Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

KCI flag formation?? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
ocfisher
Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 4:59:05 PM
Does the KCI formation eversince it's March 10 sharp move conform to the requirements of a bullish flag formation? 

KCI seems to be consolidating in this sloping downward flag, in a band of about $2.5 range, for the last 45 days. Volume has contracted, like it suppose to do, in the formation.  
Is there anything missing or not clicking here? 
tobydad
Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 7:11:22 PM

I'd look for KCI to find support somewhere around 45.20. Then decide from there if you're considering going long.
3rdeye
Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 10:28:24 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

CBAN might fit as a flag too. On a daily anyway.

I'm new to this, but it  looks sweet.
Maybe a dragon as well.
ocfisher
Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 11:23:01 PM
tobydad,

Thanks. I fail to see why 45.20 might provide support though.  Would you care to elaborate? 

3rdeye,
What a move for CBAN, but it is such a lightly traded stock; does that matter to you? 
wwrightjuly4
Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 12:10:17 AM

OC, here is my take based on volume an price action, the horizontal at 45.20 makes a significant support line, using a weekly chart.

wwrightjuly4
Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 12:15:18 AM

OC, 

Also you should keep an eye on XLV as it is testing Support currently, and across the board the sector is being sold off,  if this support holds and the sector bounces off this support you could get a nice move but it's called a test for a reason.
3rdeye
Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:35:30 AM

[QUOTE

3rdeye,
What a move for CBAN, but it is such a lightly traded stock; does that matter to you? 
[/QUOTE]

Good point OC.  It is something I overlooked prior to posting.
Scrolling through some of the explosive moves in small banks recently,  this pattern caught my eye.

As I said, I'm a relatively new trader-
Much to learn.

Thanks
3rd
Apsll
Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 7:44:13 AM

I agree with Tobydad, there is strong support at $45.00 level going back to 2008. In my chart you will see this on the weekly. Notice also that the 10 week sma (50 day sma) is showing support also. Taking into account that money stream is still strong and where price is within the cycle or phase then I would give this consolidation a high probability of success for a continuation of the primary trend.

One thing to note is that one should not try and label every consolidation or continuation move as a - wedge, flag, triangle, pennant... They are all what they are just consolidation in waiting for the market to show continued interest or disfavor.

Here is the chart that shows what I have mentioned above. (I switched to windows XP as windows 7 had to many problems).

ocfisher
Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 9:13:05 AM
Thanks all, I see the support mentioned at 45-46 area.  

The "flag" for the last 45 days has provided support with a slanting down trendline that was just tested yesterday- successfully.   Earnings are out this morning, and KCI is down $1 in pre-market (below the flag support line).  We'll see if these support levels hold or not after market opens. A break out of the "consolidation" might make this very interesting.
johnlc
Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 6:46:32 PM
Apsll:     Problems with "7"?        Was thinking about putting 7 on my MAC laptop with Parallels to be able to run windows programs for stock program compatability.        Vista on my old lap top did me in for anymore windows OS.     Still running Vista on my trading computer, but that's all i do on that computer.   Wife's computer has xp,   runs great.     XP  maybe the best they ever came out with.     

Still learning nuances of forex.    Like What About Bob,  baby steps first.     Asian markets open 7pm E.S.T.    So  trading can be done til whatever hours you like and very liquid.    But being very careful.   
Read a few books,  liked Ed Ponsi's book " forex patterns and probabilities".     Actually experimenting with his methods on stocks besides forex.  Working well so far. 
Apsll
Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 8:29:54 PM

John,  yes windows7 was not heaven...

I had to many problems with it. I could not use my head-sets on skype without being droped. Also multiple multi-media slow downs.

When I had my friend slap windows XP on my new computer then every thing worked great. 

I think that Microsoft should be ashamed of themselves for not being able to provide a stable operating system for those of us that pay good money.

