Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Product Comparisons?? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
rkthomas
Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 6:20:49 PM
I've been using Worden products for several years (I think it was in Win95 days), but not keeping up with all the latest developments, and I'm getting confused:  I see discussion of TC2000, Telechart 2007, and now TC2000v11, but have no idea which is intended for what purpose.

Is there a website which gives a clear explanation of the intended uses of each available product, or at least a comparison chart that I can study???

Thanx
StockGuy
Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 11:40:25 PM

Administration

TC2000 (version 11) is the upgrade to TeleChart 2007.
Putt4Doughs
Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 10:20:28 AM

QUOTE (rkthomas)
I see discussion of TC2000, Telechart 2007, and now TC2000v11, but have no idea which is intended for what purpose.

You forgot to mention "TC2000 Mobile".

My 2 cents ...

TC2000v11 is the latest & greatest version - just be aware that it is still in beta. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall hearing that they are targeting some time in Q2 to come out of beta. My take is that it is Worden's attempt to combine the best features of TeleChart 2007, StockFinder, and FreeStockCharts.com and put them all in one product going forward.

The main difference betweem TC2000v11 and previous iterations of TeleChart/TC2000 is that the data resides on a Worden server somewhere "in the cloud" as opposed to sitting on your computer. All computations, searches, scans, etc., are all perfomed on a Worden server as well, so everything should be quicker, regardless of a customer's computer hardware configuration. The only "downside" (for some) is that this requires a live internet connection, although these days that connection is almost ubiquitous. Some folks may still look at their charts offline, but it's not an issue for me.

You should also be aware that this is not a forced upgrade; TC2007 & StockFinder will be available to use indefinitely, though I'm not sure if that applies to new customers.

Personally, I think the TC2000v11 name adds to the confusion. I'm not wild about the name, but I assume Worden has too much tied up in the TC2000 brand to come up with a new name for what is really a new paradigm. The name just sounds too "Y2K-ish" to me. It may have sounded cutting edge in the 70's, 80's, and 90's, but we're in the 21st century now.

Hope that helps.
goldammerr
Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 5:21:00 PM
I'm still confused; Worden is now supporting 4 products simultaneously:TC2000 v11TC2007www.Freestockcharts.comStockFinder I use TC2007; have tried all others and would not change TC2007 for any of the others being offered, as it has specific functionality (such as the overall item count for each scan at a glance) that the others do not offer (somebody from Worden please correct me if I/m mistaken). TC2007 also offers the ability to link its database to other apps developed by 3rd parties (I use one such product) which is a big plus.Now, I don't see the new generation offering the above now or in the future. I also don't see any company forever supporting 4 products to the similar market niche successfully and profitably, w/o some canibalization.Thus, I'd appreciate the Company's official thoughts and strategy regarding the future and specially before I renew my TC2007 service, which is the only service I'm interested at this time.Thanks
StockGuy
Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:59:52 PM

Administration

We're not going to take away TeleChart 2007 and will continue to support it and StockFinder.  But our development efforts will be concentrated on TC2000.
hughb
Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2011 12:47:52 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

QUOTE (Putt4Dough)

QUOTE (rkthomas)
I see discussion of TC2000, Telechart 2007, and now TC2000v11, but have no idea which is intended for what purpose.

You forgot to mention "TC2000 Mobile".

My 2 cents ...

TC2000v11 is the latest & greatest version - just be aware that it is still in beta. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall hearing that they are targeting some time in Q2 to come out of beta. My take is that it is Worden's attempt to combine the best features of TeleChart 2007, StockFinder, and FreeStockCharts.com and put them all in one product going forward.

The main difference betweem TC2000v11 and previous iterations of TeleChart/TC2000 is that the data resides on a Worden server somewhere "in the cloud" as opposed to sitting on your computer. All computations, searches, scans, etc., are all perfomed on a Worden server as well, so everything should be quicker, regardless of a customer's computer hardware configuration. The only "downside" (for some) is that this requires a live internet connection, although these days that connection is almost ubiquitous. Some folks may still look at their charts offline, but it's not an issue for me.

You should also be aware that this is not a forced upgrade; TC2007 & StockFinder will be available to use indefinitely, though I'm not sure if that applies to new customers.

