Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: gasminder
About
User Name: gasminder
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 43
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Dividend yield Watchlist column
Posted: Sunday, January 9, 2011 11:44:27 AM
Whenever I try to post a watchlist column with "dividend yield" (as well as numerous other fundamental criteria) I instead get column entitled "21-day moving average" with no data.  Suggestions?
Topic: Paint scheme vs timefram
Posted: Thursday, December 2, 2010 8:09:17 AM
Ahhhh - the drag 'n drop works perfectly. I had no idea you could do that.......at some point I will learn to ask BEFORE spending hours trying to figure it out................Thanks for the help and a great product!-gasminder
Posted: Wednesday, December 1, 2010 7:39:28 AM
Bruce;

Thanks for the reply.  What I am trying to accomplish is this:

I have a weekly chart with a paint scheme created from a combo of indicators on that chart and saved.  I have a separate daily chart that I wish to have painted identically to that scheme based on the weekly timeframe.  It would in fact be my preference that the colors on the daily not change until the weekly status has changed.  Any help would be appreciated.

I have however studiously avoided spending the time to learn RealCode (as time is the thing I have the least of and as a longtime TC user I had become accustomed to using a roundabout approach to problem solving ).  I can certainly cut and paste into the paint scheme but I suspect I need to change something to point to the chart in question?

Thanks again for your time & effort.

gasminder
Posted: Saturday, November 27, 2010 10:46:50 PM
Could someone help me with a Paint scheme issue?

I want to have a shorter timeframe (daily in this case) be painted with a scheme that references a higher timeframe (weekly).  I have created a paint scheme using conditions that reference indicators that I have created and made "weekly not streaming" as their price source and this works nicely in the weekly timeframe.  However when I load that paint scheme to the daily chart it references all the indicators etc to the daily chart.

All I want is for the paint scheme to show me exactly what the higher time frame signal is - any thoughts?

Thanks for your help.
Topic: Paint scheme from higher timeframe
Posted: Saturday, November 20, 2010 8:29:43 AM

Could someone help me with a Paint scheme issue?

I want to have a shorter timeframe (daily in this case) be painted with a scheme that references a higher timeframe (weekly).  I have created a paint scheme using conditions that reference indicators that I have created and made "weekly not streaming" as their price source and this works nicely in the weekly timeframe.  However when I load that paint scheme to the daily chart it references all the indicators etc to the daily chart.

All I want is for the paint scheme to show me exactly what the higher time frame signal is - any thoughts?

Thanks for your help.

Topic: Extremely slow and crashing repeatedley
Posted: Monday, June 7, 2010 10:39:35 PM
Had no issues with 4. Am I the only one with an issue? Running on Win 7 64 bit.
Topic: Question to Telechart Users
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 8:20:33 AM
I was a very long-time TC user who added SF at my last renewal.  Probably about 6 months ago.  I now do ALL my charting in SF and in fact recently "broke down" and started tracking watchlists internally rather than keeping them in TC.  TC is still better for FINDING stocks that meet certain criteria and has notes (both personal & Worden).   SF is a better charting package - even if KISS is your motto because you can use rules etc to simplify your charting.  That's probably not clear but what I mean is you can paint your chart according to simple rules thus allowing you to more quickly see the status of a stock.  I like to plot stops on my charts and this can be done in SF but not TC - in TC you can plot them as a custom indicator but in SF you can make them show on a chart like stops.  Real code is more powerful than the TC script - but I haven't spent the time to learn it because I believe in KISS myself and can do everything I need without it. 

Biggest downside of SF in my mind are: 1) lack of notes where you can document your ideas with an attached chart.  2) lack of BOP, I have found BOP to not be worth using 80% of the time but when it gives a strong divergence that signal is VERY valuable therefore I like to be able to check it.  3) SF 4 still acts buggy at times.  I see we're already onto v 5 beta (sigh......)

SF is great.  The cost of adding it to an existing TC license is pretty darn low.
Topic: What do you think of this??
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:53:15 AM
Hmmmm.......
1) The banks aren't lending because they are broke.  The fed is giving them your money to keep them afloat.  The Fed is NOT regulating them according to law (look at the write offs when they fail - it's quite clear they have "failed" 10-50 times over before the Fed actually closes them).
2) The banks also aren't lending because there aren't any credit-worthy lenders with credit-worthy projects.  Commercial real estate is going bust at an accelerating pace.  Residential housing is going into a period of ARM resets that dwarfs the size of the subprime debacle.  Real unemployment is somewhere around 20% - we don't really know how high because the gov't refuses to count it.  Gov't can call it 9.8 but the guy at the corner store has an impact on his business from the 20% not just the 9.8.
3) How to invest to profit?  Diceman has it exactly right - buy what's going up with strength, sell what's falling with strength.  This is quite easy to evaluate with Telechart/Stockfinder.  What's hard is actually doing it........................................................................
Topic: Will TeleChart be discontinued...?
Posted: Sunday, September 21, 2008 7:58:20 AM
QUOTE (PeterWorden)

As both Bruce and Craig have stated here, we have no intention of discontinuing TeleChart.

In fact, the Worden Stochastic indicator, which I use in my latest Winning Stocks Selection Simplified, Vol. IV CD-ROM video is likely to be added to the available technical indicators within TeleChart.

-Peter Worden 

It's nice to hear that but I would point out that long ago one of the Wordens posted that there was  intent to add things learned in Blocks in a TC update coming in the fall of 2007.  That would be great.  At this point there has not been a major upgrade in TC in a VERY long time (sorry - changing the splash screen from 2005 to 2007 doesn't count).  Lot's of wonderful capabilities in Blocks but I don't have time to learn yet another new software package.  (Many of us have jobs in addition to our trading/investing)
Topic: Dr Elder's software for TC 2005
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 5:48:08 PM
The 'software' is simply a group of PCF's and chart templates. It works fine in TC2007.