New version 18 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Al_Gorithm
About
User Name: Al_Gorithm
Groups: Gold User, Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,172
[0.40% of all post / 2.22 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Fun with Option Orders
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 4:24:56 PM

No worries. Was just amusing.

The good news is they did get back to me.

The bad news is that a Calendar Spread isn't one of TC's built-in Option Strategies, so I'd have to leg in one trade at a time.

Which means, for a Double Calendar, I'd have to execute four individual trades. One. At. A. Time.

Oi. :)

Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 3:45:23 PM

Bruce, lol.

Here's their response ...

Thank you for your inquiry. We are forwarding your email to support@tc2000.com.

For future reference, emails regarding TC2000 subscription services can be sent directly to support@tc2000.com

You should hear from them shortly.

-TC2000 Brokerage Support Team 
support@tc2000brokerage.com 

Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 3:34:40 PM

Thanks, Bruce!

Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 2:40:03 PM

Bruce,

Let me know if this is a question for the brokerage side of the house. I want to enter a 4-legged option trade, but it's not one of the given strategies ...

I'd like to enter a Double Calendar, which involves Calls, Puts, and two different Expiration Dates.

I tried to create my own option order ticket, but couldn't seem to make it work, I was limited to the expiration date of the option I highlighted prior to opening the trade ticket.

Can I place a Double Calendar 4-legged trade all at once in TC2000, or am I SOL?

Topic: Fun with Option Scanning
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 1:34:15 PM

Yeah, I know. Thanks, Bruce.

I use the 'Days' spinner at the top so I don't have to deal with the middle of a range. I just scroll down to the bottom. Still, ... :)

Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 1:09:16 PM

Bruce, I already have the Option Days Till Expiration and Option Expiration Date value columns in my watchlist.

I also have the 'Sym' value column in my watchlist, which includes the expiration date in it.
So, sorting on any of those 3 columns produces the same result.

Unless I've overdosed pn caffeine again. Wouldn't be the first time.

Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 12:31:20 PM

Btw, it looks like you can't scan by Option Type either (Call or Put). Add that to the wishlist.

This list of option conditions is pretty limiting ...

Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 12:18:42 PM

Bruce, thanks, ... sorting by the (Option) Symbol column does the same thing (if I'm reading your response correctly).

For example, just for grins, today I'm looking at SPY options that expire this Wednesday and next Wednesday. So I have to sort by Symbol and scroll down (or up, depending on the sort  :) to see the options with 2 Option Days Till Expiration and 9 Option Days Till Expiration. Normally I'm scrolling down, since most option chains list the lower strike prices at the top, and higher strike prices at the bootom. Which is the total reverse of a price chart (don't get me started ;).

It's not hard once you get the hang of it, but it would be easier to just limit my scan result set. The current way, I can select the wrong contract if I'm overly-caffeinated.

Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 10:46:14 AM

For now, I'm using the Flag Column, but there should be a better/easier way. :)

Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 10:44:32 AM

Bruce,

Scanning option chains is awesome, but ...

I'd like to limit my scan results based on the value in the Option Days Till Expiration column. I don't see that as an available option (pun intended).

Am I missing something? If not, pleeeeeze add this to the developers honey-do list.

I have four option chain windows open, trying to create a four-legged trade. It would be reeeeally nice if I could specifiy the expiration date or days till expiration in each window so I'm looking at only the contracts I care about.

Happy Monday!