Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: ggloydsr
About
User Name: ggloydsr
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 15
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Setting up scan for channeling stocks
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2015 9:49:35 AM

THANKS BRUCE!

Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2015 1:47:43 AM

Thanks bcochrane!

Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 11:54:13 AM

I am interested in writing covered calls, and have been told that the best way to scan for the best candidates is to set up an Easy Scan that scans for channeling stocks.  Can anyone give me some advice as to whether this is true and how to set up an Scan for it.  There is a video on TC 2000 version 7, but I found it confusing when trying to apply it to version 12.  Thanks

Topic: Analyzing for Options
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 11:33:14 AM
Thanks Craig,  Got it and it's great!  Having gotten through that, I am attending a training class on Blocks 3.1.  I am interested in getting into it, and asked the trainer how I can convert that EasyScan into Blocks.   She referred me to "Ask a Trainer."  Can you help me with that?  Thanks. Again, my e-mail address is (email removed by Moderator)

Gerald
Topic: Analyzing for Options
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 2:16:42 AM
On the Daily Worden Report for Wednesday, May 28, 2008, Sir Smalltiger on Options wrote:

I have a scan I named 'Optionable Uptrend Stocks'.  I sort first on 'All Stocks', then 'Price Percent Change 26 Week' from 90 to 99 Rank.  Next on '30 Day Price Trend vs. Market', 90 to 99 Rank.  Finally, on 'Optionable Stocks - True'.  That's it! 

I have been trying to do this, but it hasn't worked out.  The "Price Percent Change 26 Week" doesn't produce from 90 to 99 Rank.  Nor does the "30 Day Price Trend vs. Market" produce 90 to 99 Rank.  I believe he is onto something, and I would like to try it.  Can you possibly offer some clarity as to how this works?  I will appreciate it, as options are my favorite trades.  Thanks
Topic: Moving Averages, H, L, C
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 11:32:07 AM
I am interested in three moving averages on my chart, one each for high, low and close.  I believe the one that is normal in the system if for the close.  But I want to use all three to help establish entry points.  Is this possible, and if so, how would I do it?  Thanks
Topic: Average True Range
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2007 10:43:26 AM
I would like to analyze stocks by the Average True Range. (ATR 5 &ATR 7).  Is that possible with TC 2000, and if so, can you tell me how?  Thanks.
Topic: Scanning for Marubozus
Posted: Sunday, April 8, 2007 11:33:56 PM
A marubozu is a large japanese candle stick that have little or no wick. They can be either clear or filled. in other words, they represent a day when there was a large movement in the stock, but again, no wick, meaning the stock didn't go in a direction and retrace by the end of the day. Can you help me? Thanks GGL
Topic: Scanning for Marubozus
Posted: Saturday, April 7, 2007 2:19:50 PM
It is possible to scan a list of stocks for marubozus at the end of a day? What criteria would be needed, if it is indeed possible? Thanks.
Topic: Scanning for upward trending stocks
Posted: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 10:41:16 AM
I am interested in scanning for optionable stocks that have been trending upward for the past six to twelve months. They don't necessarily need to be at their 52 week highs. Is there a PCF or Easy Scan that can do that?

Thanks for your response.

Gerald