Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: LVTrader
About
User Name: LVTrader
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 29
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: App for tc2000 version 12.3?
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2013 5:24:59 PM

is there an app available for tc2000 version 12.3 for any mobile devices?  if not, will there be in the near future?

and also i noticed in order to gain access to version 12.3 on my android device as a browser it required silverlight plugin to be downloaded which is only compatible for windows or mac...

please advice...

Topic: Sync Charts
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2011 4:46:38 PM
is there a way to sync two separate charts?  for example, being able to move price history (including indicators) from past to present using two different  tickers moving simultaneous.
Topic: syncing charts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 1:12:24 PM
is there a way to sync two seperate?
Topic: trade length and profit target
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 1:56:05 PM

thank you for your reply.  i sure appreciate your time and expertise.  enjoy the rest of your day!

Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 1:30:33 PM

yes you're correct that the exit rules should not trigger... But before i send a layout to technical support would you be so kind to answer this... why is it when i've set the entry rule to buy at the closing price with the profit target set at an "x" %, the trade exits the next day even though the next day has not triggered the profit target.  

i'm making an assumption that the rule see's that it has triggered the profit target the same entry day even though the entry price was the closing price.  for some reason that i don't understand it doesn't see that the entry price was the closing price.

Posted: Friday, September 17, 2010 5:59:28 PM
got it...  here's what i am trying to accomplish...  i buy at the end of the day price and sell at a higher percentage at a later date.  when i run a back-scan i'm setting a proft target % to hopefully hit before an "x" number of bars, I would like to see the results the day after i buy the stock (end of day price).  the problem i'm running into is that back-scan will also pickup on the same days result (which doesn't make any sense of what i am trying to accomplish).  here's what's happening, i'm buying at the end of day price and if the price earlier in the day hit my price target % the results will show that it has triggered hitting my price target % the same day even if it happened before i bought the end of day price.  i hope this explanation doesn't confuse you.

I look forward to your resolution...
Posted: Friday, September 17, 2010 4:43:18 PM
it works like a charm... BUT i guess i should ask you the right question.  how do i exclude the same buy day (entry) result if i decided to buy at the closing pricing?  what i don't want to see is that the trigger will hit the same day.

once again please advice...
Posted: Friday, September 17, 2010 3:06:31 PM

on the back-scanner... how do i set my trade length to an "x" number of days and using an "x" profit target % in conjunction with one another?  I am looking to see if the profit target % will hit within the trade length.  if the profit target hits sooner than the trade length i would like the back-scan to trigger to sell before the trade length.

please advice...

Topic: MACD Histogram
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2010 5:54:16 PM
I failed to mention that when these rules become realized DO NOT PASS.  In other words these rules should check for invalidation (fail-safe).  How do I go about changing this rule to not pass?
Topic: MACD Histogram
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2010 1:58:48 PM
I am trying to accomplish a RealCode for what I call MACD Histogram "spikes" and "flats".  

My definition of a MACD Spike is when calculating the difference between the current bar being greater than the previous bar calculation by greater than 100%.  

MACD Spike example:  bar 1: 0.50 minus (-) bar 2: 1.00 = 0.50 (previous bar)
                                          bar 2: 1.00 minus (-) bar 3: 2.00 = 1.00 (current bar)

The above calculation illustrates a difference of bar 3 being greater by 200% of bar 2.

My definition of a MACD Flat is when calculating the difference between the current bar being less than the previous bar calculation by less than or equal to 50%.

MACD Flat example:  bar 1: 0.50 minus (-) bar 2: 1.00 = 0.50 (previous bar)
                                       bar 2: 1.00 minus (-) bar 3: 1.25 = 0.25 (current bar)

The above calculation illustrates a difference of bar 3 being less than bar 2 by 50%.

My intent is to incorporate both creating a RealCode for it.  Please advice...