Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: goldammerr
About
User Name: goldammerr
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 12
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Data feed
Posted: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 6:02:53 PM

I've sent a question about what seems to be a discrepancy within the data feed for the Nasdaq-listed stocks to your support email more than a month ago and still don't have an answer as the issue (according to one of your colleagues) is still with the "data data department".

I'm posting the issue here to check if anybody else has experienced the same issues and what comments if any are applicable to it.

The opening prices for Nasdaq stocks within the TC2000 data do not agree with Yahoo Finance, Google Finance and some other packaged data. It seems that TC2000 opening prices are the opening crosses at the Nasdaq exchange and not the official open. Sometimes these prices do not agree.

Comments?

Topic: stock splits on volume
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 7:48:45 AM

Sorry about that;  my mistake.

Thank you.

Topic: stock splits on volume
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 3:09:13 PM

I have noticed that some issues don't have their volume adjusted after the split; for example, take Expedia: the stock suffered a 1 for 2 split on December 21, 2011 (see http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/expedia-inc-completes-spin-off-of-tripadvisor-inc-135968313.html) and volume was not adjusted accordingly. This causes all sorts of distortions in calculations that use dollar Volume and Volume averages.

Any ideas or action items on how Worden is resolving this?

Topic: Product Comparisons??
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2011 5:21:00 PM
I'm still confused; Worden is now supporting 4 products simultaneously:TC2000 v11TC2007www.Freestockcharts.comStockFinder I use TC2007; have tried all others and would not change TC2007 for any of the others being offered, as it has specific functionality (such as the overall item count for each scan at a glance) that the others do not offer (somebody from Worden please correct me if I/m mistaken). TC2007 also offers the ability to link its database to other apps developed by 3rd parties (I use one such product) which is a big plus.Now, I don't see the new generation offering the above now or in the future. I also don't see any company forever supporting 4 products to the similar market niche successfully and profitably, w/o some canibalization.Thus, I'd appreciate the Company's official thoughts and strategy regarding the future and specially before I renew my TC2007 service, which is the only service I'm interested at this time.Thanks
Topic: Historical Market Capitalization
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:03:37 PM
Thanks. What about obtaining the market cap figures for a given stock in previous years, say, the last 10 years? How do I do that?
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 1:44:18 PM
Bruce,I has not really worked as discussed. Maybe there's a easier way: Am I able to perform a filter by market capitalization (say, > 2,500,000,000) for a given daye, say, Jan-1-1998? I tried tweaking filters and sorts, but I'm not able to have a resulting list that will show me symbol, name, market cap.In addition, if I get such a list, is it possible to generate a TXT symbol list of the results similar to the data export function in Telechart?thanks,r.
Posted: Friday, June 4, 2010 9:46:43 AM
ok, I understand. I'll let run for a while and see what happens. On another note, the historic capitalization number is obtained from the actual number of shares outstanding at the desired date, say, in my example case, 31 march 2000, times the closing price at the same date, correct?
Posted: Thursday, June 3, 2010 8:35:21 PM
I'm trying to run a filter against all Nasdaq stocks above a certain capitalization level 10 years ago. It has been working for quite a while, probably more than one hour. Is this to be expected?
Posted: Thursday, June 3, 2010 4:37:08 PM
Thank you, Bruce, I'll try that.
Posted: Thursday, June 3, 2010 3:10:30 PM
How can I obtain in Stockfinder 5 a listing of stocks with market capitalization greater than a certain dollar amount on a given date (say, 10 years ago), considering the shares outstanding and price at that date? Thanks