New version 18 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: jchas
About
User Name: jchas
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 23
[0.01% of all post / 0.04 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Most of Scan name hidden from view, despite lots of available room
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 11:56:04 AM

I have a *lot* of Scan Condition Sets that I've created.

The problem is that when they are selected, only the first 20 characters are shown (followed by ...) up at the top of the Watchlist.  So it's often difficult to figure out which Scan is currently in effect (many of mine differ by a Suffix, denoting currency, for instance).

However, there is a *ton* of room available, but unused, on that part of the screen still.

Would you be able to request that it show at least 50 characters for the Scan name??  That would be a *huge* help and help avoid errors of having the wrong Scan selected without realizing it.

Thanks!
.../john

Topic: Showing multiple current values at the right side of chart with multiple plots?
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 4:14:11 PM

thanks.  i've been wondering about that for a while

Topic: Showing multiple current values at the right side of chart with multiple plots?
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 3:41:33 PM

okay, so no left-right movement available like there is with watchlist columns?

Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 2:11:22 PM

is there a way to change which plot is the Primary plot after the fact?

Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 1:38:29 PM

At the right side of each chart is a current value, outlined with a box.

But when I add multiple plots to the same chart, and scale them to each other, it only shows the current value for *one* of the plots.

1) Is there a way to specify *which* plot it will show the outlined value for on the right?

2) Is there a way to show multiple outlined values on charts with multiple plots (e.g. one for each plot)?

Thx,

.../john

Topic: Using Ranking Condition Set as part of a chart plot?
Posted: Tuesday, June 05, 2018 3:41:23 PM

When I save a Condition Set, I can give it a name.

Can I then refer to that Condition Set >by name< from within any of the Add Plot selections (say, the Custom PCF % True Indicator)?

.../john

Topic: Creating a single Alert that fires if first condition is TRUE *or* second condition ranks in a range
Posted: Tuesday, June 05, 2018 1:48:06 PM

Thanks Bruce. Was hoping to avoid chewing up multiple Alerts for each symbol.

Topic: Using Ranking Condition Set as part of a chart plot?
Posted: Tuesday, June 05, 2018 1:46:12 PM

I have a Condition Set that uses *Ranking*, say top 30%, that I use as a Scan Condition.

What I&#39;d like to do is use that Condition Set to change the colour of a moving average plot on my chart.  e.g. show parts of the moving average plot as Green when my condition is true, and Red when it&#39;s false.

In the past, I&#39;ve used IIF&#39;s within a Custom PCF to return either:

a) the value zero (if false) or

b) my plot value (if true)

and created a plot for each colour I want to plot on my chart.

However, because this time I&#39;m using a Condition Set that uses Ranking, I can&#39;t write a Custom PCF for it and use the IIF method above to plot each colour.

How would I do this?

Thanks!
.../john

Topic: Creating a single Alert that fires if first condition is TRUE *or* second condition ranks in a range
Posted: Tuesday, June 05, 2018 12:41:16 PM

Trying to figure how to do this without creating 2 separate Alerts for each symbol.

I want the Alert to fire if

a) my first condition is true (using a custom PCF)

*OR*

b) my second custom PCF value Ranks in, say, the top 25% of all US Stocks.

If I needed them *both* to be true, then I could just add them as two conditions to my Alert&#39;s condition set.

But I&#39;d like the Alert to fire if *either* condition is true (a PCF boolean function OR a PCF value is in a certain Rank).

How would I do this without creating two independent Alerts for each symbol??

Thanks,

.../john

Topic: Bug in New Topic functionality appeared today
Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2018 3:22:24 PM

I took a screenshot but can&#39;t see how to paste it in one of these messages.