Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Putt4Doughs
About
User Name: Putt4Doughs
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 80
[0.03% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: T 2007 v11 Chart Templates
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2011 12:35:24 PM

QUOTE (traderlady)
Good golfing & trading, Putt!

Hopefully, I'm a better trader than a golfer. 

Topic: T 2007 v11 Chart Templates
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2011 11:24:33 AM

QUOTE (traderlady)
Does v12 have more bugs because it is new?  Or, maybe less bugs?

Just a programmer's two cents ...

Bruce alluded to it above, but there are usually two main reasons to release a new version of any software:

1) Fix any bugs in the previous version (at least, those bugs that have been identified).
2) Introduce new features not available in the previous version.

So there's always a trade-off: the "old bugs" are usually gone, but there's always the possibility that any new features might have introduced "new bugs".

That's probably the main reason that, as Bruce mentioned. you can run both versions ... depending on your needs & wants, you may prefer one version or the other ... at least until the next version is released.

Topic: UpDating TC2000
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:37:39 PM
QUOTE (diceman)
Wonder why they would make you load a new version?

Not 100% sure, but I'm sitting in the webinar as I write this, and it sounds like "version 12" is what some programmers call a "major point release", so maybe they wanted to keep this separate from v11.1, which some folks might consider an "incremental release".

Or not. 

The other reason is maybe v12 is actually considered "live". At the very least, the version I downloaded before the webinar no longer has the word "Beta" in the window title bar. Not sure if it's "officially" considered "live", or they just forgot to stick the word "Beta" in there.
Topic: UpDating TC2000
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 7:31:14 PM

"Soon" is here.

For folks who haven't checked the home page this afternoon, you might want to mosey over there.

To The Cloud!

Topic: Burr Ridge?
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2011 5:46:55 PM
Interesting choice. 

Schaumburg is okay, but being from Naperville, Burr Ridge is actually a better choice for me. Either Worden is going after the west/southwest suburban demographic this time ... or Julia is just sick of the food in Schaumburg.

Or maybe it's a Midway vs. O'Hare thing. In any case, I trust we'll finally be looking at a version of TC2000 that's dropped the "beta" label.

Hey, a man can dream.
Topic: FreeStockCharts.com two-page spread in August Stocks & Commodities magazine
Posted: Saturday, July 9, 2011 9:31:32 PM

Sweet. 

Can't wait until the website looks as good as the ad...

Topic: Next Webinar - July 12th: The Clear Method
Posted: Wednesday, July 6, 2011 12:32:29 PM
Cool ... really looking forward to this one.

I pitched this to Julia back in April. I know we can do this in StockFinder, but I'm trying to migrate from StockFinder to TC2000, and it will be nice to see Ron Black's "Clear Method" implemented in TC2000.

I'll bring the popcorn!

Topic: Personal Criteria Language
Posted: Wednesday, July 6, 2011 9:42:29 AM
Thanks, Diceman.
I'll have a look.
Topic: Personal Criteria Language
Posted: Wednesday, July 6, 2011 8:18:33 AM
Before shooting a note over to feedback@tc2000.com I just wanted to make sure I understand PCFs correctly...

I've used StockFinder & RealCode in the past, but never TeleChart 2007. I'm now trying to migrate over to TC2000 so PCFs are still relatively new to me.

If I understand the help documentation correctly, the only indicators (other than the obvious price & volume) that can be referenced in a PCF are:

• STOC = Stochastics - For a 12 period stochastic with a %K of 5 you would use STOC12.5
  • BOP = Balance of Power
  • TSV = Time Segmented Volume
  • MS = MoneyStream
  • OBV = On Balance Volume

What about the other indicators in the indicator library? I don't use any of the indicators listed above.

My indicator cocktail consists of (but is not limited to):

• RSI
  • Wm%R
  • PPO
  • ADX
  • Accum/Dist
  • TRIN
  • TRINQ
  • TRIX
  • CCI
Can these indicators be used in a PCF?
Topic: Forum Profile Groups
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 1:09:50 PM
Cool. Thanks.

I've been Platinum for at least three months (around the time of the Chicago workshops) ... not sure what your update cycle is time-wise. Just an fyi.