Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

2ed bar back predicts direction of the unborn bar Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
zoz
Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2012 9:54:39 AM

Three Joint indicator .. There is such a thing

like three V     VVV as printed on the line of a very short duration Moving adverage on the RSI Line or the slow  or fast stoch.    The letter V is a concave V  flip the vee upside down and its convex

Two convex Joints side by side on 2 (Price Bar Adverage) moving adverage  would fortell the price direction on the next bar will go up .  Two adjoining concave joints is equivalent to a double bottom

Two adjoining convex joints is equivalent to a double top

The joints could appear on a steep slope and be just as valid as a a joint on top or bottom of a wave form  like a moving adverage line. or Hilbert Sine wave or RSI

a joint that print an  "L" shape would be a concave joint  flip the L around like _i  and that that's a concave joint as well

The trader cant identify  the first joint till the second joint completely ends 

It completely ends when the third joint immediatly begines

But at that stage I'm looking at the price bars for each joint a bar is constructed and to know when the second joint completely end I look fopr the very beginning of the third bar

Or if you waited till 59minutes at 55 seconds after the beginning of the second joint/bar started I nguess that would work. For a 60 min bar. 

Now I have seen this three bar/joint phenomina at Trad Station but bthe data feed got altered.  it was 100%  Reliable  The Holy Grail. bar by bar you could predict the ultimat4e direction of the third bar.

If you had a signal from two ajoining concave jointsthe third bar would definitly go up . 

on a candle stick bar the body would be green but the wick may have extended the wrong way . Fortune-lee the three bar indicator was full proof   bet on  indicator not on the price direction. 

A matter of a strong stomach. in Wild times.

StockGuy
Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2012 10:41:02 AM

Administration

Since you don't appear to have a question for one of the trainers, I'm moving this to the Stock & Market Talk forum.

zoz
Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2012 11:09:51 AM

QUOTE (StockGuy)

Since you don't appear to have a question for one of the trainers, I'm moving this to the Stock & Market Talk forum.

That's where it should be . thanks.  But I was sugesting that the bosses of worden should prusue the development of such an indicator.  The PFC Cumulative indicator formula C looks promising in that reguard

Again thanks for directing this to the apporate forum

zoz
Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2012 1:19:24 PM

QUOTE (zoz)

like three V     VVV as printed on the line of a very short duration Moving adverage on the RSI Line or the slow  or fast stoch.    The letter V is a concave V  flip the vee upside down and its convex

Two convex Joints side by side on 2 (Price Bar Adverage) moving adverage  would fortell the price direction on the next bar will go up .  Two adjoining concave joints is equivalent to a double bottom

The joints could appear on a steep slope and be just as valid as a a joint on top or bottom of a wave form  like a moving adverage line. or Hilbert Sine wave or RSI

a joint that print an  "L" shape would be a concave joint  flip the L around like _i  and that that's a concave joint as well

But at that stage I'm looking at the price bars for each joint a bar is constructed and to know when the second joint completely end I look fopr the very beginning of the third bar

Or if you waited till 59minutes at 55 seconds after the beginning of the second joint/bar started I nguess that would work. For a 60 min bar. 

Now I have seen this three bar/joint phenomina at Trad Station but bthe data feed got altered.  it was 100%  Reliable  The Holy Grail. bar by bar you could predict the ultimat4e direction of the third bar.

If you had a signal from two ajoining concave jointsthe third bar would definitly go up . 

on a candle stick bar the body would be green but the wick may have extended the wrong way . Fortune-lee the three bar indicator was full proof   bet on  indicator not on the price direction. 

The cumulative indicator is working horrible at 1 oclock Sunday when it working pretty good an 10 oclock Sunday morning. Hos

why is that possible? Fridays data should be in a memory bank on sunday.    As a Trader I have to adapt to changing conditions If I can't find another path then I am a blogger with a lot of BS. I still contend I am a trader because I see another path which I will not announce. 

pthegreat
Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2012 2:29:14 PM

Zoz, a picture explains a thousand words. No offense, but I'm having a difficult time understanding the indicator, or condition you're referring. So maybe you can post a couple of pics?

jas0501
Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 7:20:41 PM

QUOTE (zoz)

If you had a signal from two ajoining concave joints the third bar would definitly go up . 

Impressions:

The bold text above indicates the unlikelyhood of this approach. Nothing is 100% reliable when it comes to the market. Any such pattern predictable patter would be easily uncovered and exploited thereby making it nolonger 100% predictable.

The description sounds similar to the zig-zag indicator. Visually that indicator is constructed using future information, the % swing, and therefore can not be used to enter at the zag. Only x% above the zag. This reduces the performance to the point of being of little value. However visually the zag corner seems to be extremely predictive.

Not sure if your description suffers from the same weakness as the zig-zag.

zoz
Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 10:08:45 PM

QUOTE=pthegreat]

Zoz, a picture explains a thousand words. No offense, but I'm having a difficult time understanding the indicator, or condition you're referring. So maybe you can post a couple of pics?

[/QUOTE] I made up a picture on  tradeStation to post over here but i couldn't figure out how to do it. ..Give me a lesson. I can get it to email I can get it to a file on my computer but I cant cut and past it form  one website to the next or post it on Tradestation=   I looked  at a zig zag indicator and i didn't se any thing of intrest.  and the poster is correct once I post an observation it becomes public property and oposing traders can foil my attemp to use it.. I've been doing my analysis on TradeStation  platform  intially in secret but the forum finds out about through other channels . The channel is  my competion the mover of the market not retail traders Of course Im using a platform developed by the Channel  Channel Bot.           

diceman
Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 10:22:33 PM

See this

http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=27860

Thanks

pthegreat
Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 12:25:06 PM

use "jing" to capture any part of your desktop.

http://www.techsmith.com/download/jing/default.asp

save the picture on your computer, or upload it to "screencast"

http://www.techsmith.com/screencastcom.html

after the upload, it'll create a link , all you have to do is paste the link here in your message, and anybody whoreads the message can click on the link to see the picture.

example :

http://screencast.com/t/SZY0yI8pbYOM

zoz
Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 2:32:09 PM

i see a recent double top they may still be in play followed by a smaller head and shoulder pattern and most recent a rising M pattern which is a double top ,  well thats just swell. But I haven't as yet been able to detect with any reliability the fake out. in this case a likly fake out should be limited range red barthat spikes down for a up side fakeout. . But the fake out could be down side fake out to fake out those expecting a upside fake out....... plenty of times I'm faked out because there was no fakeout.

Sometimes a fake out happens that they correct as soon as they begin and other time they last for 2 days

That monday gap sure faked me out, In that case the real fakeout was its duration. I was waiting for the other shoe to drop and it had already dropped..  He's not likely to do to in a row. Is He? 

zoz
Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:58:49 PM

QUOTE (diceman)
This will help  thanks

zoz
Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:02:33 AM

I wrote a message then erased it . Maybe that's the ticket

ben2k9
Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 7:41:26 PM

you lost me at the subject line

funnymony
Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 11:30:27 PM

three joints helps me see things better.

fpetry
Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:05:42 AM

QUOTE (ben2k9)

you lost me at the subject line

Look at current bar.   Count back two bars and note what second bar back looks like.  Now, use the second bar back to predict what the next (unborn) bar will look like:) 

zoz
Posted : Friday, June 15, 2012 11:49:58 AM

even up and down bar .  Even up vol and down vol. ignore it or consider it a joker it can go either way .  that was on a stock ECOL I think is the symbol

zoz
Posted : Friday, June 15, 2012 12:17:42 PM

what my goggly gook is saying is that if an indicator isn't relible [QUOTE=zoz]

even up and down bar .  Even up vol and down vol. ignore it or consider it a joker it can go either way .  that was on a stock ECOL I think is the symbol

[OTE]      Don't concentrate on my prose adapt the concept that if a indicator does  not work for you, the way the experts present it.    Look at the truning points on the chart and compare it with any indicator. I was doing that last nigt using the historgram style . one I haven't bother to look at in the past. I see possible consistent signals in the histoygram bars in relation  to the price bars

If I'm at a platform that doesn't have my favorite indicator .. Like i preferr the TS Stoch. over the Worden but I may choose whatever is a valiable.

The three bar pattern no longer works . So I look for a 4 bar pattern . .  I don't understand what a broker has to do with the data feed presumely from the exchanges but there must be a problem when the data is interpeted in to the Brokers Platform. That's being polite about it I don t think its that beign.

zoz
Posted : Friday, June 15, 2012 12:23:18 PM

QUOTE (funnymony)

three joints helps me see things better.

Yea when I want to see better I smoke a cigarette with a 21 Mg patch on and chase the two with an engery drink

zoz
Posted : Monday, June 18, 2012 3:21:48 PM

QUOTE (zoz)

zoz
Posted : Monday, June 18, 2012 3:32:27 PM

QUOTE (zoz)
   Z.M.T.   C.,.T.   C. M.T. like i said z.M.T.   I'm down on them i read in investopedia what they are.. Salesmen and Salewomen.   Because they crame for an examination with jargon to impress the examiner. The Examiner is impressed by technical analysis jargon. He likes it because it sound s intellitiual. . And once the canadate recieves the CMT certificate issued by a store front certificate mill called MTA then the CMTcan get a governmint job  with the approvqal of the Fisomething FiRA or something like that. a government agency mandated to protect the investor.  They are not sure how to protect the investor but they know that if you can talk the talk then you can walk the walk so the accept the CMTcertificate as Walking papers.

QUOTE (zoz)

zoz
Posted : Monday, June 18, 2012 3:53:48 PM

QUOTE (zoz)
So I was reading in a paper issued by a C.M.T. on the analysis of O'Neils Follow through day you got to first establish that the conditions of a correction is in p[lace by seeing a cyan dot on the graph ... But that doesn't jive with another C.M.T. Matha Stokes she saids you got to have spatial reconigition like square peg in a roundwhole and she is explaaning how to reconize George Washingtons face on a penny and for 9000 dollars she will train you how to do it .  and if you are like me you think you can reconize George Washington even if he wasn't on a penny.  Mean while the Burke fellow with a engenering degree and a CMt

certificate says you got to be looking 4 days latter for past the cyan dot for the follow through day but it may come in1.7 something .  1.7 What? 1.7Something I can't remember. and neither could anybody else because a CMT is a salesperson. and the job of a salesperson is to sell you a snowjob. Have you ever met a salesmenthat didn't sale you a snow job. ?  Yea plenty of time I bought a temper petic from the salesman at a truck sale on Rt 9 .  But i'm ta=lking about in investing? No. Ok then now you see what I mean.

QUOTE (zoz)
   Z.M.T.   C.,.T.   C. M.T. like i said z.M.T.   I'm down on them i read in investopedia what they are.. Salesmen and Salewomen.   Because they crame for an examination with jargon to impress the examiner. The Examiner is impressed by technical analysis jargon. He likes it because it sound s intellitiual. . And once the canadate recieves the CMT certificate issued by a store front certificate mill called MTA then the CMTcan get a governmint job  with the approvqal of the Fisomething FiRA or something like that. a government agency mandated to protect the investor.  They are not sure how to protect the investor but they know that if you can talk the talk then you can walk the walk so the accept the CMTcertificate as Walking papers.

QUOTE (zoz)

zoz
Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2012 7:33:30 AM

QUOTE (zoz)

QUOTE (StockGuy)

That's where it should be . thanks.  But I was sugesting that the bosses of worden should prusue the development of such an indicator.  The PFC Cumulative indicator formula C looks promising in that reguard

Again thanks for directing this to the apporate forum

There is an infection associated with the phrase     S&P 500

The Emini S&P 500 is the abcess and infection spreads from there. How far it goes from there  ,i don't know . If a C.M.T. had any competence this is what they should be examining. I was at the Yahoo Message board Trolling around , the word Cirtron or Citron popped up with the association of options on S&P index futures.  Citron as a website is very evil. I've been there don't you go there.  Anti virus won't  protect you.   Some years ago Citron was or claim to be a consumer protection website. Protecting the investor.  I don't have any facts but my internal dowsing rod recoils with dread. 

zoz
Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 1:01:20 PM

Hey Bill your Bot is going the wrong way .this is suppose to go up . Right

jas0501
Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 1:15:11 PM

zoz, from your posts I get the impression that you draw your conclusions from visual inspection of charts, seeing promising patterns. The mind is constructed to recognize patterns, but is not so good at getting and keeping statistics on said patterns. The impression that an X-bar pattern with Y characteristic followed by Z characteristic wins most of the time or alot of the time is worthless by itself.

Testing this X-Y-Z setup and gathering performance statistcs of Win%, %Gain and average price trajectory and comparing it against some benchmark(s) will go a long way toward understanding its potential and also being able to present a well reasoned rational for applying said pattern.

Your posts have only supplied impressions of and not statictics for the patterns. Provide a clear description of the patterns and maybe someone else will provide some stats. We'd all be interested in something that demonstates potential. However few of us are interested in some vague description of a pattern that appears to work alot of the time.

zoz
Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:18:44 PM

Its not the Bot that worries me . If there was 400 different bot programed by 400 different people and all the Bots were jockying for lead position . That wouldn't worry me but that's not the case its only one Bot that's controling the show . I'm trading against the house

Skip all this small type the stradegy is explained at the end of the Gobbley Gook

See I'm not going to be going to nobobys website and shout out to the world that I'm going to be buying options on  S&P  index futures.   I'm going to be real quite about it and not say a word .  but I click on the options and say give me 5 of them. and unbeknownist to me its Mr. Evil selling them to me.  through the broker. You can't blame the Broker he only know Mr. Evil by is real name..  What's his real name ?  Big Fish like in the movies. What movie ?   Norm didn't say we didn't get that far in our relation ship. He got mad at me when i didn't want to give him my socical security number  See he had to have it so he could investagate me seeing how we only knew each other from afar. And he wanted to make sure I was on the up and up...  Ok that's a total lie but he got mad at me non the less.  See we were in the parking lot of NeolPharm and Norm backed his big boat in to  Larry's Oldsmobile and cracked the taillight lens  and Norm pulled out of that spotand parked in one farther from the scene and I said to norm "aren't you going to leave a note on Larry's car saying you cracked his lens"  Norm turned around to me . I sit in the back seat in honor of Norms superiority over me but really I'm scared the way Norman drives . and gave me a concerned look like you know I spoike ou of turn .. So thats why I can't be buying any opions that Big Fish has to sale because the broker is fooled y his fake name

See I got me a 3200 tick chart for short term notification and I got me a 2 hour chrtt which i trade on and a 34 min chart which i toggle between that and a 67 min chart   all day the 30 and 60 min chart has been giving me a contrary signal to the other two charts

You place a limit order ande you might as well be kiling the trading because Bill he will just idel right down and want budge he knows a trap . It killls the trading when the customer puts in a limit order. 

Yea I just put in a market order bill of course took it in the opposit direction about 300 dollars off my base . Perfect. Bill got it just where I wanted it  so to be funny about it I doubled my loss . Ha Ha jokes on Bill.  Oh you can't fool Bill for long so I got to take what he gives me .    

See you can't sit in front of the computer every min. even if you were capable of doing so bbecause for every clear signal that predicts a trade there are 2 more clear ones predicting the opposwit direction. and you will see them if you look .. My policy based on past experience is Don't look  So if my internet connnections goes dead or if I'm over here typing well quite frankly that money in the bank.  The Gurus call this OverTrading. you don't want to do that  so let malfunctions and snafus make you money and you can sit back and relax.. 

Thats Contraian thinking  I suppose .   My God Man what's my Broadband bill going to be at the end of this month .  I pay on a two weeks bases  250 dollars for 15 days and thats no videos

Bill I know you read these letters and I'm not going to play your game .. You can't give me any more than breakeven I;m not going to hang around.,..

Boy that perturbed him off he fell right into my trap. I longed it and he just sunk it 200 dollars but i got a lone reversal pattern that I haven't bragged about on this board so he don't know about it yet .. Ha Ha     See I don't have to worry about it the indicator takes care of the risk . alls I got to worry about is Tipping bill off that I suckered him .. If he finds out  all bets are off.

Its 3:34 when ndoes the stock market close? 4 o'clock or 4:30? I see bill is stuck in one spot without my participation since I am the only one he is trading against. I got to get back and keep him moving ..  Move up or Move down it all the same to me .What kills me is when it stalls.

I hate selling before the signal is given to sell but when I get a decent profit . I just can't help my self ...Thanks Bill . I won't let you down I'm going to place you an order that you can runaway with it.

I hate when I do that I wanted to short 4 contracts and some how 8 got shorted  I don't even have enough money to cover 8 contracts.  But its no time to panic  The problem about playing twice as many contracts as you go money for is tha it lock s me in to a conservative position and I don't move .. If I don't move .Bill won't move and there I am stuck in stalmake

yea my short term chart is pointing against me  and my 2 hr chart is slowing down to make a turn against me alls I have left is the midterm chart in my favor. and that's not conforting.  I don't like the mid term chart of any combination. But if you don't have a middle chart then you only got a 2 point prespective.  It like having a fib without the nacci.

Dad gum it . he shot it up 1200 dollars against me and I'm out of bullets and the sun is setting in 13 minutes

The little chart just crossed over I can't read it when it overlaps so I don't know nif I got a continuation or a reversal . I'm hoping for a reversal.   That means  DOWN

Well I had to give bill a thousand  dollars I guess he earned it

I had to change the 2hr chart to 90 min to make one last play . Yea I longed 2 cts made 125 dollars in two in and outs net proceeds 65 dollars. with 4 min left place another buy two contract. Ok I made 100 dollars off of that minus 30 dollars in and out .. What's that?  Thirty from one hundred is what ? that's like 3 form 10 and thats 70 dollars in 3.5 min. Now that's some bragging right there Boy .. As long as you don't ask my daily total  Ha Ha Ha . Who's laughing? 

LOOK DOWN HERE . SKIP THE SMALL TYPE THIS IS A STRAGEDY   A stragedy on not to over trade.  find something else to do as you are trading .  You want that pot of Gold in your senior years don't you ? Then learn to get distracted while trading .  That's the key to successful trading.

jas0501
Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:46:11 PM

zoz,

I think you may need to adjust your meds... lol

zoz
Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:23:26 PM

[QUOTE=jas0501]

zoz, from your posts I get the impression that you draw your conclusions from visual inspection of charts, seeing promising patterns. The mind is constructed to recognize patterns, but is not so good at getting and keeping statistics on said patterns. The impression that an X-bar pattern with Y characteristic followed by Z characteristic wins most of the time or alot of the time is worthless by itself.

Testing this X-Y-Z setup and gathering performance statistcs of Win%, %Gain and average price trajectory and comparing it against some benchmark(s) will go a long way toward understanding its potential and also being able to present a well reasoned rational for applying said pattern.

Your posts have only supplied impressions of and not statictics for the patterns. Provide a clear description of the patterns and maybe someone else will provide some stats. We'd all be interested in something that demonstates potential. However few of us are interested in some vague description of a pattern that appears to work alot of the time.  ONCE i POST SPECIFIC  THE PATTERN OR INDICATOR BECOMES INVALID. realize the potential in your own observation You will best be able to interpet what you see .  That my message. not a detailed plan to be deconstructed by competitors

[/QUOTE   Thankyou for your reply. . My intentions are to give only impression. To map out a precise plan for other traders is  to inform my competition of my reasoning. My competition is not fellow retail traders but one specif institutional trader that can move the market contrary to any signal. . Beginer traders is my primary target. to let them know that mere visual inspection of a chart and a indicator is alls thats is necesssary to make a valid prediction.

The three bar indicator was made invalid before I started posting here. since I started posting here The equal up volumn and equal down volumn indicator for reversals has been changed totally. on the
TradeStation Platform  because Worden doesn't have that feature

If I keep my observation to myself then I would have never learned that a Platform provider has the intrest in the clients defeat. . Had I not announced on the TradeStation Community forum about the even up and down vol. reversal I wouldn't have learn the nefarious nature of that particular message board .

Up until a week ago I thought the Emini S&P500 was the S&P 500  but a data shift in the TradeStation platform alerted to me that wasn't the case and with Worden Platform I confimed that. .  But the Tiny E mini S&P  has profound influence on all the markets.  A fellow on youtube was lecturing on phatom orders . Orders placed to decieve Matrix and level II and time and sales watchers.   I suspect there are phatom markets  the Emini S&P500 is a phatom market. A market with huge volumn but no or very little retail trader participation and only one institutional trader.  that with the CME exchange .  So as I have posted a comment to fellow Forum poster who did research on companies to dig up dirt as his edge to short the company I admire his work because I have my own intrest in companies that dont seem to be on the up and up.  TradeStation. Wm O. Neil Co. Inc and their affiliates that are never defined . MarketSmith . TheStreet.Com. The CME and the CBOE. . I can't do intensive research in the history of these companies . I'm not bright enough to do so but a causal intrest in their history  intrests me.  I'm intrested in the history of DayTrading beyond that which was published in Wikipedia. I believe Daytrading was a plan a plot not just an evolved discipline when legislative inactment and SEC rules just clicked in place in a random fashion.  Wm O'Neil portrays an intrest in political activism. maybe there is some connections

So from my observation or imagination this wide spectra of influnce assembles to a enity that has become an insider trader working outside of the usual circle of insiders. And therefore that makes them legal.  So if the volumn  in the S&P E Mini was created by a trading Bot buying its sell orders and selling to its buy orders the orders being routed from and through different Market Makers from many brokers . Thats not illegal . Now if the Exchanges are involved in altering the data feed then thats wouldn't be legal i don't suppose

I got off your subject . Technical analysis doesn't work when there is a planned or reaction direction from a single enity . Technical analysis  is the statistical observation of crowd behavior. The modern markets are predominated by a single trading enity not a crowd. Statistical analysis won't work. Preception is a better course i believe.