New version 17 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: UnclePennybags
About
User Name: UnclePennybags
Groups: Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 830
[0.29% of all post / 3.44 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Silver with Real-Time Data Feed
Posted: Friday, February 23, 2018 1:04:24 PM

Thanks, Bruce. Enjoy your weekend!

Posted: Friday, February 23, 2018 12:37:18 PM

Almost forgot ... what level of service would they need to plot your Elder Impulse chart?

Posted: Friday, February 23, 2018 12:30:08 PM

Final question(s), I think ...

What kind of data are we getting with the $9.99 Silver? 15-minutes delayed? BATS? Something else?

Same question for the $29.99 Gold.

My friend is a Worden virgin, so they're not used to scanning or sorting (yet). They eyeball their charts, and follow a very small number of tickers, so they won't need scanning/sorting for a while, until I sell them on the other features. They do need real-time data though if they're going to trade options with real money. So I'm assuming the best deal for them is Silver, with real-time stock data, and real-time option quotes. That's $9.99 + $14.99 + $9.99 = $34.97. What do you think? Is there a better way to go? They would probably trade through TC2000 Brokerage - not sure if/how that impacts any of the pricing.

Finally, what about intraday charts? How does Silver, Gold, and Platinum compare on charts with timeframes less than a day?

Off to grab a quick lunch ... back in a few minutes. :)

Posted: Friday, February 23, 2018 12:00:15 PM

Can I assume ETFs are included in with the $14.99/mo U.S. Stocks?

Posted: Friday, February 23, 2018 11:46:02 AM

Happy Friday, Bruce!

I'm trying to turn a friend on to TC2000. Figured they just need Silver at first, but they'd probably want to add the real-time data feed (below).

How much are we talking?

Topic: Volatility Stop Calculation and Algorithm
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 10:36:04 AM

Thanks, Bruce. I'll check out the link after I get a refill and the new Barista's phone number. :)

Topic: Volatility Stop Calculation and Algorithm
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 9:54:18 AM

Happy Friday Bruce,

I know the Volatility Stop indicator isn't PCF-able, but being a programmer I like to write code to help me understand how something works.

After my morning coffee I was heading over to LinnSoft.com to look at their documentation and code the VolStop into an Excel spreadsheet so I can download some quotes and compare it to my TC2000 charts. I also have the Thinkorswim (ThinkScript?) code somewhere on my laptop that might help.

But then I figured I might not have to reinvent the wheel if you already had something.

If you have any code (Excel, VBA, or anything really) that calculates the VolStop and are willing to share, that would be awesome.

If you don't have any code, but understand and can explain the algorithm behind how VolStop is calculated, that would be great, too. I haven't looked at LinnSoft's docs in a few months, but I don't know how good (or bad) the quality of their documentation is.

Thanks for the help ... have a great weekend!

Topic: Elder Impulse
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 3:14:46 PM

Bruce, thanks ... that's a cool idea. 

I'm not married to the idea of a dot or checkmark ... one column of sortable values that display in three different colors actually sounds better.

Thanks again!!

Topic: Elder Impulse
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 1:56:14 PM

Bruce,

I'd still like a column (probably 3 columns, I'm guessing) that I can sort on to gather together those charts that are currently Red, Green, or Blue.

I'm assuming you can't combine all three conditions in one column, so I'm thinking one column with a Green dot or checkmark, another column for Red, and finally a third column for Blue.

What's the best/easiest way?

Topic: Counting Volatility Stop?
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 1:28:28 PM

Thanks, Bruce.