New version 18 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Al_Gorithm
About
User Name: Al_Gorithm
Groups: Gold User, Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,144
[0.39% of all post / 2.39 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Fun with Fire
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2018 2:21:34 PM

Thanks, StockGuy. Thanks, Bruce!

The FedEx guy just dropped off my spanking new Dell 17" Inspiron, so I'll keep the Fire HD 10 idea in my back pocket for now. I picked up a refurbished 14" HP for $150 a month or two ago, but I'm used to 17" screens on my laptop - 14" just seems tiny. 

I have a backback specifically designed for 17" laptops, so I'm probably going to just bring it to the office every day and use that for intraday trading.

Using the Fire tablet to remote into a Windows machine is a very interesting idea. Good to know. May come in handy down the road.

Tanks again.

Topic: Fun with Fire
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2018 11:55:43 PM

Happy Monday Bruce!

You're more up on hardware than I am these days. I was wondering - what do you think of the 10" Fire HD tablet for TC2000? They're only $149.

What I'm specifically interested in is trading spreads on the SPY. I currently have Gold, so I'd have to add real-time data. (I'm not ready for Platinum just yet).

Are tablets in general, and the Fire HD in particular, sufficient for looking at an option chain and placing trades? I'm not even really interested in loking at a chart for my SPY spreads ... I just want to see the current price of the SPY, the option chain, and then buy a call (or put) and sell a call (or put).

I have a spare laptop I can use at the office for my trading, but I thought using a tablet would be simpler, quicker, and more discreet.

Thanks!

Topic: Help Manual
Posted: Monday, October 01, 2018 6:09:34 AM

The Help Site is awesome. The old PDFs were great, but the online stuff is easier to maintain and disseminate.

And the vids are really good, though I've noticed Michael has been slacking off lately. ;)

Topic: ? ATR Percent
Posted: Monday, October 01, 2018 6:05:21 AM

Average Percentage True Range

Topic: price data download
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2018 7:34:10 PM

Don't know about an API.
Bruce or StockGuy or Support should know.

As for downloading price data: How to Export Chart Data

Topic: build in tc2000 ticker symbols
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2018 7:31:01 PM

Google it: Worden’s Market Indicators (T2s)

Topic: Trouble selecting candlesticks
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2018 8:03:56 AM

You can wait for Bruce or StockGuy, but my guess is they're going to direct you to support.

Customer Service is available via email, phone, and live chat: http://www.worden.com/Support/

Good luck!

Topic: Fun with TC2000
Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2018 9:19:01 PM

Hi Bruce,

Feel free to move this, but ... since this forum gets the most traffic, I thought this post would help the most people here.

Doug Campbell's Right Way Options YouTube Channel has tons of good stuff on it, but he loves TC2000, always recommends it, and finally got around the creating some videos specifically tailored to the software. Four videos so far, more hopefully on the way.

I'm not affiliated with Doug, or Right Way Options. Just a fan of his trading style ... and we both LOVE TC2000!

Enjoy!

TC2000 Software Instructional Videos | YouTube | Right Way Options

Topic: Fun with RSI's
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2018 8:50:04 PM

Lol. That's the one!! Catchy title, too.

Bruce, thanks for finding this. First chance I had all day to take a breath. Going to bookmark that post so I don't forget again.

For those interested, here's the setup, directly pasted from a free newsletter I got the other day. As I mentioned, it's free so we're not infringing on any copyright or intellectual property issues. And if you've never read any of Larry's stuff, go to TradingMarkets.com and sign up for the newsletter. Connors is all about objective, quantifiable, data-driven research. No hype or BS.

Enjoy!

Dear Connors Research Traders Journal Subscriber: 

Since the early 1990's when the VIX was launched, traders and researchers have debated whether or not the VIX predicted the direction on the S&P. We've shown in numerous studies, both on a short-term basis to as long as a 12-month basis that when done correctly it does. 

While we were doing new VIX research recently, we came across some interesting test results. The test results show evidence that SPY does a very good job of predicting the direction of VIX.

Here are the rules on the test that led to this conclusion: 

1. SPY is above its 200-day moving average 

2. The 4 period RSI of SPY is below 30    

3. Sell VIX (I'll explain how in a minute) 

4. Buy VIX back when the 4-period RSI of SPY is above 50. 

As you can see for over the past decade, when the above conditions in SPY have existed, VIX has declined exactly 90% of the time on average in under a week. Having researched and tested VIX since 1995, these results somewhat surprised me. I knew VIX led SPY and the correlation was fairly high. I didn't know that SPY led the value of VIX on such a high percentage of the times and to its extent.  

We're going to go further with this research. In the meantime, one of the ways to trade these directional edges is with VIX options. This can be done with ITM puts and with various VIX credit spread positions that can take advantage of both price and time. The VIX options reflect the pricing of the VIX futures. not the VIX index itself so you'll want to take that into account. But, anything that has accurately predicted the direction 90% of the time for over a decade can have trades constructed around it in order to take advantage of those large directional biases.

I hope you enjoy and learn from this issue of the Connors Research Traders Journal.

Larry Connors

Connors Research, LLC. 

Topic: Fun with RSI's
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2018 2:12:22 PM

lol. My typing sure sucks after a large lunch.