For those that think that I did not have enough power to drive windows 7 then just let me know. I have over 500 gig for my hard drives and then the following CPU and RAM.
agm32
Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 9:07:39 PM

be careful apsll, when you have a notice from ms for updates to xp. they have ways to verify if your copy of windows xp belongs to you or someone else. there have been cases of new purchases of the windows xp system not working because someone used that serial number on a pirated version.

they have got you between a rock and a hard place if you did not buy and register the windows xp system that you are using. you are open to a virus if you do not update and at the mercy of ms if you do update.

the old days of using your buddies copy is over and has been for several years. you cannot even use your own copy on your second computer.

johnlc
Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 10:23:50 PM
i guess bill needs more money to send to africa.     Looks like I'll buy a new copy of xp at a discount house on the internet.     At least it works.     Should have known mister softie would screw the public again.     

My Mac is super , no glitches, no problems, super help from factory support.    I'll see how xp works with parallels on the Mac.  Thanks for the info.
timsilverline
Posted : Friday, April 30, 2010 3:05:56 AM
Im a big fan of Windows 7 actually.

Hated Vista.  Lasted just a few weeks before kicking it to the curb.

Am running Win 7 on both my home desktop/trading PC and my work laptop for a while now.

No issues other than occasionally needing a full reboot after putting my laptop to sleep...

Don't think I could go back to XP due to its memory limitations.
Apsll
Posted : Friday, April 30, 2010 8:12:22 AM

Tim a couple of my friends also love windows 7. I actually like the features. 

The problem is that everyone has different ways of using their computers or rather they have different needs. For my friends that did not have problems with windows 7 they also did not have the same needs that I do. I know what you are saying about the "RAM" limitations on XP. But when I switch to XP from windows 7 I found that my computer ran faster and all my little glitches that I had simply dissapeared and my computer now fits all my needs and then some. I do wish that I could have the best of both worlds because windows 7 does have some features that I would like to have. Oh well to each his own.....
tdmartha
Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2010 3:06:38 PM
QUOTE (Apsll)
Tim a couple of my friends also love windows 7. I actually like the features. 

The problem is that everyone has different ways of using their computers or rather they have different needs. For my friends that did not have problems with windows 7 they also did not have the same needs that I do. I know what you are saying about the "RAM" limitations on XP. But when I switch to XP from windows 7 I found that my computer ran faster and all my little glitches that I had simply dissapeared and my computer now fits all my needs and then some. I do wish that I could have the best of both worlds because windows 7 does have some features that I would like to have. Oh well to each his own.....

You can certainly make everything work under windows 7 (and make it work better), but you need to have the knowledge to do so.
Windows 7 is superior in technology to XP - Not to mention the improvements for 64 bits, which is the way of the future.  By going back ot XP you are moving backwards besides there is not further support for XP.
tdmartha
Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2010 3:13:05 PM
QUOTE (johnlc)
i guess bill needs more money to send to africa.     Looks like I'll buy a new copy of xp at a discount house on the internet.     At least it works.     Should have known mister softie would screw the public again.     

My Mac is super , no glitches, no problems, super help from factory support.    I'll see how xp works with parallels on the Mac.  Thanks for the info.

You could have Ubunty Linux running on your PC for free, and better than Mac for sure.  You can also run Paralles, and VM, and Rubby under Linux for your PC applications and even more solid than in the Mac.
Mac is a fudged, and diluted variation of UNIX for the ones who don't want to learn or bother learning  something better and superior as Linux.  And of course at the right price - $0.

As always you pay for convenience.
johnlc
Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2010 6:52:29 PM
Everyone:    thanks for the info.      How much more complicated is "7" to XP?     Only want a windows OS on my MAC to be able trade and research markets.    No spread sheets,  not a bunch of memory basically just a portable trading computer.     My  MAC is top of line in memory and speed.    
Apsll
Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2010 7:28:21 PM

John, Windows 7 is no more complicated than any operating system. For me it is a matter of reliability.  I bypassed the whole "Vista" thing because of nightmare stories that I heard, and then I have friends that are still using Vista with no problems at all ever.

I do not know the reasons for such discrepancy but it all boils down to ones comfort zone. If it is to cold in New England then one should pack up and move to Texas...

Just my observations.

Good luck with the Forex and your MAC....

Apsll.

johnlc
Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2010 7:48:47 PM
Apsll:    Watch for the return post from MP over on DAVID's thread.      He may have some info about forex..   Like I said, I'm just being very safe and testing the waters for now.    We all know con artists are everywhere.   A  market that could be traded in the evenings, (eastern time)  and trade at one's own discretion, hey why not.