Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Architect
About
User Name: Architect
Groups: Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,279
[0.43% of all post / 0.18 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Telechart 2000 version 11.1
Posted: Friday, July 8, 2011 8:49:26 AM
Bruce,

Do you think that they will plot the Volume bars in the correct location this time?

They're not, you know.

Bill
Topic: Plotting to Price Scale and plotting not to price scale.
Posted: Saturday, July 2, 2011 1:25:48 PM
When you plot the Price history as a line the Volume bars do not proplerly back up price movement.  In fact they are 1/2 bar ahead.

That means that if you are looking at a Monthly chart, they are 15 days incorrectly plotted. 10 minute chart... 5 minutes off.

The line segments should be exactly plotted in alignment with the volume bars. In other words the inflections should occur on the gaps between the bars.

Now I realize that everyone does it that way and it accounts for the ends of the indicators being plotted 1/2 bar back from the right edge of the chart.  They simply are not in perfect alignment.

This really is silly and if you are daytrading, you can get confused by that.  Why can't Worden Brothers take the lead and have things properly plotted?

That right edge should have everything in alignment.

Bill
Topic: Plotting to Price Scale and plotting not to price scale.
Posted: Saturday, July 2, 2011 1:18:36 PM
In prior versions you had a check box for this featrue.

Where is it in 11.1 please?

I want to plot the trading envelope and it is coming in as if it's not to Price Scale.

The trading envelope is the most important envelope of all.

Bill
Topic: Percent True Indicator
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2011 9:27:05 AM
There you go! Thanks Bruce.

bill
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2011 8:30:51 AM
Had a friend who developed a rendering package for the Amiga. Tried it on one of my designs. It too about 6 weeks of cranking to produce the image.  There is a lesson in that.

64 bit has to be important with such a complex program.

I sent Chris a 8 page crit on Blocks and the next thing it was down. He didn't even bother to say thanks for that or the 2page crit on TC. Crits are not in the engineering world and are very much a part of the Architectural world.  So they are not personal and meant to help.

Interesting that old TCnet is hard to beat. Sure was the slickest platform to develop indicators and chart templates. Long ago I jammed your server to save my stuff... well over 2k  indicators, 3K in chart templates.

So which of those programs would be set up for programmed trading?

b
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2011 2:58:08 PM
Wow, There you are Bruce!

Missed you and our conversations and the time that you counted the pixels on your TV.

Blocks was wonderful and it's a shame that it's not up and running now. Possibly it really would crank on a 64 bit machine.

I had some neat stuff going on there, especially in the spread sheet as well, and the conversations that we all had were wonderful, including what's his names dufus upsets.

Best wishes to you and your family. Happy Easter and by now your kids must be taller than you. ;D

Bill
(phone number removed by moderator)
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2011 10:47:11 AM
Somewhere you must have explained what it is and how it operates. If you haven't then someone somewhere must have explained it.

Same for the cumulative indicator.

At any rate say hello to Bruce... He is Great!  Numero Uno!

bill dickens
Topic: Modelling Bollinger Bands (& Standard Deviation) in a TC PCF
Posted: Thursday, January 7, 2010 10:08:49 AM
Thank you Jimmy Dean!

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Lets hope that Brandon can get things together after Bill Martin's total screw up.

Bill
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2009 6:11:55 PM
Steenth's comment strikes me as best.  # of Angels dancing on the head of a pin protracted to infinity.

It is surprising that there is no bandwidth formula in the pulldown child formula list since John has provided that in his book on Bands.

So Bruce, please point me to the Bandwidth formulas they are not here in a clear fashion.

Bill

Posted: Monday, December 28, 2009 11:50:29 AM
Bruce,

There are way too many posts on this subject and I have never questioned your abilities after you went home and counted pixels on your TV set.  After that I neve questioned your genius nor integrity.

When I stuck some of the early or first formulas in, the plots were inorrect.

Where is the formula for bandwidth?
For both (% )?

Bill