Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Analyzing for Options Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
ggloydsr
Posted : Friday, May 30, 2008 2:16:42 AM
On the Daily Worden Report for Wednesday, May 28, 2008, Sir Smalltiger on Options wrote:

I have a scan I named 'Optionable Uptrend Stocks'.  I sort first on 'All Stocks', then 'Price Percent Change 26 Week' from 90 to 99 Rank.  Next on '30 Day Price Trend vs. Market', 90 to 99 Rank.  Finally, on 'Optionable Stocks - True'.  That's it! 

I have been trying to do this, but it hasn't worked out.  The "Price Percent Change 26 Week" doesn't produce from 90 to 99 Rank.  Nor does the "30 Day Price Trend vs. Market" produce 90 to 99 Rank.  I believe he is onto something, and I would like to try it.  Can you possibly offer some clarity as to how this works?  I will appreciate it, as options are my favorite trades.  Thanks
Craig_S
Posted : Friday, May 30, 2008 6:02:08 AM

Worden Trainer

When he says "I sort first" he means he creates an EasyScan.

Please check out this short video: Using EasyScan to find stocks that meet your own criteria

- Craig
Here to Help!
ggloydsr
Posted : Friday, May 30, 2008 11:33:14 AM
Thanks Craig,  Got it and it's great!  Having gotten through that, I am attending a training class on Blocks 3.1.  I am interested in getting into it, and asked the trainer how I can convert that EasyScan into Blocks.   She referred me to "Ask a Trainer."  Can you help me with that?  Thanks. Again, my e-mail address is (email removed by Moderator)

Gerald
Craig_S
Posted : Friday, May 30, 2008 12:01:07 PM

Worden Trainer

I assume you are sitting in the Tampa class.  Tell Julia that Craig says "Hello!"

I'll get a solution together for you today.

- Craig
Here to Help!
Craig_S
Posted : Friday, May 30, 2008 12:07:58 PM

Worden Trainer

Looking this over it can be done in the current version of Blocks but it takes a LONG time to filter based on rank.  A new feature is being worked on for Blocks that will make this procedure easier and faster (like TeleChart).

I wish I could give you more details on this new feature (it is AMAZING) but we have to keep a lid on it for now.

Stick around, it should be in the program by the end of the summer.

- Craig
Here to Help!
JJESKO
Posted : Tuesday, June 3, 2008 10:15:14 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

CRAIG, THANKS FOR THE REPLY.  I'LL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEW FEATURE YOU MENTIONED.
Craig_S
Posted : Tuesday, June 3, 2008 10:26:03 PM

Worden Trainer

It will blow everybodys' socks off.

- Craig
Here to Help!
CGTrader
Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2008 1:19:19 PM
This product has had more up's and down's than any other 10 products I have used. The technical advances are great. But the marketing is the worst. We keep hearing about what will be.  Then it is in pre-release and only available to some.  Then when you buy it , all you thought was in it are extra.  Once you buy it, that part is free. I would like to suggest a few simple rules.

1.  Never talk about futures, unless they are under your control.
2.  Never talk about price until it is set and will stay set.
3.  Hire a Product Marketing Manager that knows the plan and has control of all information.

I am tired of seeing info on Web pages, hearing information at training sessions. Some of which are true but I can not tell which will turn out that way and which will not.  Next I will be told that the Condition Palette is going to be treated as an add-on.

I hope some of this gets to Cris as this is a great product with a very poor marketing plan.
johndee
Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 8:53:21 PM

CGTrader: correct, situation is similar in 2015

I'd like to ask how to create PCF formula for 30day price trend vs market. Most examples from the website doesn't work because it's compatible with TCv7 or StockFinder, both old products. Thanks for your help.

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 11:45:49 AM

Worden Trainer

There really isn't a good way to create a formula for a 30 day price trend vs market.

price trend vs. market

You can plot the 30 day price trend vs market on the chart however by selecting Add Plot to Chart and choosing it from the Fundamentals section.

Plot historical fundamentals from Morningstar (7:00)

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles