Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Will TeleChart be discontinued...? Topic Rating:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
blocksworks
Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 3:19:45 AM
What is the future of TeleChart?  What would happen if Worden discontinues TeleChart in the middle of my 2-year subscription?  Should I bother to start my 2-year if I plan to have Blocks too?  I realize there are three things unique about TelelChart that isn't present in Blocks, namely: Worden Notes, OBV & TSV, and the ability to make notes on charts.  Why can't these be added to Blocks and charge Blocks an extra $10-$20 and rid of TeleChart?  As a Blocks user, it is hard on the budget to afford another $89/mo (Platinium) for those three unique features of which only one is useful to me personally.
Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 10:00:50 AM

Worden Trainer

We have no plans to discontinue TeleChart. It is possible to get a refund of any remaining paid months of your TeleChart data subscription at any point (or to have the remaining time converted to Blocks time).

Which feature do you want added to Blocks? Have you suggested it in the the Bugs / Suggestions for Blocks Trader 3.0 forum?

It is possible to place text on the Charts (it's under Drawing Tools | Shapes). OBV and TSV are available in Blocks. I suspect you might be thinking of Cumulative MoneyStream (MS) and Balance of Power (BOP).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Craig_S
Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:04:15 AM

Worden Trainer

A few things to keep in mind:

If you have TeleChart Gold the Blocks Basic US daily feed ($39) is half-price ($19.50)

If you have TeleChart Platinum the the Blocks Basic US daily feed ($39) is free

Blocks does have TSV and OBV the ability to write text on the chart.

Blocks does not have the following:

-MoneyStream
-Balance of Power
-Personal Notes
-Worden Notes
-Worden Report
-Platinum Clubs and Platinum Chat (it has its own chat)

- Craig
Here to Help!
blocksworks
Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:20:31 AM

Question (1)
Ah, "Personal Notes" is what I am referring to.  I want to make daily notes on charts about news impacting the market or stock as well as noteworthy technical formations.  But now I am confused: Craig says Blocks does not have Personal Notes, but yet both of you said one can write text on the charts.  I guess the questions to ask are: how much text and will the text (if lengthy) cover up part of the chart?

Question (2)
I think Blocks pricing is removed from your website.  I recall Blocks Daily is $39, Blocks Real-time is $59.  If I have TeleChart Platinum, wouldn't Blocks Real-time be free?  (And do I have to pay the $9.25 exchange fee twice?)

Thanks, guys, for taking the time to clarify things.

Craig_S
Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:27:27 AM

Worden Trainer

Text is on the actual chart and can be lengthy and is tied to a point on the chart (meaning it will move left as new data is added).  It could potentially cover up plots on the chart depending on where you put it.

I would expect a personal note system in Blocks like TeleChart at some point but I don't know if or when this may happen.

We will be publishing the pricing on Blocks once it goes to general release.  We are still in pre-release.

Blocks Daily is $39.  You can add Real Time to the Daily feed for an additional $59.

If you are Platinum customer in TeleChart you only have to play the exchange fee once and you only need to pay the $59 to make Blocks US real time.  The $39 Daily Feed is given to TC Platinums at no charge.

- Craig
Here to Help!
blocksworks
Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:38:06 AM
I think this question belongs to Blocks forum and it may have been asked already.  Will Blocks  Daily Feed ever offer delayed (e.g. 20-minute) data rather than previous day closing prices?
Craig_S
Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:55:13 AM

Worden Trainer

There is no word yet if that will happen.

- Craig
Here to Help!
BerkoBob
Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2008 7:14:09 AM
If I understand this correctly, as a platinum TC user, I can have Blocks Basic for free?  If so, how do I get it?  Thank you.

BerkoBob.
Craig_S
Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2008 10:13:32 AM

Worden Trainer

The end-of-day Basic US feed is free to any TeleChart Platinum customer.  You should receive an email in the next few months with instructions for getting the program.  RIght now, the only way to get the program (it is in limited release) is by coming to a Training Class or a Trade Show where we are exhibiting.

You can find our training schedule on www.Blocks.com

- Craig
Here to Help!
saikman
Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 5:24:58 AM
Where are the Worden notes for yesterday's stocks (i.e. POT, DE, RBA)?
Big_Sky_Walker
Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2008 10:51:35 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

FYI - the new Worden Stochastic indicator glowingly discussed in Peter Worden's latest CD-Rom video (WSSSIV) is not available in Telechart.  This may be a clear indication that Telechart is destined for the scrap heap.  Too bad management continues to refuse to address this issue.
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, August 11, 2008 9:46:32 AM

Worden Trainer

Big_Sky_Walker,
We have no plans to discontinue TeleChart.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
PeterWorden
Posted : Sunday, August 17, 2008 2:19:53 PM

Administration

As both Bruce and Craig have stated here, we have no intention of discontinuing TeleChart.

In fact, the Worden Stochastic indicator, which I use in my latest Winning Stocks Selection Simplified, Vol. IV CD-ROM video is likely to be added to the available technical indicators within TeleChart.

-Peter Worden 

Big_Sky_Walker
Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 12:37:07 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Thanks Peter for clearing up the confusion.
gasminder
Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 7:58:20 AM
QUOTE (PeterWorden)

As both Bruce and Craig have stated here, we have no intention of discontinuing TeleChart.

In fact, the Worden Stochastic indicator, which I use in my latest Winning Stocks Selection Simplified, Vol. IV CD-ROM video is likely to be added to the available technical indicators within TeleChart.

-Peter Worden 

It's nice to hear that but I would point out that long ago one of the Wordens posted that there was  intent to add things learned in Blocks in a TC update coming in the fall of 2007.  That would be great.  At this point there has not been a major upgrade in TC in a VERY long time (sorry - changing the splash screen from 2005 to 2007 doesn't count).  Lot's of wonderful capabilities in Blocks but I don't have time to learn yet another new software package.  (Many of us have jobs in addition to our trading/investing)
Architect
Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 9:21:14 AM
is likely?

How about a segmented line drawing tool that reads out the sum of the absolute values of  the strokes as well as the value of each segment?

This is long overdue and should exist on both platforms.  No one else is smart enough to create it.
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 9:33:57 AM

Worden Trainer

Architect,
You should make suggestions for TeleChart in the Comments/Suggestions forum and suggestions for StockFinder (Blocks) in the Bugs / Suggestions for StockFInder 4.0 beta forum.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
retire06
Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 9:18:07 PM
I have tried blocks and it gets seriously slow and erratic when I use complex formulas...  really unfortunate Telechart will likely be discontinued... Don't want any canned replies either...   Will move to Ameritrades Strategy desk...
Kuf
Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 9:34:12 PM

Administration

QUOTE (retire06)
I have tried blocks and it gets seriously slow and erratic when I use complex formulas...  really unfortunate Telechart will likely be discontinued... Don't want any canned replies either...   Will move to Ameritrades Strategy desk...

I don't know why people keep saying TeleChart is going to be discontinued. It is not going to be discontinued, we've stated over and over again it's not going to be discontinued. I'm locking this thread before more speculation is posted.

Ken Gilb (Kuf)
Chief Software Engineer - Worden Brothers Inc.
Try/Catch - My RealCode Blog