Personally, I think the TC2000v11 name adds to the confusion. I'm not wild about the name, but I assume Worden has too much tied up in the TC2000 brand to come up with a new name for what is really a new paradigm. The name just sounds too "Y2K-ish" to me. It may have sounded cutting edge in the 70's, 80's, and 90's, but we're in the 21st century now.

Hope that helps.

Where did you get this informationg that 2007 will be supported indefinitely?

Like goldammerr, I don't see how a software company would support 4 nearly identical products and I am not interested in anything other than 2007. I simply need end of day data and the organization capabilities that 2007 has, I don't need   flashing lights or scrolling thingamajigs.

StockGuy
Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2011 12:57:22 PM

Administration

QUOTE (hughb)

Where did you get this informationg that 2007 will be supported indefinitely?

Like goldammerr, I don't see how a software company would support 4 nearly identical products and I am not interested in anything other than 2007. I simply need end of day data and the organization capabilities that 2007 has, I don't need   flashing lights or scrolling thingamajigs.

We will continute to support TeleChart 2007 indefinitely.  If you do not want to move up to TC2000 v11, you don't have to.  Many of our customers will prefer to remain on the old version and we will continue to support it.
fpetry
Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2011 7:22:07 PM
QUOTE (goldammerr)
I use TC2007; have tried all others and would not change TC2007 for any of the others being offered, as it has specific functionality (such as the overall item count for each scan at a glance) that the others do not offer

Agree 100%.  For reasons you mention and several more.  Long live TC2007!
fpetry
Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2011 7:28:32 PM
Addendum:  As I've stated before, there are things about TCv11 I appreciate, such as volume buzz and ability to access on mobile devices, but I most definitely will maintain TC2007 as my primary charting software and am very pleased to know that 2007 will be viable for foreseeable future.
Putt4Doughs
Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2011 12:18:39 AM

I think some folks don't really get why there are differences between all the software versions. That's kind of the whole point! Why else go to the trouble of supporting four pieces of software? If they all had the same set of features you wouldn't need four separate programs.

If you're old school. or need one of the features not yet implemented in any of the other programs, stick with TC2007. If you need flexibility & power, go with StockFinder. If you want to trade while sipping margaritas by the pool, try TC2011 Mobile. And if you appreciate the value (granted, not for everyone) of slicing and dicing your data in the cloud, try TC2011v11.1 beta (Or whatever the heck it will be called eventually. Note to Worden: love the new software...the name not so much. )

jonedyer
Posted : Friday, June 3, 2011 5:53:05 PM
Is TC2000(ver11) still beta? If so, How much more will be added? Is there a technique to better enter the club portion? Getting a small amount of chat now and do not know how to get to club links.
Putt4Doughs
Posted : Friday, June 3, 2011 6:47:57 PM

QUOTE (jonedyer)
Is TC2000(ver11) still beta? If so, How much more will be added? Is there a technique to better enter the club portion? Getting a small amount of chat now and do not know how to get to club links.

I can't speak to the chat functionality or what's still on the programmer's "honey-do" list, but at the last webinar Michael & Julia were showing off the latest iteration (TC2000v11.1). 

I'm assuming it's still beta, and last I heard it was (for now) only available to folks attending one of the live classes. I'm assuming that that is Worden's way of rolling it out gradually, since the interface looks WAY different than v11.0 (you can check out the webinar archive to see what I'm talking about). They probably want to kill as many bugs as possible before letting everyone else have at it.

Personally, I'd also like to know what features are still "coming". During the last webinar I asked if Sequence Conditions were coming anytime soon, and the response was "Yep...but not quite yet."

However, being a software engineer I know that targets on programming projects can be especially slippery, so I doubt that they'll pre-announce any features until they're ready, so as not to disappoint folks. 

Of course, keeping people guessing also runs the risk of disappointment, but hey ...it seems to work for Apple. 

bbruin
Posted : Sunday, June 5, 2011 11:09:49 AM
According to that webinar, we should have the new beta no later than Tuesday, June 7.
Putt4Doughs
Posted : Sunday, June 5, 2011 11:16:52 AM

QUOTE (bbruin)
According to that webinar, we should have the new beta no later than Tuesday, June 7.

Interesting. I must've zoned out for a minute during the webinar when they mentioned that. I'll give it a shot on Tuesday. Thanks for the info.