Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

daily trading plan Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
allenbary
Posted : Friday, June 18, 2010 1:01:22 PM
Does anyone other than me have or use a trading plan as in an organizational plan on there daily activity?I find it is a big help sinse in trading from home I have no boss to make sure I am covering all the bases. And it gives me more free time to spend with the family.
jimstacy
Posted : Monday, June 21, 2010 1:55:40 AM
this is an interesting topic, I have a plan written up, don't follow it as I should.
Wyckoff's 5 step plan is as close as I get to useing a plan.
I like Kevin Haggerty"s first hr reversal and over bought or over sold.
allenbary
Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 1:53:34 PM
Hi jimstacy, Well what I use to do in hours haphazardly,  I now do in minutes and accurate. My trading day starts at 9am, by 9:30 im ready and I have good idea if the markets are ripe for long or short entrys. I dont look for individual stocks till 9:45 when I run my scans. The scans run and update all day till close. If there are no hits I'll try to catch a daytrade so I get some profit everyday.  When he markets close  I review  my trades BUT I do not look at the markets or for new trades till the next morning.  AB
thekubiaks
Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 5:29:14 PM
My day trading plan:  Put new money in 100% Treasury bill money market fund and then go play Tennis.  I'm usually done by 0935.  
funnymony
Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:46:35 PM

i like the part about tennis.
jimstacy
Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:21:22 AM
Allenbary,
I took a class one time that taught not to look at the charts before the opening. I find that hard to follow.
I like to use set up points from Wyckoff, following the wave charts.
my broker has the option of running a scan, I haven't taken the time to learn how to set it up.

I watched the Merlin Rothfield webniar tonight. I will attempt some scanning it looks interesting.
jimstacy
Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2010 3:14:34 AM
I believe Merlin has had some training with Wyckoff or some one who worked with Wyckoff.
the set up, ace, I think it was, clearly a way of useing Wyckoff.  I found his teaching simple to use
in free charts, I pay for the extra use. it takes a little pratice, its that simple with experience.
jimstacy
Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2010 3:15:16 AM
be sure to remember the word "experience"