impulse
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2018 8:55:00 AM

Bruce, I need a copy too. Appreciate it!

Topic: Scan for all conditions met several days ago
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2018 12:14:07 AM

One workaround is that combining all conditions into one condition and choose "x bars ago" as the "True" option.

Topic: how to add us stocks etf and adr to scan
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 5:41:15 PM

Two ways:

1. Add them to a watchlist but you need to update it every now and then (weekly probably(

2. Use the combo list in V18.

Topic: TC prices
Posted: Saturday, February 24, 2018 7:13:13 PM

I have found this all the time after you have been running it for a while (like overnight). Solution is to restart it.

Topic: V18 TO V17
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2018 9:47:26 PM

Found an usability issue with the replacement of EasyScan. I subscribe to some third party resources of TC2000 which you can access from the Library. It include some EasyScans with their own column sets. On V17, when I open one of the EasyScan, it shows up with its own column set. On V18, when I open it, it just becomes a condition set against the S&P 500 list and there is no way to access the column set.

This is a serious shortcoming of the V18. Bruce, I would suggest that V18 should automatically convert all EasyScans to ComboList with all three elements included: The Source List, the Condition Set and the Default Column set. For those of us who already have dozens of own EasyScans or third party EasyScans, some of them contain their own column set, it would be very time consuming or even impossible (especially for default column set) to re-create them manually in V18.

Don't get me wrong, I like the combo list concept which is more porwerful and actually improve my workflow. If we can have the auto-conversion, it would be a win-win situation to convince people to move to V18.