Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: tdmartha
About
User Name: tdmartha
Groups: Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 54
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Indian Stocks
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 9:34:55 PM
You cannnot disconnect stocks from politics, or economics.  They go hand on hand together.

If you think you can do that - I say dream on.

In fact, you will never make any money until you  find the connection.

Thinking that your MA, your stochs, or your whatever indicator/s  by themselve or together are going to do the job is as naive as thinking that reading a book, or joining an "on line or off line club" is going to make you profitable.

Listen to people that know how to swim all day, watch them swim all day, and then read all the books you want about swimming THEN jump in the pool and see if you can swim.

I personally haven't seen on this board ever a profitable technique, advice, or certainty on the bet.  Instead I see a lot of non productive tinkering by folks who for the most part I bet are losing their shirts.

Topic: AGQ
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 9:33:30 PM
You cannnot disconnect stocks from politics, or economics.  They go hand on hand together.

If you think you can do that - I say dream on.

In fact, you will never make any money until you  find the connection.

Thinking that your MA, your stochs, or your whatever indicator/s  by themselve or together are going to do the job is as naive as thinking that reading a book, or joining an "on line or off line club" is going to make you profitable.

Listen to people that know how to swim all day, watch them swim all day, and then read all the books you want about swimming THEN jump in the pool and see if you can swim.

I personally haven't seen on this board ever a profitable technique, advice, or certainty on the bet.  Instead I see a lot of non productive tinkering by folks who for the most part I bet are losing their shirts.

The answer isn't here.  The answer is within yourself.
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 1:32:01 PM

Off-topic post removed.

Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 1:27:25 PM

Off-topic post removed.

Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 1:23:13 PM

Off-topic post removed.

Topic: The Dan Zanger Ba-Zillion Dollar Challenge
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 11:23:34 AM
QUOTE (Apsll)
Howdy MP,

Here is the link...

http://www.howthemarketworks.com/trading/index.php?cmd=logout&Itemid=255

I do not want to step on Davids toes here either or appear bitter over my problems with the curent simulator. I know that some folks are not having any problems and they do not want to change. I would say that they finish the year out with the current situation and then the next time we should all vote on the next simulator..

I also want to give kudos to Davidjohnhall for all his work setting this all up......

Go get em MP....

I like to correct this misinformation.  The trading simulator at howthemarketworks DOES NOT provide real time trades.  I believe that the difference between real time quotes and real time trades has been misunderstood.
Let me put it this way the price quotations requested as a quote are different that the quotations requested for trades.
Still many of the price quotations as expected are delayed as well.

You may run into similar problems with this simulator as well as the usual pitfalls of paper trading.

You can do real time trading from you TDAmeritrade Thinkorswim plataform.  That is the real thing, but nonetheless the usual pitfalls as no real market applies.
Topic: SHORT LIST
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 10:40:35 AM
QUOTE (Apsll)

Hello Drj:

Yes, just skype me as castleme21

the forum moderators do not like folks sharing private information. The logic escapes me but I do not own the forum so it is not my call. Hopefully you can grab it before they do. As far as the local trolls like tompson10 and johnlc, just ignore them. None of them know how to actually trade and they spend most of their time telling others how crazy they are or lame or other such juvenile themes.

I actually wish that you would just share your strategy with the group here as I am sure that you have peaked their interest, otherwise the trolls would not be responding....

Talk to you soon and have a nice trading day today...

Sir, please stop your juvinile attitud.  It is easy to see from the writtings that you are not by any means an expert trader.  I would say not even amateur.  For what I see, you just read a new book, take a new seminar, or else and think you found "your" solution.  Then shortly thereafter you realize it isn't ,and you jump to something else.  
You learned about shorting just weeks ago, and we are suppose to trust your shorting judgement?  Come on please.

Everyone is free to do as they wish, but I like to warn the board about your writtings and certainly those of this new dr jim oakes.  It will cost them dearly.

Have a pleasant day.

Anyone who has been exposed to any considerable lenght of time to the markets, would know right away that this new character - Jim - have no clue about what he is doing.  And if he hasn't been told that by the market - he will be told very soon.  My guess is that he has been already told, and he now spend his time here fooling around or is trying to prep his positions off your back.  

Either way you would be a fool to listen.
Topic: attention backtesters
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 11:21:54 AM
Sir, backtesting is ok to check the behavior of systems.  Of course you must be able to test in the 3 kind of different markets conditions that can be possible.  Not an easy task, and not cheap either - not for concise testing anyways.

But,  systems are subject to users and what is more important to keep in mind is that history can't predict future. 
There is nothing that can do that except the ability to change it and knowing when it will happen.  Only very few have that priviledge.
Topic: SHORT LIST
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 11:10:37 AM
QUOTE (Apsll)
What did I miss last night???

Am I once again a relunctant participant in some Bigblock fiasco? 

If tomson10 is involved then you can bet that it is strange..... He only comes out from under his rock when there is an argument taking place.

I agree with Diceman on this one, Drj I suggest that after all this that you now need to share with the forum your "cannot miss" strategy. You do not need us to make the stock pick. Just pick a stock for us and detail your plan and we can then watch as a group how it plays out. This will satisfy everyone involved except tomson10 of course, he will only be happy if you fail and fall on your face. He is well known around here as gossip monger (most of wich he starts by himself), he is also known as - agm32, dryfess, and various versions of bigblock II through VI

I also belong to various skype trading groups. You can find me as "castleme21"

Sir, you seem so very confused.  
Why do you keep mentioning people who no longer post on these boards, or at least pay no attention to you?

I would like to convey extreme precaution to all who check this posting boards TO exercise extreme caution about anything that comes out from you.  You seem to be a very unstable.
Topic: The Dan Zanger Ba-Zillion Dollar Challenge
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 10:43:18 AM

QUOTE (Apsll)
QUOTE (tdmartha)

Oh! by the way, also it is a privilage to be in your RSS.  It shows your interest as well as in the case of the user named "diceman".  A dice is perhaps the best tool.

Yes we all know what your favorite "tool" is that you like to play with.

Sir, my husband says that you are a very unstable man.  I must concurr.