Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

App for tc2000 version 12.3? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
LVTrader
Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 5:24:59 PM

is there an app available for tc2000 version 12.3 for any mobile devices?  if not, will there be in the near future?

and also i noticed in order to gain access to version 12.3 on my android device as a browser it required silverlight plugin to be downloaded which is only compatible for windows or mac...

please advice...

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 10:19:11 AM

Worden Trainer

The Silverlight version of TC2000 should be able to run in any Silverlight enabled browser by going to:

http://www.tc2000.com/

The website will attempt to use the useragent information from your browser to determine if you can install Silverlight or not. If you can install Silverlight, the website should give you the option to do so and if Silverlight is not available, the HTML5 version of TC2000 should run instead (this is TC2000 Mobile). Note that it is now possible to run the Silverlight version of TC2000 under Linux by using workarounds (the example is specifically for Apt based distributions):

TC2000 12 under Linux!

If this detection is not happening in your case, you can force run the HTML 5 version of TC2000 by using the following URL instead:

https://www.tc2000.com/html5/live/

We do have apps available in the appropriate app stores for iPad and Kindle. Just search for TC2000 and you should be able to find them. They are essentially wrappers that automatically run the correct website in a slightly nicer way than using a regular browser.

The HTML5 version currently has fewer features than the Silverlight version, but we plan on adding as many features as possible to the HTML5 version in the future.

There are also iPhone and Android apps available for smart phones. These have fewer features than the HTML5 version. You can get these apps in the appropriate app store as well.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
airrun
Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:41:24 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I think it's great what you guys are doing at Worden. I think the Linux solution is really not a great one, but it's better than nothing. I'm running Ubuntu as my platform at work now.  I would think with HTML5, you could make TC2000 run on any platform. So, that sounds promising, and looking forward to all features being available in HTML 5 version. 

maddenmg
Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 11:55:30 PM

I just got an Galaxy Note 2, dont even have Phone service to it yet... But I can run it on my WI-FI, and I just downlaoded the new TC2000 Android App - WOW I have to say this is a great improvement over the previous version on my smaller phone... Keep up the good work, your development efforts will be paying off when everyone see's this run on a tablet... It is very cool - clean graphics, and easy swipe movement between symbols, charts and watchlists... I have yet to learn all it's capabilities, but you have made my life better in getting away from the computer screen at home already...

Thanks...

tbf
Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 9:56:15 AM

Does TC2000 runs better on Android or Nexus?

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 10:04:17 AM

Worden Trainer

Nexus is a term for various devices running Android which have a closer association with Google than other Android devices.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles