Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: zoz
About
User Name: zoz
Groups: Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 106
[0.04% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Do you think Worden staff make money in the markets?
Posted: Monday, July 2, 2012 1:16:56 PM

[QUOTE=davidjohnhall]Love the question. It's a valid question -- so why not ask it. Here are my thoughts -- at least the ones that jumped off the page when I read the original question. It seems like you're viewing the market like a locked up chest or a rubics cube. That once you have the combo money just pours in. I would say think of it as a job. At your current job -- are their different people at different pay grades? I'm guessing yes. It's my belief that it takes years to become a good trader like it takes years to become a good anything. And sometimes after years you might learn that you're never going to be as good as you want to be. Can someone teach you the law without being the best lawyer in the world? Yep. Can someone teach you how to design a website without being the best web designer in the world? Yep. Can someone teach you the mechanics of profiting in the market without making a killing? I believe the answer is yes. They might not be the best in the world, but to learn from the best in the world might still not make YOU the best in the world.It's been my experience that you can usually tell the snake oil salespeople online. The Wordens aren't those people. They're showing you how to find your way around a price chart. Not the secret to making easy money -- because that secret doesn't exist. David John Hall[/QUOTEWell thats your opinion . Mine is the Worden don't even exist. more than likely It took Don Worden 20 years to come up with two indicators , fair enough  that ws done back before the days of Trading software but there been 30 years between then and now . Everything is made complicated . Technical analysis is not complicated . You don't need rule, discipline , all the usual stuff. You don't need Easy language of and computer Language  I dont think you need indicators . You need to realize that the markets are made by a single sorce more than likey controled outside of the inside to stay within the law . that most trading platforms were developed by this single source  maker of the markets and that the connection between the platforms and the Marker of trhe Market renders Technical analysis useless. Any one that claims to be an experienced trader whether successful or not and fails to mention this phnomena is suspect of being a snake oil salesman.. Alan Farley pulled it off and he is still selling gimicks and Voodo . Worden Brothers is a snake oil sale enity. 

Topic: trading with no plan ,no risk control
Posted: Monday, July 2, 2012 12:51:48 PM

How you doing so far.? I'm only down 14,000 dollars but that's merely a tactical loss . Wvil will get his.

Topic: suspected S&P infection
Posted: Monday, July 2, 2012 12:41:30 PM

I'm calling Joe Duarte he's an expert in these matters . He the author of F

utures& Options for Dummies and Trading Futures For Dummioes and Suiccessful Biotech Investing for Dummies and Successful Energy sector Investing  for Dummies .. He left one out. What? trading Gaming Stock for Dummies.  See you go to the magazine shop get you one of those mag on computer games and wait for the announcement of a new game  buy the stock of the manufacture4 and when it comes out  dump it. Like smart investors did with Facebook.  They reaped the reward and left us suckers behind.

Joe Duarte is a frequent guess on CNBC . CNBC, what is that ? Television station I guess. Why don't they just call it NBC?   Canadian National Broadcasting Co. I guess does Joe go to Canada? No he may go to Toronto though that really more lile Detroit . Quit worrring he is American as Apple Pie.

Yea well Joe made a call on CNBCcorrectly  noted oil had made a top . President Bush gave him a personal telephone call for that announcement because it brought oil down to 100 dollar a barrel.   How do you know that ?  It says it right here in Market Timing for Dummies

Here's some tips from Joes Cheat sheet

Essential Economoic Reports to Monitor as a Market Timer

A, The monthly employment report.   What's that?   I don't know do your own r/r od do diligence

B. The Consumer Price Index        What's that?  I don't know just shut up there is more.

C. The Beige Book from the Federal Reserve     You know what that is don't you?  you told me to shut up.

D Index of Leading  Economic Indicators..     What kind of timing is that? Give or take two months?

Hey what the heck going on with the type face it elongates , changes fonts an the bottom is clipped off?    Honey that's Mr. Evil playing with you . Its his funny way to let you know he

s injecting your computer with Trogan Horses .  Ha   Ha Ha  real funny

Topic: A Trip Down The Worden Brick Road
Posted: Sunday, July 1, 2012 10:57:53 PM

QUOTE (zoz)

I'm in the Emini on sunday evening . no volumn me and evil bot probably the only one on the chart. he's got me for 187 dollars already. We are in what looks like a rounding bottom with a spike down fakeout bar.  He is the house . he knows where this is going I don't and I'm trying to play the game..  I'm going to try to hang in there reel him out some more line at least 100 dollars worth. He see I got a stop in at a 400 dollar loss but I don't like that I need to give him more room to gain advantage over me. but i don't feel comfortable in lossing 600 hundred dollars just for a evening s lark.  his lark not mine.  on the 34 min chart it looks like down she goes on the 11 min. chart there is a slim chance for an up shot.  I got a double bottom on the 11 min chart I tripled my loss lets see if that gives me some led way

I wished I'd let him go allthe way down to the days low before I tripled my loss  I just din't notice it at the time I was looking at the indicator not the Matrix . He's got to go down there to save face and at least bounce off the bottom  that would be a 600 dollar loss .but I got to give him that much room.

Mr. Evil go head and take it . I fowled you .You get it fair and square  No hard feelings

see folks he brought it up and if i bailed out now I would only be  325 in the hole.  Ok i might take his offer.   kGo ahead and take it Mr.  Evil, bounce it off. I'll  bail out . Then you can crash it if you like

he's only one increment away from the bottom but he pulled back.       Well he bounced it and i shot him one more contract . Four all together     Over several min. he clicked it up and down . I lost my nerve and covered my short at 365 dollar loss

This is just not fair there need to be other player out here . I can't do it by myself.. He can take it anywhere he wants to at the speed of sound or as slow as a snail. I'm in a sitting duck position . He is going to inch it down all night and I'm sitting here petrified . because I want to save

Looking at the 45 min chart he is in a gaint sloum the stochastic printed a double top in the over bought area no resistance to the down side.  I'm trying to describe in typical terms but that not how i see it . I see plenty of upside potential printed on friday. He's got two long down bars in a step fashion . When you find two that means there is a thrid one lurking.  But I see he is almost obligatede to print a double top before this thing descend to oblivian. ,, if that's his plan. So it need to advance 10 points

Hey your are giving away all your secrets.  They ain't secrets . Seconds , minutes  hours before I ever post my secrets  the data generated by my keyboard and cursor movements certainly has beem recorded , possibly analysied  by my competitionl  If a conclusion hasn't been reached before i post then it soon will be . And since My posting are unintelligible to the readers of this board my only concern is the behind the scene competitor.

Posted: Sunday, July 1, 2012 10:41:40 PM

Yea see , you don't argue with the Tape. What does that mean ? It means don't ask stupid questions. but it makes a good sound bit.  In my trading i argue with the tape all the time. Thats the name of the game , to go with the flow. just because its flowing up hill doesn't mean it going to continue once your order is executed. So who's doing the arguing . I say the tape is . I'm just going with the flow.

Posted: Sunday, July 1, 2012 10:31:32 PM

This is not ZoZ this is Fred Jones  thats my pen name officially registr. with Worden. As Red Jones I trade by  the signal of the indicator and emotions don't interferr with my trading . I get emotional .but if it effects my trading I'm not aware of it.   My most successful trade not recently was in TRCR . I new knothing about the company an aquaintance was a officer of the company at one time I looked it up it had just jumped form 2 to 10 dollars . so I bought it then closed the computer up for 6 weeks . ^ weeks latter i was worth 10,000 dollars more.. So I know trading can be done. but not the way it is porttayed in traing classes or books     Maybe thats the answer total recklessness.  No stops , everytime i use stop i lose . No stops.

Topic: Becoming a successful trader
Posted: Sunday, July 1, 2012 10:10:56 PM

QUOTE (pthegreat)

I was informed once, that it was prohibited to solicit ones own web/blog site here at Worden's forum.

kWell just remove it. Its done all the time.

Topic: Becoming a successful trader
Posted: Sunday, July 1, 2012 10:07:54 PM

I've just checked 13 different indicators and most of them can tell the furture in retrospect. I makes a nice demostration. but they won't lead  to your trading sucess.  The best you can achieve in trading is to make a name for your self as a Guru.  I don't know if that is possible with out adquate marketing . Possible start out with a website. I say it will be hard to gain a foothold but there is always a Mega church preacher in the wings when the last one got defrocked so there might be a place for you . Try to get  in to John Wiley and Sons Publishers . they can boost your career if they publish your book.  Become a guest lecturer at colleges that will give you some standing others might not have.  Claim you pick a market turn some time in the past . Who's to say you didn't . Look how long it takes for people to figure out you didn't have a second major in IT. What's IT? Something to do with computer.  or those guys who claime they recieved a Medal of Honor and they never left the states.  It can be done.is all I'm saying . And you may be able to pull it off . 

Topic: Online broker recommendation
Posted: Sunday, July 1, 2012 9:47:12 PM

I curious about who came up with real time charting.. I would think it is a single company that all the online broker depend on to provide them with real time charting.  Was electronic data being generated by the exchanges and some software developer nwrote a program to convert the data to real time chart. or was the company envolved tth generating the data and online brokers just sign up for a package , Turn key is what the call it  a turnKey deal.  Probably a company that developed Acade games .icke Pac Man or something  

Topic: DIMI ..pump and dump?
Posted: Sunday, July 1, 2012 9:37:28 PM

Well if you are in worden brothers what are you taking tips from a mailer . there is enough here to chose from a ton of Pennies.  Are you sure you got the right message board?