New version 17 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: mdhuang
About
User Name: mdhuang
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 14
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Long time user now closing account
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 6:53:54 PM

QUOTE (dario80)

@mdhuang I think Windows version is already very good

Yeah. Once my kid messed up with the iPad PINs. Those idiots at Apple designed the iPad to self destruct and there was no way to recover the photos I took over a couple years. Never APPLE again.

Topic: Long time user now closing account
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 10:33:54 PM

I would rather them spending time to improve TC2000 for the 99% of people using Windows or Parallel on Mac.

LOL.

Topic: PCF
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2017 10:26:49 PM

QUOTE (lc29470)

Hi Bruce, I have pcf for a Bullish  Macd cross,

XAVGC12 - XAVGC26 - XAVG(XAVGC12,9) + XAVG(XAVGC26,9) > 0 AND XAVGC12.1 - XAVGC26.1 - XAVG(XAVGC12.1,9) +XAVG(XAVGC26.1,9) <= 0

I wold like to add a Dot above the  candle when condition is true.

Can you help?

Thanks L.C.

abs(XAVGC12 - XAVGC26 - XAVG(XAVGC12,9) + XAVG(XAVGC26,9) > 0 AND XAVGC12.1 - XAVGC26.1 - XAVG(XAVGC12.1,9) +XAVG(XAVGC26.1,9) <= 0) * H * 1.005

Topic: v17 opening msg
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2017 10:18:17 PM

QUOTE (dblazen)

today when i opened v17 i had msg wether i want to run current ver or new beta.

there was also a link purporting to decribe the new beta features.

the link, however,  took me to a general descrip of v17, not the new beta features.

Yes. Got the same. It would be nice to get the actual release notes/readme of the beta.

Topic: Version 17 PCF Capabilities
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 12:11:58 PM

Hi Bruce,

Is it possible now in V17 to embed comments in the PCF code?

Thanks,

- Mark

Topic: Combine PCFs
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 12:03:56 AM

Thanks Bruce!

Very impressive improvements and now we can truly do some creative coding!

Topic: Combine PCFs
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2017 4:35:05 PM

Hi Bruce, where can I find the PCF enhancements for V17?

Topic: Volume Surge vs. Volume Buzz
Posted: Friday, October 07, 2016 3:42:04 PM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

I&#39;ll start by mentioning that fairly extensive testing was done along with follow-up in other threads at the time this was posted which indicated that the formulas given in my original response were the correct formulas and that Volume Buzz used the previous moving average while Volume Surge Today used the current moving average.

This doesn&#39;t mean there is any sort of guarantee the testing was right at the time or even if it was that the values don&#39;t use exactly the same basis today. I mention it mostly as a caution on the possibility of this previous testing being correct and possibly still be applicable. I have not done any recent tests.

Your idea as to how to convert Volume Buzz into the Zanger Volume Ratio is quite creative. The big issue I see with it as regards TC2000 is that there is no way to reference Volume Buzz in a Personal Criteria Formula or in an on chart indicator.

Hi Bruce, thanks for your comment.

I did the manual calculation today with multiple stocks. Was not able to get exact match of Vol Buzz for each of them, but the AVGV100 seems to result in closer Vol Buzz value than the AVGV100.1.

The values of AVGV100 and AVGV100.1 are usually very close for most stocks except for those with hugh vol spike on current day, in which case the Vol Buzz value is huge and standout. It doesn&#39;t make much difference to get a more accurate value since Vol Buzz is used for sorting anyway.

As to the ZVR, it is a shame we can&#39;t reference the Vol Buzz value. My solution is adding an indicator PCF column called ZVR Factor = AVGV100 / AVGV20.1 by the side of the Vol Buzz column. That way I can calculate in my mind the ZVR value by (Vol Buzz + 100) * (ZVR Factor).

I wish TC2000 can provide a shorter term Vol Buzz using 20-25 day moving average. 100 day is too long and not sensitive enough for swing trading (though it is still quite useful in observing breakout validity).

Posted: Friday, October 07, 2016 10:20:58 AM

QUOTE (StockGuy)

Yes, Volume Buzz compares the current volume to the 100 day average for that time of day.  Once the market closes, Volume Buzz and Volume Sure are essentially the same.

Thanks. I confirmed this by manually calculating some values today.

So the formula is: 100 * V / AVGV100 / (CurrentElapsedTimeInHours/6.5) - 100.

The reason I tried to figure out the exactly formala is I want to convert it to Zanger Volume Ratio which is using 20 avg as the base.

ZVR = (VolBuzz + 100) * AVGV100 / AVGV20.1

Posted: Friday, October 07, 2016 12:27:06 AM

Bruce,

At the end of the day, Vol Buzz = Vol Surge -1.0 exactly. 

So I am wondering that whether during the trading hours Vol Buzz = 100 * (V / AVGV100.1 - 1) * timepercentage. And at end of the day, it switches to 100 * (V / AVGV100 -1).

Would you explain?

- Mark